Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38  All

Author Topic: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Game Over : Mafia Wins !)  (Read 100786 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: March 31, 2014, 02:50:51 pm »

I like that faust/Ichi are both happy with eachotehr's lynches.  And I'm not really sure what gives them that read.  faust justified his on Ichi a bit; ichi justified his on faust pretty badly I think.

In a reads list, Ichi shifts faust from null to scummy, when really there wasn't any indication in any of ichi's posts between those two reads-posts of reasons for that switch.

If mcmc is indeed town, we should look to faust/Ichi.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 31, 2014, 02:51:56 pm »

between #190 adn #278.  that is the interval between Ichi's reads that I'm talking about.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 31, 2014, 02:54:27 pm »

Okay well it was fun, sorry for getting over emotional in some of my defenses your all right to not trust ate I just couldn't help it. I am town, and I do think shraeye/ichi/faust are good people to look at.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 31, 2014, 02:55:48 pm »

I like that faust/Ichi are both happy with eachotehr's lynches.  And I'm not really sure what gives them that read.  faust justified his on Ichi a bit; ichi justified his on faust pretty badly I think.

In a reads list, Ichi shifts faust from null to scummy, when really there wasn't any indication in any of ichi's posts between those two reads-posts of reasons for that switch.

If mcmc is indeed town, we should look to faust/Ichi.

Well I guess we'll find out. If mcmc is indeed town, I'll be looking to you though. I find your confidence townie, but it could also be scum bluffing.

You have made some incredibly strong statements against mcmc, but I asked myself. Is that really the best tactic for town either?
To have super strong reads as town, you better be actually positive that mcmc was scum. Otherwise, you would know that it would reflect badly on you, which seems like a poor gambit.

PPE: 1

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 31, 2014, 02:56:08 pm »

i'm disapointed if that's true, you just had so many bad responses to everything i had.  Ichi/faust are a pair worth looking into tomorrow if mcmc is town.

if mcmc is scum and still trolling us, I think ADK is the place to look tomorrow.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 31, 2014, 02:58:47 pm »

i'm disapointed if that's true, you just had so many bad responses to everything i had.  Ichi/faust are a pair worth looking into tomorrow if mcmc is town.

if mcmc is scum and still trolling us, I think ADK is the place to look tomorrow.

Regardless, I think it's worth taking a look at ADK. At the very least, I'd like to hear tomorrow about what he thinks about all this stuff that he's missed.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 31, 2014, 03:02:03 pm »

THREAD LOCKED
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 31, 2014, 03:05:37 pm »

Final Vote Count

mcmcsalot (5): shraeye, Voltaire, Ichimaru Gin, Nik, faust

Ichimaru Gin (2): Witherweaver, mcmcsalot
A Drowned Kernel (1) : Delirious Deleuze
Voltaire (1): A Drowned Kernel

With 9 alive, it took 5 to lynch.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 31, 2014, 03:18:53 pm »

After Frank's arrest, all of his friends in Washington gathered information with one goal in mind : catching the people who outed him, and destroy them before they could do more damage.

One of them quickly identified the obvious : it had to be Claire. She clearly hadn't always been comfortable with her husband's actions, and had decided to do the right thing and bring him down. Only her could have so easily known his weak points, going back to his early days as a young senator.

After a few other were convinced, they got to work and gathered everything they had on her : the affairs, the secret abortions, the relations between her NGO and Somalian arms dealers, the breaking of work ethics on a daily basis... it was only after everything had been sent to every news outlet in the country that they realized their mistake : how could someone so clearly self-interested and ready to do anything have brought down her own husband so close to his goal ?

mcmcsalot has been lynched. He was Claire Underwood, the Corrupt Politician (Town Vanilla) !
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:20:21 pm by Teproc »

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 31, 2014, 03:21:57 pm »

Night 1 has begun. It will end tomorrow at 4pm. Any night actions submitted after that won't be taken into account.[/b]

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (PMs sent)
« Reply #410 on: April 01, 2014, 03:59:48 pm »

That morning, Washington woke up to a new scandal : a scandal involving a certain Washington Herald reporter had broken out during the night and she had quickly been fired and forced to leave town to escape the press. It was revealed that she had compromised herself with several people on Capitol Hill, one of which was rumored to be Frank Underwood himself. Pictures were released, and it was revealed that she had failed to share her knowledge of election frauds and instances of corruption with the public, thus failing the ideals of her profession. Everyone on Capitol Hill knew this was the next step after Frank's removal from office, and that they would have to do everything in their power to stop this from continuing.

Delirious Deleuze has been forced to leave politics. He was Zoe Barnes, the Corrupt Journalist (Town Vanilla).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 01, 2014, 03:59:56 pm »

"I've always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death, it puts even the most powerful of men on their backs."

Day 2 starts now !
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:03:51 pm by Teproc »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 01, 2014, 04:00:56 pm »

Sweet, VT death. Off to re-read now that we have another flip. Cool cool cool cool cool. I actually feel good about this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 01, 2014, 04:06:46 pm »

Sweet, VT death. Off to re-read now that we have another flip. Cool cool cool cool cool. I actually feel good about this.

Feel good?  I didn't like it.. I was pretty sure he was going to end up being town.. but I guess now knowing it for certain helps.  I have to go back and reread too. 

DeDe getting night killed doesn't seem to give a lot of info.  He had almost zero suspicion.  Most of the other players have a decent chance of getting lynched by town. That seems like the safest choice for scum, which maybe supports one of the veterans being scum.  Or maybe it was just obvious. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 2)
« Reply #414 on: April 01, 2014, 04:07:30 pm »

Vote Count 2.0:

Not Voting (7): Nik, Witherweaver, Ichimaru Gin, A Drowned Kernel, shraeye, faust, Voltaire

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 2 ends at 4:00 p.m. on April 8, 2014.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 01, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »

Well then, it's obvious who to vote for now.
Vote:Shraeye

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 01, 2014, 04:35:42 pm »

Well then, it's obvious who to vote for now.
Vote:Shraeye

How is that obvious?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 01, 2014, 04:37:42 pm »

Not sure what to make of Voltaire's reaction to the flip, seems weird...

My main suspects right now are Ichi and ADK. I'll need to reread to see how they behaved towards the conf!townies.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 01, 2014, 04:40:48 pm »

My main suspects right now are Ichi and ADK. I'll need to reread to see how they behaved towards the conf!townies.

Yep, this. shraeye should be a huge suspect today but NOT an auto-lynch. In fact, I don't think he's most likely to be scum. I just think he should be a strong candidate. I will most likely not want to lynch shraeye today.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 01, 2014, 04:41:38 pm »

Why? I'm happy we lost a VT. We were wrong on mcmc but eh we're usually wrong D1. Now we can re-read D1 with two flips and all our PRs left. That's not best-case scenario, but it's the best version of the most-likely scenario.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 01, 2014, 04:46:10 pm »

Yep, this. shraeye should be a huge suspect today but NOT an auto-lynch. In fact, I don't think he's most likely to be scum. I just think he should be a strong candidate. I will most likely not want to lynch shraeye today.

Well, I do agree that it's nice to still have our PRs, only with the odd-night/even-night stuff they're not as strong.

How do we feel about a Doc claim, by the way? They can't use their power until N3, and having the claim now leaves scum with a hard decision whether to shoot the IC or hunt the Cop N2.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 01, 2014, 04:47:33 pm »

I'd say later in the day, maybe. The doc should think about it. Hmm hmm hmm. It would also avoid the Cop targeting the Doc which would be bad (not disastrous, but...) Oh my. Maybe I do like it? I dunno.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 01, 2014, 04:49:11 pm »

Voltaire is still my strongest suspect here. This all definitely warrants a reread, but I don't like the way he only started pushing hard on the mc wagon after there were several people voting on it.

Nik's out the gate vote for shraeye seems a little suspect as well, but that might just be a newbie mistake. He was also the lurkiest newbie on day on so maybe there's something there.

I'm inclined to believe shraeye is town, I'm much more suspicious of people who jumped on the wagon after it got going (Voltaire's the big one, possibly also faust and nik)

PPE: 2
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 01, 2014, 04:50:09 pm »

ADK's reads are just so massively off of mine and most other's.

vote: ADK

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 01, 2014, 04:51:38 pm »

Claiming: Seems a little risky to me, having both PRs survive to LyLo would pretty much mean an auto-win. It's ultimately up to them, I suppose.

PPE: So I'm scum for disagreeing with people? My read was off from others on mc and yet I was right. I'm going to vote for who I think is scummy, not who other people tell me to.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.