Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38  All

Author Topic: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Game Over : Mafia Wins !)  (Read 100827 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2014, 05:59:01 pm »

Geez, need to read a little more carefully. Hmm, so should I switch to Ichimaru? If his scum partners in a previous game brought the idea up to him it makes more sense that he would consider it a possibility. I'm having a hard time getting a solid read on anybody. Shraeye seemed towny to me before the fight, but his "trap" moves him into suspicious territory. mc seems a little scummy but mc always seems a little scummy, both my experiences playing with him I was certain he was scum and he ended up being town so I'm hesitant to vote for him. But I shouldn't be relying on meta knowledge, especially in a newbie game. Voltaire makes a good point about faust, I'd like to hear more from him (faust that is, though more from Voltaire is always welcome.) Newbies are doing a good job being active so far, though Nik needs to get in more.

I'm rambling. Who's scummiest here? I find the idea of shraeye and mc's find being staged extremely contrived, and you're right, it was Ichi and not DeDe who brought it up. So

Vote: Ichi
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2014, 09:49:52 pm »

I will post a more substantial response tomorrow, but I'm closing where I work and opening tomorrow morning, so I'm not going to have time to do a good post before 3 tomorrow

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2014, 12:33:23 am »

Geez, need to read a little more carefully. Hmm, so should I switch to Ichimaru? If his scum partners in a previous game brought the idea up to him it makes more sense that he would consider it a possibility. I'm having a hard time getting a solid read on anybody. Shraeye seemed towny to me before the fight, but his "trap" moves him into suspicious territory. mc seems a little scummy but mc always seems a little scummy, both my experiences playing with him I was certain he was scum and he ended up being town so I'm hesitant to vote for him. But I shouldn't be relying on meta knowledge, especially in a newbie game. Voltaire makes a good point about faust, I'd like to hear more from him (faust that is, though more from Voltaire is always welcome.) Newbies are doing a good job being active so far, though Nik needs to get in more.

I'm rambling. Who's scummiest here? I find the idea of shraeye and mc's find being staged extremely contrived, and you're right, it was Ichi and not DeDe who brought it up. So

Vote: Ichi

I must say this vote seems a little half-hearted. It's like "I'm so confused, I vote x (voting without even reading enough to determine who said something first), so then I vote y."

If you truly believe that my so-called "conspiracy theory" is scummy, then this does make sense--in that you wish to vote for whoever started this idea. However, the fact that you are voting quickly, without even reading through to find the source is troublesome to me. I am tempted to vote for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2014, 12:34:03 am »

Who was the first to voice the conspiracy theory?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2014, 12:35:01 am »

It was me, but ADK at first thought it was Deleuze.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2014, 06:47:30 am »

So, what happened?

In the mcmc/shraeye fight, shraeye comes off a little more townie than mcmc. I'm not convinced by shraeye's case, but mcmc's reactions to it has a scummy AtE feel.

Voltaire votes for me. Yeah, not much I can do about that because he doesn't really think I'm scummy.

Good input from DeDe solidifies my townread on him.

I still like my vote on Ichimaru. His case on DeDe was constructed, and now he brings up a conspiracy theory. I find it quite unlikely that mcmc and shraeye are scum together, and even if they are, I wouldn't think they staged this fight.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2014, 11:24:26 am »

Okay, so it's been hard to form many ideas that feel like they have merit here.  This is my general view:

1. Nik - unsure, hasn't posted much
2. Witherweaver - town
3. Delirious Deleuze - I get the impression of town just trying to figure things out.
4. Ichimaru Gin - bringing up conspiracy theory could either be town just thinking out loud or scum trying to spread confusion; the artificial case against DeDe makes me lean towards scum.
5. A Drowned Kernel - null
6. mcmcsalot - I'm getting the impression of scum based on the shraeye interaction; he's also being generally helpful with information about Mafia, which could be a scum thing to make newbies want to lynch him less, or it could be an honest town thing to simply be helpful.  The case against me felt forced, so that adds to some suspicion.
7. shraeye  - originally thought was scum, now thinking more town.
8. faust - not sure, slight town read.
9. Voltaire- null

So, slight town on DeDe, Faust, Shraeye, slight scum on Ichi and McMc. 

I guess I'm going to unvote for now.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2014, 12:14:09 pm »

Why not I do what witherweaver did? (I still don't really know what to post... :()

Witherweaver-Town
DD-Definite town. I used to be unsure, but now he is absolutely town
Ichi-Conspiracy theories? Post count? Seems scummy to me...
ADK-Null
Mcmcsalot-Well, I voted for him, so, scum (I explained in my vote why)
Shraeye-null
Faust-Possibly scum
Voltaire-Null
Nik-SCUM SCUM SCUM! Lurking at the beginning, then saying "oh...well...I just don't know what to post..." Ha! Pure trickery! Nik, who are your scum partners?  :P

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2014, 12:16:52 pm »

Vote Count 1.7:

mcmcsalot (3): shraeye, Nik, Delirious Deleuze
Ichimaru Gin (2): faust, A Drowned Kernel
shraeye (1): mcmcsalot
faust (1): Voltaire

Not Voting (2): Ichimaru Gin, Witherweaver

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 12:00 p.m. on April 1, 2014.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 29, 2014, 12:22:32 pm »

Rethinking about Ichimaru, I'm going to Unvote. Vote: Ichimaru Gin

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2014, 12:37:46 pm »

I still like my vote on Ichimaru. His case on DeDe was constructed, and now he brings up a conspiracy theory. I find it quite unlikely that mcmc and shraeye are scum together, and even if they are, I wouldn't think they staged this fight.

Why does that make him scummy? Town is paranoid everyone is scum. I see nothing suspicious about him seeing the fight as scum v scum. In fact, it gave me a town read on him.

I do think you're scummy faust - nice try. I think you're doing a good job of not getting a terrible amount of pressure while still being present on D1, a classic scum position.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 29, 2014, 12:40:43 pm »

Rethinking about Ichimaru, I'm going to Unvote. Vote: Ichimaru Gin

Why? Why is he scum?

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 29, 2014, 12:43:45 pm »

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 29, 2014, 12:47:19 pm »

I think the conspiracy theory is a stretch, but I don't think it's a scummy stretch. 

Post counts are things that people really like to analyze for some reason.  Voltaire likes them, yuma likes them.  I hate them.  I find them terribly useless.  But it's a bad idea to think that somebody is scummy just because they use them (but maybe you and I can form a club that calls all those people misguided; even if they say that we're the misguided ones...it'll be great fun...raerae's in our club, and she's hella tight).

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 29, 2014, 12:47:26 pm »

Shraeye seemed towny to me before the fight, but his "trap" moves him into suspicious territory. mc seems a little scummy but mc always seems a little scummy, both my experiences playing with him I was certain he was scum and he ended up being town so I'm hesitant to vote for him. But I shouldn't be relying on meta knowledge, especially in a newbie game.

This is suspicious.  I have no "trap" set up.  mcmc did crazy stuff, I called him out.  then he did CRAZIER stuff.  And it just got worse from there. 

You're words on mcmc are the most waffling non-committal words of any commenter.  This is the way yuma came out as raerae's partner in Adventure Time mafia (a recent game that town won).  That position is very indicative of scum partner.  If mcmc flips scum, town should most definitely remember this interaction.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 29, 2014, 12:56:38 pm »

Why are those things scummy?

I see one as townie, one as null.

Conspiracy theories: town is paranoid. They hate being fooled. They think everyone is scum.
Post count: How in the world is this scummy? It's a well-established tool used by many (including me) to scumhunt. It's prone to manipulation, just like everything else, but caring about post count is a big fat null.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 29, 2014, 12:57:55 pm »

If mcmc flips scum, town should most definitely remember this interaction.

If we were to lynch either mcmc or ADK today, I would much rather lynch ADK.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 29, 2014, 12:58:34 pm »

Shraeye seemed towny to me before the fight, but his "trap" moves him into suspicious territory. mc seems a little scummy but mc always seems a little scummy, both my experiences playing with him I was certain he was scum and he ended up being town so I'm hesitant to vote for him. But I shouldn't be relying on meta knowledge, especially in a newbie game.

This is suspicious.  I have no "trap" set up.  mcmc did crazy stuff, I called him out.  then he did CRAZIER stuff.  And it just got worse from there. 

You're words on mcmc are the most waffling non-committal words of any commenter.  This is the way yuma came out as raerae's partner in Adventure Time mafia (a recent game that town won).  That position is very indicative of scum partner.  If mcmc flips scum, town should most definitely remember this interaction.

Aren't his words on you equally noncommittal?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 29, 2014, 01:06:34 pm »

I hadn't consdered that, Wither.  But now that I look at it, his words on me do commit.  I was towny before my stuff with mcmc.  But now he thinks I'm suspicious due to my case on mcmc.

People should look deeply at that...is my case on mcmc suspicious??  This rings more alarm bells for me; perhaps he's finding me scummy now because I'm looking eagerly at his partner.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 29, 2014, 01:09:44 pm »

Do you really think you have the scum team D1, shraeye?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2014, 01:11:58 pm »

Yeah it's possible I did; why not?  Do you think it's a better idea not to consider possible partners?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2014, 01:13:43 pm »

I hadn't consdered that, Wither.  But now that I look at it, his words on me do commit.  I was towny before my stuff with mcmc.  But now he thinks I'm suspicious due to my case on mcmc.

People should look deeply at that...is my case on mcmc suspicious??  This rings more alarm bells for me; perhaps he's finding me scummy now because I'm looking eagerly at his partner.

To me he seems to have voiced simultaneous suspicion of both you and mcmc.  But he doesn't buy the conspiracy so he only thinks one is scum.  This could be him hedging as scum so that if one turns out to be he can claim this as a defense.  On the other hand, it could easily be what he actually thinks.  I know my inclination when two people go at it like this is that one is guilty, but I don't know which one. 

But I don't entirely understand his post.  ADK:  what did you mean by "trap"?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2014, 01:24:52 pm »

Why not I do what witherweaver did? (I still don't really know what to post... :()

Witherweaver-Town
ADK-Null
Shraeye-null
Faust-Possibly scum
Voltaire-Null
Nik-SCUM SCUM SCUM! Lurking at the beginning, then saying "oh...well...I just don't know what to post..." Ha! Pure trickery! Nik, who are your scum partners?  :P

Hello conf!town, no way scum jokes about themselves like that.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2014, 01:26:58 pm »

Shraeye recent attack on Adk still feels to me like he's trying to force lynches and make as many people look scummy as he can as opposed to lookin at interactions a simply trying to figure out if players are scummy or towny.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2014, 01:29:59 pm »

Witherweaver-Town
ADK-Null
Shraeye-null
Faust-Possibly scum
Voltaire-Null

Hello conf!town, no way scum jokes about themselves like that.

Man, I wouldn't have thought to suspect Nik's joke until you posted this.  If this were true then it would be a great defense for scum, so it wouldn't be true. 

It almost makes me think you said this as an extremely subtle way to get people to suspect Nik.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.