Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38  All

Author Topic: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Game Over : Mafia Wins !)  (Read 101439 times)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2014, 02:19:08 pm »

Why did you Unvote?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2014, 02:21:31 pm »

I find shraeye scummy because I think he asked me to answer a question and then respond with "oh look how scummy mcmc is being" I don't think he really talked about why my response was scummy. I also think he is being overly difficult and uncharacteristicly abrasive. I think he has seen how easy of a mislynch I am and is trying to push it through. I genuinely don't see how posting my reads and thought on him are "phoney-baloney"(direct quote...) and how that makes me scum. There is a chance shraeye is town and I am just the worst player ever and should shut my mouth and stop giving reads because they make no sense and I'm confusing, but I junk more likely shraeye is scum was quiet during the beginning of the day an waited till I started giving some reads and posting some thoughts, once he found something he could jump on and make sound scummy(my read on him and unvote) he went after me hard.

Why are you such an easy mislynch?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2014, 02:31:49 pm »

Why did you Unvote?

Is this at me? If so it's because I have said. I my original vote on shraeye was largely based on his reactivity rather than activity and I felt he was using that(the ability to react to older posts) to paint people as scummy. Another large part of my part of my vote was that I though shraeye was disagreeing with me that nolynch is a bad thing to me. He then clarified by saying he simply disagreed that it is always a bad choice, and he started to post(I felt like) on more current things and was being more active than reactive.  All the led to me unvoting.

Shraeye then put pressure on me for that which I find him scummy. I feel as though shraeye is taking everything is say as scummy no matter what, he disagreed/questioned my no lynch policy(which is correct ask any other vet) he jumped on me after asking me to answer a question in a way that seemed as though there was no answer I could have given where he wasn't going to jump on me(we have recently seen another mafia player do this and get caught) he has since argued that my explanations for why I voted and unvoted him are wrong(they are my reasons maybe the time stamps of posts don't agree but it's how I felt) so this is why I find him very argumentative and trying to paint me scummy no matter what I do.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2014, 02:36:41 pm »

Why are you such an easy mislynch?

That isn't even something I should have said, it's a null argument but if you ask other vets they would say I am a relatively easy mislynch. I am not historically the most helpful(correct) town player so no one has a reluctance to vote for me and I am not known for "getting off" once a wagon forms on me like some people. But again I was frustrated and I shouldn't have even said it because it really doesn't mean anything and it's a defense scum could use just as easily as town.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2014, 04:20:09 pm »

Unvote. Vote: mcmcsalot
I have previously stated that Shraeye was suspicious, and I still think he is, but I'm getting a scum read on mcmcsalot. He's being very argumentative and keeps attacking Shraeye, and not very politely, either.
And about DD; I'm getting a null read on him now. I made the same mistake as he did, and it makes sense for a newb not to know what to post.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2014, 04:33:59 pm »

Vote count?

I am still doing a reread, and I think I'll do a post count as well.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2014, 04:35:49 pm »

Vote Count 1.6:

shraeye (2): Witherweaver, mcmcsalot
mcmcsalot (2): shraeye, Nik
Witherweaver (1): Delirious Deleuze
Ichimaru Gin (1): faust

Not Voting (3): A Drowned Kernel, Ichimaru Gin, Voltaire

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 12:00 p.m. on April 1, 2014.

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »

Ichimaru's Day 1 post count
Post Count (not including pre-game posts)

1. Nik: 6
2. Witherweaver: 16
3. Delerious Deleuze: 10
4. Ichimaru Gin: 26
5. A Drowned Kernel: 20
6. Mcmcsalot: 25
7. Shraeye: 23
8. faust: 18
9. Voltaire: 24

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2014, 04:53:59 pm »

Post Count

Give N$300 to Ichimaru Gin wait, what?

I can't get anything from shareye/mcmc at the moment because they're each following their metas (shraeye is being aggressive and argumentative and abrasive, mcmc is being slightly confusing and earnest). So null on their argument.

Looking at that post count, I want to take myself (because I'm me) out of my lynch pool, Nik out (what should I say? post, also, lowest poster [someone I usually eliminate on D1]), IG (highest poster), and then I'm tempted to sidestep shraeye/mcmc entirely for now, so I think I am happy with a

vote: faust

Reason? Mostly in the background, but not lurking (I am not accusing of actilurking), very little pressure so far, etc. Scum rarely is overtly scummy D1.

There are many other people I'd vote for right now. I'm hesitant to leave hard-core lurkers alive like I normally do because that leads to town losses if those people are indeed town because they stop following closely/are less likely to do crucial re-reads, so eh.

Speaking of which, I'll re-read this thread soon.

FYI, the weekend is usually slow, so everyone be ready to go Monday with the soft deadline and all.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »

Post Count

Give N$300 to Ichimaru Gin wait, what?

I noticed the redundancy right after I posted ;)

N$300?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2014, 04:58:51 pm »

Also. No idea why there's a wink face on my last post. The forum is loading really slowly for me right now, like a full 20 seconds before whatever I post goes through.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2014, 04:59:25 pm »

Why did you Unvote?

Is this at me? If so it's because I have said. I my original vote on shraeye was largely based on his reactivity rather than activity and I felt he was using that(the ability to react to older posts) to paint people as scummy. Another large part of my part of my vote was that I though shraeye was disagreeing with me that nolynch is a bad thing to me. He then clarified by saying he simply disagreed that it is always a bad choice, and he started to post(I felt like) on more current things and was being more active than reactive.  All the led to me unvoting.

Shraeye then put pressure on me for that which I find him scummy. I feel as though shraeye is taking everything is say as scummy no matter what, he disagreed/questioned my no lynch policy(which is correct ask any other vet) he jumped on me after asking me to answer a question in a way that seemed as though there was no answer I could have given where he wasn't going to jump on me(we have recently seen another mafia player do this and get caught) he has since argued that my explanations for why I voted and unvoted him are wrong(they are my reasons maybe the time stamps of posts don't agree but it's how I felt) so this is why I find him very argumentative and trying to paint me scummy no matter what I do.

He was responding to everyone, not just you. His posts were pretty all encompassing until you starting freaking out and acting very defensive. It's enough for a vote from me for now.

Unvote.

Vote:MCMC

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »

Also. No idea why there's a wink face on my last post. The forum is loading really slowly for me right now, like a full 20 seconds before whatever I post goes through.

Miswink.  Obvious scum tell.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2014, 05:00:37 pm »

;)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2014, 05:03:37 pm »

On a more serious note, does anyone find the argument between Shraeye and mcmc slightly contrived?

What are the odds that this is a scum ploy (we are looking for a 2 man team after all)?

Of course, I really don't know anything about either of their metas, but it still seems a little over-blown to me.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2014, 05:06:30 pm »

;)

He's laughing at us. SWITCH VOTES TO THIS SKUM! He even said he has a scum partner.

PPE: that's an interesting theory, gin. It's worth rereading. It really does seem over blown, but then again, I don't think shraeye is engaging it to much. The big dust seems to be flying from MCMC. But that could be planned. I don't know. It's worth following. I just don't know if it'd be in there interest to try to possibly get one of them lynched just to lull us into thinking one is a townie.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2014, 05:07:39 pm »

On a more serious note, does anyone find the argument between Shraeye and mcmc slightly contrived?

What are the odds that this is a scum ploy (we are looking for a 2 man team after all)?

Of course, I really don't know anything about either of their metas, but it still seems a little over-blown to me.

What would be the upshot for them?  That we lynch one of them today and don't suspect the other?  Seems kind of dangerous given that there are only two scum. (We know for certain that's the case?  And no third parties?)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2014, 05:12:57 pm »

What would be the upshot for them?  That we lynch one of them today and don't suspect the other?  Seems kind of dangerous given that there are only two scum. (We know for certain that's the case?  And no third parties?)

This is what I thought. Seems too risky of a move.

Day 2 would start with 6 town, one scum. If there was a mislynch, Day 3 would be 4 town 1 scum. A ML would leave day 4 still 2 town one scum. Doesn't seem worth it.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »

;)

He's laughing at us. SWITCH VOTES TO THIS SKUM! He even said he has a scum partner.

PPE: that's an interesting theory, gin. It's worth rereading. It really does seem over blown, but then again, I don't think shraeye is engaging it to much. The big dust seems to be flying from MCMC. But that could be planned. I don't know. It's worth following. I just don't know if it'd be in there interest to try to possibly get one of them lynched just to lull us into thinking one is a townie.

I agree it's pretty risky. But I also think it's important to look at all the possibilities. Scum can thrive on the "they would never do x because it's too risky" mentality. Also, (just a theory) scum may be slightly more bold during a newbie game--especially if they're both vets. And what if we lynch neither mcmc or Shraeye today, but one of them later on (I think this is quite possible). With an interaction this heated this early in the game, the surviving member could easily refer back to this.

Of the two though, I think mcmc comes out looking scummier.

PPE: I agree that is certainly not worth it providing we actually lynch one of the two today. If we don't though, this could set up one of them as a pseudo-IC on a later day.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2014, 05:15:18 pm »

This is what I thought. Seems too risky of a move.

Day 2 would start with 6 town, one scum. If there was a mislynch, Day 3 would be 4 town 1 scum. A ML would leave day 4 still 2 town one scum. Doesn't seem worth it.

And Cop can investigate the survivor on Night 2 and claim on Day 3.  Pretty much guaranteed town win unless they happen to kill the cop on Night 1 or Night 2.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2014, 05:23:22 pm »

And Cop can investigate the survivor on Night 2 and claim on Day 3.  Pretty much guaranteed town win unless they happen to kill the cop on Night 1 or Night 2.

That's true--and a pretty powerful deterrent. Who knows who the cop will investigate though. If they agree with this suspicion (which scum may not have anticipated being brought to light this early), then it would ruin scum's plans--but what if they have a personal suspicion of someone else?

Again, just trying to make sure we consider all possibilities--although this one is looking less likely, I think we shouldn't rule it out. It is interesting analyzing a two man scum vs. a three man scum team (which shows up more often I think). As it seems both simpler (in that we are only looking for the interactions between 2 different people instead of 3), but also harder because there are less people involved and less total interactions or patterns to go off of. Of course, alignment will determine everything, and with a game this small I think once we hit one scum, we should be in pretty good shape.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2014, 05:44:48 pm »

The idea of shraeye and mc's fight being staged treads into "conspiracy theory" ground for me, I think scum wants town to believe that scum uses pre-planned interactions like that when the simpler explanation, that one of them is scum trying to get the other mislynched (or they're both town and simply mistaken about the other) is more likely to be correct. If DeDe wasn't a newbie I'd consider him scummy for bringing it up.

Then again, he seems on the ball enough that maybe I shouldn't be giving him a newbie pass. Vote: Delirious Deleuze

Also as a note to newbies, you don't need to unvote before changing your vote, if you just type "vote: whoever" your old vote will be cancelled.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2014, 05:49:02 pm »

The idea of shraeye and mc's fight being staged treads into "conspiracy theory" ground for me, I think scum wants town to believe that scum uses pre-planned interactions like that when the simpler explanation, that one of them is scum trying to get the other mislynched (or they're both town and simply mistaken about the other) is more likely to be correct. If DeDe wasn't a newbie I'd consider him scummy for bringing it up.

Then again, he seems on the ball enough that maybe I shouldn't be giving him a newbie pass. Vote: Delirious Deleuze

Also as a note to newbies, you don't need to unvote before changing your vote, if you just type "vote: whoever" your old vote will be cancelled.

Ichi brought it up, not DeDe.  DeDe sounded a little doubtful of it.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:28 pm »

Actually, I think I was the one who first brought up the "conspiracy theory". I must say though, from my limited experience as scum, I know for sure that my scumbuddies definitely brought up ideas for "staged interactions". Although not anything as radical as this, I think that we should consider the possibility. I still get a generally insincere feeling from their fight, so it just makes me a little suspicious.

PPE: 1

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2014, 05:53:11 pm »

Also, I gotta give props to ww and dd. They both seem much more on top of things and putting out some good ideas--and challenging ones as well. (it's really nice when a lot of discussion happens other then when I'm asleep)
Although this also means that they will probably be judged a little more harshly too.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.