Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]  All

Author Topic: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Game Over : Mafia Wins !)  (Read 101801 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Game Over : Mafia Wins !)
« Reply #925 on: April 10, 2014, 01:29:57 pm »

Any advice/suggestions/comments for me?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 10, 2014, 01:33:23 pm »

Um see my previous post about you being amazing and proving you were town to me? You played brilliantly and I agree with Teproc that you would have been MVP had we won. This is why: despite the fact you were a VT, and couldn't claim a PR to prove you were town, you posted so much, and laid out so much reasoning, and had so many reactions and interactions to re-read, I became convinced you were town. That's what allowed me to create the Volt "trifecta" in the first place - by eliminating you and Nik (who didn't play that well (not bad though!) but my one special skill is the ability to tell the difference between new misguided town and new scum (sometimes, fairly often)).

Seriously though, just keep doing what you're doing. You'll have to learn to play as a PR (that can be different sometimes) and as scum eventually, but you nailed it this game.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 10, 2014, 01:39:39 pm »

Um see my previous post about you being amazing and proving you were town to me? You played brilliantly and I agree with Teproc that you would have been MVP had we won. This is why: despite the fact you were a VT, and couldn't claim a PR to prove you were town, you posted so much, and laid out so much reasoning, and had so many reactions and interactions to re-read, I became convinced you were town. That's what allowed me to create the Volt "trifecta" in the first place - by eliminating you and Nik (who didn't play that well (not bad though!) but my one special skill is the ability to tell the difference between new misguided town and new scum (sometimes, fairly often)).

Seriously though, just keep doing what you're doing. You'll have to learn to play as a PR (that can be different sometimes) and as scum eventually, but you nailed it this game.

Okay, thanks!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 10, 2014, 02:14:06 pm »

Also, just a PSA.

Lying as town is a radical move.  It is frequently wrong.  I gambled hardcore here, and after much deliberation to try it.  I did not succeed.  A mafia-meta-game-state in which people made those gambles on the regular would be chaos.  Utter chaos.  There are very good players who will as a firm policy always vote for people who lie, regardless of the circumstances, for this very reason.

Do not take away from this game the idea that such actions are reasonable.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 10, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

And I would like to say that, since lying as town is a horrible move 99% of the time, I long to witness/participate in situations where it's that 1% of the time when it is amazing. Unfortunately, 1% is really rare.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 10, 2014, 03:13:38 pm »

I was actually convinced that this was the 1%. I came into day 3 fairly certain that shraeye was going to beat us.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 10, 2014, 03:54:03 pm »

Also, just a PSA.

Lying as town is a radical move.  It is frequently wrong.  I gambled hardcore here, and after much deliberation to try it.  I did not succeed.  A mafia-meta-game-state in which people made those gambles on the regular would be chaos.  Utter chaos.  There are very good players who will as a firm policy always vote for people who lie, regardless of the circumstances, for this very reason.

Do not take away from this game the idea that such actions are reasonable.

+1
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 12, 2014, 05:55:37 am »

Oh, you're already in :D Good. Then I have no further advice, except maybe try RMM15 if you want something a bit more crazy.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 21, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »

And. I know this is really late.  ;D

But I just realized that as the doc I protected Shraeye (the cop) the one night I could--without even knowing it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 19, 2014, 05:33:28 pm »

BTW... I am now officially addicted to this show! Not quite binge watching... but getting pretty close.

It is really well done. I love the asides from Frank. w/o those the show would fall incredibly flat, but the breaking of the third wall and the introspective narrative and especially the tone he takes with the audience makes the show what it is, especially when he does it in a crowd of people or in the middle of an intimate meeting. One episode I am hoping we get an aside from Claire...

Thanks for introducing this to me!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.