Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Alibenballa  (Read 4214 times)

pg

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
Alibenballa
« on: March 12, 2014, 08:54:48 pm »
+1

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before and I missed it, but has anyone else noticed something, erm, odd about the game history of Alibenballa (consistently in top 3 on Goko rankings)?

Log search

It's not even particularly subtle, just many consecutive games with a parade of guests.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: Alibenballa
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:35:37 am »
+16

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before and I missed it, but has anyone else noticed something, erm, odd about the game history of Alibenballa (consistently in top 3 on Goko rankings)?

Log search

It's not even particularly subtle, just many consecutive games with a parade of guests.

There's been quite a parade of cheats on the Goko leaderboard.  Goko rarely bothers to do anything.  The Goko rating algorithm is rather broken anyway.

Most people here Isotropish more seriously, and it doesn't fall for the various gimmicks (mostly games against guests) that cheaters have used to top the Goko board.  The next release of Goko Salvager will probably entirely replace the Goko ratings with Isotropish ratings.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 07:34:42 am »
+1

Log search

There's been quite a parade of cheats on the Goko leaderboard.  Goko rarely bothers to do anything.  The Goko rating algorithm is rather broken anyway.

Most people here Isotropish more seriously, and it doesn't fall for the various gimmicks (mostly games against guests) that cheaters have used to top the Goko board.  The next release of Goko Salvager will probably entirely replace the Goko ratings with Isotropish ratings.
Their rating system is rather broken? Based on what? (I mean, it isn't good but...)

I'm pretty sure isotropish is quite a bit too sluggish.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 08:09:50 am »

The next release of Goko Salvager will probably entirely replace the Goko ratings with Isotropish ratings.
Looking forward to this, does this mean that it also uses the Isotropish level for the title parameters/automatch?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:59 am »

The next release of Goko Salvager will probably entirely replace the Goko ratings with Isotropish ratings.
Looking forward to this, does this mean that it also uses the Isotropish level for the title parameters/automatch?
Isotropish parameters in title are problematic because of people without extension. Autokick for certain level is brutal when no-extension users don't know their level.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 12:10:48 pm »

Isotropish parameters in title are problematic because of people without extension. Autokick for certain level is brutal when no-extension users don't know their level.

Sorry for making unilateral announcements, yed.  Now that the full-time WS connection is working, I was planning to implement the option to show and sort by Isotropish ratings instead of Goko's pro ratings.  Also to replace their leaderboard display.

I'd personally value autokick by Isotropish level, but I share your concern as well.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 05:56:31 pm »
+3

Or, it could raise more awareness for the extension since players will wonder what level 30+ means.

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: serakfalcon
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 05:54:38 am »
+1

Sorry for making unilateral announcements, yed.  Now that the full-time WS connection is working, I was planning to implement the option to show and sort by Isotropish ratings instead of Goko's pro ratings.  Also to replace their leaderboard display.

I'd personally value autokick by Isotropish level, but I share your concern as well.

Another issue is if we change our names. The goko rating will stay but Isotropish will reset to zero unless there's been some clever coding I'm not aware of...

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 06:24:50 am »

Another issue is if we change our names. The goko rating will stay but Isotropish will reset to zero unless there's been some clever coding I'm not aware of...

Yeah, I'll have to deal with this eventually.  Isotropish should really be using playerId instead of username, as should automatch and everything else.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3228
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 08:05:11 pm »

something i don't get is: why doesn't he cheat himself up to #1? if he does it for fame, why be satisfied with #3? it can't be that much more work

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 10:31:58 pm »
+11

something i don't get is: why doesn't he cheat himself up to #1? if he does it for fame, why be satisfied with #3? it can't be that much more work

Stef - so good you can't even cheat your way past him on the leaderboard
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.