Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lost GM split 7-3 but eked out win with Farmland  (Read 1202 times)

qdread

• Thief
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Lost GM split 7-3 but eked out win with Farmland
« on: March 11, 2014, 01:46:57 pm »

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20140306/log.512f4c81e4b08cb66ebe711c.1394167094061.txt

Code: [Select]
Fortune Teller, Hermit, Masquerade, Sage, Tunnel, Advisor, Herald, Island, Farmland, Grand Market
I must admit I was pretty happy I could pull out a win here. I think Herald-Masquerade is a decent opening but maybe I should have bought a Silver instead of Herald to try to get more GMs earlier in the game. I think my opponent was fairly lucky to pick up 7 GMs by turn 12 especially without heavy trashing but I was able to use Farmland in textbook style, gaining a Herald on the first Farmland buy, then a Grand Market, then two Provinces on the final $12 turn.

So was it just luck or did I play this one correctly?

qdread

• Thief
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Re: Lost GM split 7-3 but eked out win with Farmland
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 01:47:43 pm »

Oops, I meant to post this in Game Reports! So sorry, please move if possible.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +353
    • View Profile
Re: Lost GM split 7-3 but eked out win with Farmland
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 05:42:06 pm »

Opening herald looks weak here as it acts as village until endgame, I would wait with purchase. When you are going with heralds a double masquerade, masquerade/hermit or masquerade/sage are better as you trash faster and have better economy, thats why opponent could quickly afford gold.

Also opponents hermit->madman likely results in gold which speaks for hermit

Also sage looks good in this board as it equals gold or grand-market.

First farmland looks bit dubious, probably overpaying herald by 2 would be better but it depends what was in discard pile.

A last opponents turn is a ppr land, as both of you are capable of double province a better could be buy province+duchy and do double province next turn, which depends how consistent you could do that.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.