Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A game where I don't gain Rebuild but end up using it  (Read 1187 times)

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
A game where I don't gain Rebuild but end up using it
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:41:38 pm »

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20140303/log.50893139a2e67cff211cd7e5.1393885621707.txt

Code: [Select]
Black Market, Fishing Village, Alchemist, Horse Traders, Militia, Scout, Young Witch, Butcher, Ghost Ship, Rebuild, Possession
Black Market was the bane.

Seeing Alchemist and Possession, I decided to not go for Rebuild. I opened Black Market/Potion (BM mostly in case he goes for YW), he went for Horse Traders/Black Market into Rebuilds. I got some Alchemists, a Gold, a Counterfeit from Black Market deck, got my Possession turn 7. He already had two Rebuilds and had some rebuilding done. Straight after my Possession buy he got Butcher. When I possessed him for the first time, I saw a hand containing Rebuild, Butcher, Province (2 Provinces for me). A bit later I got a good hand and managed to counterfeit my Potion to buy 3rd Alchemist and 2nd Possession, preparing to end the game quickly. I possessed him two more times, first seeing 2 Rebuilds, then unfortunately just Butcher with Duchy. But still I managed to get 28 points in total out of those three turns, enough to win the game.

I feel I was definitely lucky, both with early Possession and during the possessed turns. Do you think I was likely to win this game?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:43:16 pm by hsiale »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
Re: A game where I don't gain Rebuild but end up using it
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 01:22:56 pm »

Honestly, I think you just go rebuild here. There's not really a good enabler for Possession, and no good trashing, I doubt it'll be fast enough. He made a big mistake by going butcher though, it's questionable to begin with, and devastating if you get possessed.

So, no, I think you just got lucky

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: A game where I don't gain Rebuild but end up using it
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 03:11:37 pm »

He made a big mistake by going butcher though, it's questionable to begin with, and devastating if you get possessed.

Yeah, butcher when went potion is huge mistake.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.