Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18  All

Author Topic: What Card Am I?  (Read 123808 times)

BraveBear

• Bishop
  • Respect: +97
    • View Profile
Re: What Card Am I?
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2014, 11:58:48 am »

Here's another

I get better and better as the game goes on

Only if you buy a certain card

Throw me away isn't an easy decision

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2014, 12:03:20 pm »

HoP

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2014, 12:09:19 pm »
+1

Here's another

Feodum
Well you *do* need a signature...

dominator 123

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dominator 123
  • Notice the space
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2014, 04:20:08 am »

Here's another

City?
Edit: changed answer, see below
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:07:33 am by dominator 123 »
"Strictly Better" compares only effects and not cost, change my mind

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2014, 04:41:55 am »

Here's another

Fool's Gold?

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2014, 04:54:40 am »

Here's another

Hermit? It gets worse and worse as the game goes on, unless you buy Market Squares.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

dominator 123

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dominator 123
  • Notice the space
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2014, 06:09:08 am »

Here's another

Feodum. It gets better (more vp), only if you buy Silver, and Trashing it can be a hard decision at times.
Edit: whoops, this has already been posted. Sorry for having you chase my posts! Nevertheless, he didn't provide explanation ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:24:31 am by dominator 123 »
"Strictly Better" compares only effects and not cost, change my mind

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 06, 2014, 11:43:58 am »

Okay you guys are good.  Or my riddles are easy.  I'm thinking its the former  :)

Here's another one because I am bored at work.

Market Square is my nemesis

I hope potion is on the board

Estate. fml

Swindler

Not saying first and last don't match, i'm pretty sure you got it - but aren't Potions often bad for Swindler? If you trash a Potion card with it, you won't be able to chose something else for it and give the hit person the same card again. Unless they run out, of course.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2014, 12:00:40 pm »
+1

Okay you guys are good.  Or my riddles are easy.  I'm thinking its the former  :)

Estate. fml

Swindler

Not saying first and last don't match, i'm pretty sure you got it - but aren't Potions often bad for Swindler? If you trash a Potion card with it, you won't be able to chose something else for it and give the hit person the same card again. Unless they run out, of course.

hitting potion cards with swindler is often not bad, because you effectively discard it. hitting a 4$ and giving him a potion for it is often knight+witch, which is huge. and hitting a potion card after the pile is empty is huge too.

so, all in all, potion makes swindler stronger on average, no doubt.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2014, 12:03:23 pm »

Estate. fml

Swindler

Turning $4s into Potions is pretty good.

EDIT: Getting Sarnath'd isn't.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 07, 2014, 05:48:12 am »

Allright:

When you play me, you have one card less in your hand. You have an unchanged number in your deck.
When you play me, you have one card less in your hand. Or the same number. You have an unchanged number in your deck. Or one more. Or one less.
When you play me, you have one card less in your hand. And one less in your deck.
When you play me, you have one card less in your hand. Or the same number. Or more. You have an unchanged number in your deck. Or one less. Or less.
None of us is a movie with Tom Hanks without the article.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2014, 06:06:49 am »

Allright:

When you play me, you have one card less in your hand. You have an unchanged number in your deck.
When you play me, you have one card less in your hand. Or the same number. You have an unchanged number in your deck. Or one more. Or one less.
When you play me, you have one card less in your hand. And one less in your deck.
When you play me, you have one card less in your hand. Or the same number. Or more. You have an unchanged number in your deck. Or one less. Or less.

It is not clear whether "deck" means "draw deck" or "all cards collection".

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 07, 2014, 08:49:06 am »

Allright:

Per soulnet's question, I am assuming you mean draw deck, and there must be sufficient cards to prevent a shuffle.
I came up with multiple answers for all but one, so that might mean I got it wrong.

Candlestick Maker, Lighthouse, Ruined Village, Necropolis, Dame Anna, University
Tournament
Haven, Oasis
Scout, Crossroads

Edit: removed Upgrade/Junk Dealer from the third answer because of on trash effects.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:14:24 am by Deadlock39 »

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2014, 04:35:20 pm »

Allright:

Per soulnet's question, I am assuming you mean draw deck, and there must be sufficient cards to prevent a shuffle.
I came up with multiple answers for all but one, so that might mean I got it wrong.

Candlestick Maker, Lighthouse, Ruined Village, Necropolis, Dame Anna, University
Tournament
Haven, Oasis
Scout, Crossroads

Edit: removed Upgrade/Junk Dealer from the third answer because of on trash effects.

You got it right. It wasn't restricted to one correct answer per card. Though i didn't think of Dame Anna.

Also, deck meant "All cards collection". Umm... That was part of the riddle, of course.  :P

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 07, 2014, 05:31:33 pm »

The first question has a very large number of answers. Fishing Village, Squire, Dame Molly, etc.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2014, 07:14:31 am »

The first question has a very large number of answers. Fishing Village, Squire, Dame Molly, etc.

You are right, that's too easy.
The one i actually thought of did neither produce money or nor was it a Village (in name or action).

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2014, 12:01:00 pm »

You are right, that's too easy.
The one i actually thought of did neither produce money or nor was it a Village (in name or action).

Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Royal Seal, Quarry and a lot of other Treasure cards also fit question 1.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2014, 08:41:58 am »
+1

(1) I usually make Upgrades a lot worse.  What am I?

(2) Having all 10 of me in your hand at once will give you, guaranteed, at least $55 in coins.  What am I?

(3) I can require a potion to be in supply, even though there are no cards with potions in their cost in the supply.  What am I?

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2014, 08:48:02 am »

A discard Attack? Poor House?

(2) Having all 10 of me in your hand at once will give you, guaranteed, at least $55 in coins.  What am I?

Bank

(3) I can require a potion to be in supply, even though there are no cards with potions in their cost in the supply.  What am I?

Black Market

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #269 on: December 16, 2014, 08:50:16 am »
+3

Swindler. Usually makes them Duchies.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #270 on: December 16, 2014, 08:56:42 am »

A discard Attack? Poor House?

Bank

Black Market

Correct!  I guess there are other cards that make Upgrades worse (Swindler, Golem?, Possession?, etc.), but I was thinking Poor House.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #271 on: December 23, 2014, 11:50:34 am »

(1) You have enough coins to buy a Colony, you have a potion in play, >= 1 buy, and no coppers in play.  I am in the supply, but you cannot buy me.  What card am I?

(2) You process me with Procession, to play me twice.  There are no reaction cards played this turn, or other on-trash effects (so no Fortress), or anything else in play.  Basically, you have no other action cards in your hand after you play me the 2 times, and there are no weird shenanigans going on (Possession, etc.).  You gain your other action card from the Procession.  But you don't trash me, and at the end of the game, I'm still in your deck.  What card am I?  (Hint: this may be a Goko-bug -- not sure what is actually supposed to happen here.)

(3) You Thrown Room/King's Court me, you don't trash me, but you cannot actually play me more than once this turn (unless you have another one of me -- you could play that one).  What card am I?

--> As always, there are probably multiple possible answers for each of these.  I did my best to limit the possibilities to 1 card each :)

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2014, 12:05:33 pm »

(1) You have enough coins to buy a Colony, you have a potion in play, >= 1 buy, and no coppers in play.  I am in the supply, but you cannot buy me.  What card am I?

(2) You process me with Procession, to play me twice.  There are no reaction cards played this turn, or other on-trash effects (so no Fortress), or anything else in play.  Basically, you have no other action cards in your hand after you play me the 2 times, and there are no weird shenanigans going on (Possession, etc.).  You gain your other action card from the Procession.  But you don't trash me, and at the end of the game, I'm still in your deck.  What card am I?  (Hint: this may be a Goko-bug -- not sure what is actually supposed to happen here.)

(3) You Thrown Room/King's Court me, you don't trash me, but you cannot actually play me more than once this turn (unless you have another one of me -- you could play that one).  What card am I?

--> As always, there are probably multiple possible answers for each of these.  I did my best to limit the possibilities to 1 card each :)
Have no idea on 1 or 2, haven't seen all the cards, but for 3 I would guess

Fool's Gold?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2014, 12:17:52 pm »
+5

Bomb. You don't have a Gunpowder.

Rubby

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +324
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 23, 2014, 12:18:34 pm »
+1

1) You could be either a Knight or a Ruin.

2) I'm guessing Goko bug.

3) I may be missing something, but I don't think there is any action card that can't be played more than once. There are plenty of cards where the second play would have no effect (e.g. Watchtower, Prince, Outpost, Tactician).

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:23:57 pm by Rubby »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.