Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18  All

Author Topic: What Card Am I?  (Read 124002 times)

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
Re: What Card Am I?
« Reply #375 on: December 17, 2015, 10:44:25 pm »

I am an Action card.  I am in your hand.  I am NOT a Reaction card.  I do, however, reveal myself when you play a different Action card, and then something happens to me (the "something happens to me" part is to rule out things like Shanty Town and Menagerie).  That is, I am an Action card that is "triggered" by something else, even though I am not a Reaction card.  I think that's weird, which is why I'm making a puzzle out of it.  Maybe this card should really be a Reaction card, not sure.  And is there more than 1 answer?  (I can only think of 1 answer.)

You have Possessed another player. You play their Bureaucrat, which top-decks your Nobles/Great Hall/Island/Distant Lands.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 17, 2015, 11:05:46 pm »

I am an Action card.  I am in your hand.  I am NOT a Reaction card.  I do, however, reveal myself when you play a different Action card, and then something happens to me (the "something happens to me" part is to rule out things like Shanty Town and Menagerie).  That is, I am an Action card that is "triggered" by something else, even though I am not a Reaction card.  I think that's weird, which is why I'm making a puzzle out of it.  Maybe this card should really be a Reaction card, not sure.  And is there more than 1 answer?  (I can only think of 1 answer.)

You have Possessed another player. You play their Bureaucrat, which top-decks your Nobles/Great Hall/Island/Distant Lands.

Technically your opponent played the Bureaucrat, but you made them play it.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #377 on: February 29, 2016, 02:24:02 pm »
+1

You have all 10 of me, and nothing else, in your deck.  Your opponent did not play a discard attack or anything, so you start your turn with a plain old 5-card hand.  You can gain 4 Provinces this turn.  What card am I?

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 29, 2016, 02:26:19 pm »

You have all 10 of me, and nothing else, in your deck.  Your opponent did not play a discard attack or anything, so you start your turn with a plain old 5-card hand.  You can gain 4 Provinces this turn.  What card am I?
Wine Merchant with +1Card and +1 Action tokens on it.  That would give you 5 Provinces though

EDIT:  Just realized that works for Bridge, Bridge Troll, and Highway could have the +1 Buy token on it etc.  So probably not what the question was going for
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:30:18 pm by gkrieg13 »

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #379 on: February 29, 2016, 02:30:30 pm »

Wine Merchant with +1Card and +1 Action tokens on it.  That would give you 5 Provinces though

EDIT:  Just realized that works for Bridge, Bridge Troll, and Highway could have the +1 Buy token on it.  So probably not what the question was going for

I have no tokens, coins, VP chips, or anything else in play.  Basically, all I have are the 10 cards and nothing else.

Oh, and EDIT: I think I can only gain 3 Provinces, not 4.

gkrieg13

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 29, 2016, 02:37:11 pm »
+2

EDIT:  Just realized that works for Bridge, Bridge Troll, and Highway could have the +1 Buy token on it.  So probably not what the question was going for

I have no tokens, coins, VP chips, or anything else in play.  Basically, all I have are the 10 cards and nothing else.

Oh, and EDIT: I think I can only gain 3 Provinces, not 4.

I can get 3 Provinces with 9 Governors.

teamrocketgrunt

• Thief
  • Respect: +175
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 29, 2016, 03:06:11 pm »

Kingdom is: Philstone, IGG, Royal Seal, Loan, Stash, Bank, Horn of Plenty, Forager and two other Cards.

11 Treasures are in the trash. You play three Foragers, giving you 4 buys and $33.

Having all 10 Foragers is irrelevant and a sneaky misdirect.
Join Team Rocket!

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 29, 2016, 03:13:23 pm »

I am Band of Misfits, and I can gain all 8 Provinces, 2 Colonies, and a Duchy.

TR TR TR TR Ranger TR Bridge Bridge Bridge Bridge gives 11 buys, $8, and a cost reduction of $8.

EDIT: Never mind, this doesn't work because the cost reduction messes with BOM, but you can do:

TR TR TR TR Ranger TR Bridge Bridge Death Cart Death Cart for 7 buys, $22, and a cost reduction of $4, which lets you buy 5 Provinces (and 2 Duchies).
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:00:35 pm by singletee »

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 29, 2016, 04:00:50 pm »

TR TR TR TR Ranger TR Bridge Bridge Bridge Bridge gives 11 buys, $8, and a cost reduction of $8.

EDIT: Never mind, this doesn't work because the cost reduction messes with BOM, but you can do:

TR TR TR TR Ranger TR Bridge Bridge DC DC for 7 buys, $22, and a cost reduction of $4, which lets you buy 5 Provinces.

I think you can empty the entire supply with 10 Band of Misfits. Play Band of Misfits as Procession, gain Hunting Grounds, trash Hunting Grounds to gain inheritance Estates that are secretly Procession, Procession Hunting Grounds to gain King's Court, Procession those to Catacombs to gain even more cards, gain some payload cards along the way as well. But I will leave it to someone else to figure that out.  :P

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 29, 2016, 04:26:58 pm »

TR TR TR TR Ranger TR Bridge Bridge DC DC for 7 buys, $22, and a cost reduction of $4, which lets you buy 5 Provinces.

I think you can empty the entire supply with 10 Band of Misfits. Play Band of Misfits as Procession, gain Hunting Grounds, trash Hunting Grounds to gain inheritance Estates that are secretly Procession, Procession Hunting Grounds to gain King's Court, Procession those to Catacombs to gain even more cards, gain some payload cards along the way as well. But I will leave it to someone else to figure that out.  :P
You can't gain inheritance

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #385 on: February 29, 2016, 04:53:45 pm »
+5

My solution was Governor. Forager also works, hadn't thought of that.

I don't think Band of Misfits should ever be an answer to a "What Card Am I" puzzle.

Limetime

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 29, 2016, 05:03:58 pm »
+1

I am sometimes a action
I sometimes can defend from attacks
I am never yellow
My card art is plain
I am rarely bought until the end of the game.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #387 on: February 29, 2016, 05:09:28 pm »

I am sometimes a action
I am never yellow
My card art is plain

Is it ____?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 29, 2016, 05:24:09 pm »
+4

I am sometimes a action
I am never yellow
My card art is plain
estate

Limetime

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 29, 2016, 05:43:27 pm »

I am sometimes a action
I am never yellow
My card art is plain
estate
Correct

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:59 am »
+3

I am Laboratory, but not Fugitive. I am Market, but not Peddler. I am Island, but not Estate.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:42:29 am by Asper »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #391 on: March 01, 2016, 10:44:04 am »
+9

I am Laboratory, but not Fugitive. I am Market, but not Peddler. I am Island, but not Estate.

1) Laboratory
2) Market
3) Island

Pretty easy.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 01, 2016, 11:14:59 am »

market square?

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 01, 2016, 11:16:19 am »

market square?

Nope.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2016, 12:12:50 pm »
+6

Band of Misfits

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2016, 12:25:42 pm »
+4

Band of Misfits

I was about to write about how this wasn't true, but then I remembered Ferry. BoM can imitate Lab or Market if the Ferry token is on that pile, but Peddler will never be cheaper than BoM, Fugitive is never in the Supply, and Estate isn't an action card. Wow, well done.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 01, 2016, 12:56:12 pm »

Band of Misfits

Watno got it. Hooray!

Band of Misfits

I was about to write about how this wasn't true, but then I remembered Ferry. BoM can imitate Lab or Market if the Ferry token is on that pile, but Peddler will never be cheaper than BoM, Fugitive is never in the Supply, and Estate isn't an action card. Wow, well done.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #397 on: April 27, 2016, 06:22:32 pm »

More of a riddle than an actual puzzle (because the answer is somewhat debatable; but it will make sense when you get it)...

I am the only card that can be upgraded more than once in one turn.  What card am I?

Bonus question (will be easy when you get the first part): how many times can I be upgraded in 1 turn?

HINT: it is not Fortress / Upgrade
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:23:57 pm by Dingan »

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 27, 2016, 08:53:11 pm »
+1

Is it City  ?

If so, twice.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #399 on: April 28, 2016, 02:19:19 am »

Is it City  ?

If so, twice.

Yes!  And I was thinking 3 times -- it can get upgraded twice, and then you can play Upgrade on it (once).
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.