Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: In which I buy my last card on turn 10  (Read 1057 times)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5160
    • View Profile
In which I buy my last card on turn 10
« on: February 24, 2014, 12:57:22 pm »
+6

This was a fun game, probably not perfectly executed by me. My last buy is on turn 10, and I win on turn 17 (opponent resigns). And no, it's not a pin!

Code: [Select]
Beggar, Secret Chamber, Stonemason, Workshop, Farming Village, Rats, Laboratory, Market, Witch, Forge
The log

At the beginning, I think I should go for an engine using Laboratory, Witch, Market and a single Forge here. Then I get my Forge quite early, and decide on a slightly more experimental deck which uses Beggar to gain cards to trash with Rats, and Forge to turn the Rats into Provinces. Not sure that this is the best strategy here, but it was certainly an interesting one.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: In which I buy my last card on turn 10
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:45:09 pm »
+2

Forge is definitely a key card here to trash down, and it probably should be your first purchase with 7.  In fact, I would argue that your opening with silver/FV should probably have been silver/silver to really focus on getting to that first 7.  However, you both ignored another important card here: stonemason.  Forge with your first 7, but any other 7 after that should probably be stonemason overpay for lab (with 7).  That way you have some draw in order to cycle to your forge.  In fact, I would argue that witch is very skipable here and labs should be the priority.  Rats is also very good here and should definitely be purchased at some point as it provides that great target for forge, but a priority is making sure that you can cycle through your deck to play forge as many times as possible. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.