Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Don't even bother with Goko today  (Read 20005 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
Don't even bother with Goko today
« on: February 23, 2014, 04:07:06 pm »
+3

More like Slowko.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
Re: Don't even bother with Goko today
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 04:10:38 pm »
+2

That's what you get from outsourcing to Fragility.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 04:14:08 pm »

"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Mr.Oatmeal

• Steward
  • ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:04:55 pm »
+15

My favorite moment today was this:
I joined a two player game, but then another game that seemed more appealing popped up, so I joined that.  A game started, but once I saw the board and my opening hand, the loading screen appeared again, and I saw a different game.  Goko had put me in both games.  I was able to play in one game, but little blips and images showed up every once in a while from the other game. Finally, a message popped up from the game that I couldn't control saying I was getting booted for inactivity. When that game ended, it took me out of the game I was actually playing.
Weird.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 09:49:23 pm »
+7

How's the beta going?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 11:25:19 pm »
+4

I joined a two player game, but then another game that seemed more appealing popped up, so I joined that.  A game started, but once I saw the board and my opening hand, the loading screen appeared again, and I saw a different game.  Goko had put me in both games.  I was able to play in one game, but little blips and images showed up every once in a while from the other game. Finally, a message popped up from the game that I couldn't control saying I was getting booted for inactivity. When that game ended, it took me out of the game I was actually playing.
Weird.

I resigned my similar game before allowing Goko to get satisfaction from booting me.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: serakfalcon
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 11:49:31 pm »
+2

Weird.

I resigned my similar game before allowing Goko to get satisfaction from booting me.

Jokes on you! We don't get no satisfaction!

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 12:08:35 am »

Weird.

Jokes on you! We don't get no satisfaction!

This happened to me quite a while ago. It's the strangest thing.

I've also had a last second switch, and then when the game started the screen went dim as if it were about to load again. I could see all the cards, even chat, but I couldn't click any of the buttons.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 10:34:02 am »

Weird.

Serves you right for abandoning a game before the guy had a chance to hit "Play". As someone who creates tables, I can tell you that this is utterly infuriating.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 01:37:09 pm »
+2

Weird.

Serves you right for abandoning a game before the guy had a chance to hit "Play". As someone who creates tables, I can tell you that this is utterly infuriating.

Except sometimes you sit around for a minute, nothing happens, then you change but that exactly when he hits Play.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 02:44:43 pm »
+1

Weird.

Except sometimes you sit around for a minute, nothing happens, then you change but that exactly when he hits Play.

Sure, that's valid. Leaving because another game is "more appealing" is irritating and rude.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 02:59:16 pm »

Weird.

Sure, that's valid. Leaving because another game is "more appealing" is irritating and rude.

Of course, although I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they changed game when they saw their opponent has only played 4 games and is probably base set only.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 03:02:09 pm »
+1

Weird.

Of course, although I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they changed game when they saw their opponent has only played 4 games and is probably base set only.

I suppose that's valid. I was going to say that you should check that before joining the game, but I suppose that's just asking for somebody else to come along and take that seat.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 04:05:22 pm »

that can cut both ways. if there is enough time for a user to join a game and then back out before the host starts then perhaps the host is the rude one.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 04:06:35 pm »

that can cut both ways. if there is enough time for a user to join a game and then back out before the host starts then perhaps the host is the rude one.

Sometimes the host presses "Play" and the other player leaves before Goko actually registers that.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:07 pm »
+1

Weird.

I'm not sure. I'd argue that you don't obligate yourself to do anything by joining, therefore you can leave whenever you want. Even in real life, you do that sometimes. I don't think it's bm.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 09:56:13 pm »

I think it's kind of your own fault for not having the most appealing game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Mr.Oatmeal

• Steward
  • ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 10:08:10 pm »
+1

A little reasoning behind the switch:  I enjoy playing pro games more because I like the fact that both of us are entering the game without knowing the board.  The first game I clicked play on was casual (I was short on time and just wanted to play), but then a pro game showed up while I was waiting for the host.

All that being said, I never really thought about it from the hosts perspective - or that it happened frequently enough that hosts would get infuriated by this.  I'll keep that in mind for the future. 

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 01:57:45 pm »
+1

I THINK Goko just crashed. Or at least, it did for me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
Well you *do* need a signature...

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 02:30:43 pm »
+1

No login today !

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 02:35:25 pm »
+1

No login today !

Maybe they're finally switching over to their new servers.

JK/LOL!!!1! X-D

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 03:04:45 pm »
+3

Gokodom?  Gokodon't.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 04:35:24 pm »
+1

the front page is blank as of [time].  (somebody help me get this to work right.  How do I get the seconds since epoch?)
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.