Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Simple trasher with a ontrash setup rule  (Read 2214 times)

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
A Simple trasher with a ontrash setup rule
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:34:59 am »
+1

Hi guys.
I had the following idea:
charburner - 4$
trash a card from you hand
+2$

I think this card will lead to interesting and fun games :) i imagine this on feast or mining village or Pillage will be very strong.

for the card at itself i think its a interesting though very simple effect that is not in the original game(closest may be spicemerchant) and fits the costs of 4$ (like moneylender,SpiceMerchant)

And it provides an unblockable(except WT and trader) curse giving like IGG while beeing more interesting than IGG.

BadAssMutha

• Bishop
  • Respect: +119
    • View Profile
Re: A Simple trasher with a ontrash setup rule
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:15:43 am »

Not a bad idea, and it gets especially interesting with self-trashing cards, as you point out. On the other hand, if this is the only trasher on the board, I doubt I'll want to use it on most $4s, and very unlikely on anything costing more than that. Salvaging a card costing $4 gets me $4, apprenticing it gets me +4 cards, bishoping it gives me +$1 and +3 VP. Charburning a $4 cost card gets me $2 and gives out a curse - this seems a little weak, especially since you'll have to go through the entire charburnable pile to give out all the curses. Spending $4 now to give out a curse later with a $2 rebate doesn't seem that great to me.

It also seems a little odd that this could be a pretty game-warping card (if it lands on Feast or MV or some such) even if no one buys it. Maybe a Trash token should get added to a pile of your choice when you buy a Charburn? This means curses don't fly until someone actually buys one of these, and the token will avoid landing on something unlikely to be trashed like King's Court or Wharf. I don't think having Trash tokens on more than one pile would affect things too much, and would probably make it useful in more situations.

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:39:08 am »

mh changing it to an ongain effect would be even better ;) thanks for the idea !

How about
when you gain this place a "Coal" Token on any Supply Pile costing at least 3$. All Cards in Piles with at least a Coal Token on get an additional on trash effect: When you trash this each other player gains a curse

i like how one can load up on Mining Villages and tunr them into a one time curser when you have enough giving your oponent a large number of junk at one time.

Also its pretty likely that charburner will be bought early because the play effect is not too bad if theres no better trasher around.

you can also Coal Silver now ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:47:33 am by RTT »

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 09:41:41 am »

Spending $4 now to give out a curse later with a $2 rebate doesn't seem that great to me.
but there are a lot of 4$ gainers that can gain lots of 4$ quickly. might be worth it to trash some of your 4s when wou can curse your opponent. especialy if you have terminal colision anyways.

Another thing comes to my mind ... its awsome with watchtower to instantly trash a card you gained. some ironworks + watchtower in hand and a coal token on some Scouts  ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:49:51 am by RTT »

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:01:21 pm »
+1

Fortress :O :O :O :O :O
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 08:02:51 pm »

The on-play effect is extremely close to being strictly better than Moneylender, to the point in which I think it needs some change.

EDIT: Yes, I am stupid.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:10:23 pm by soulnet »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 08:08:40 pm »
+1

The on-play effect is extremely close to being strictly better than Moneylender, to the point in which I think it needs some change.

No, Moneylender gives +$3.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 01:45:03 am »
+3

No, Moneylender gives +$3.

And yet, it's a terminal silver.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.