Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hunting Party rocks and VP chips are not an auto-win  (Read 1227 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Hunting Party rocks and VP chips are not an auto-win
« on: February 15, 2014, 02:36:35 pm »
+1

Code: [Select]
Pawn, Squire, Fortune Teller, Market Square, Bishop, Bridge, Baker, Hunting Party, Rogue, Treasury
http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20140215/log.5108429fe4b02265335fae99.1392492063526.txt

He open Bishop, as many people so, because VP chips are just sooo strong. They are, and I think a Market Square/Bishop thing with Hunting Party could have been stronger. Still a very fun engine to play, especially because I was totally uncontested on the engine parts.

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting Party rocks and VP chips are not an auto-win
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 06:19:51 pm »
+1

I remember the first time I tried a Bishop/Market Square combo. My opponent went for the same combo... and then we ended up in a Mexican standoff. Neither of us wanted to use our Bishops, for fear of giving the opponent free Golds.

I likely would've opened Baker/Market Square: Market Square to protect against my opponent's Bishops or Rogues, Baker because I just love Bakers. I doubt I would've let you get nine Hunting Parties... but you probably would've gotten the majority, so you probably would've beaten me.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting Party rocks and VP chips are not an auto-win
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 07:41:37 pm »

I remember the first time I tried a Bishop/Market Square combo. My opponent went for the same combo... and then we ended up in a Mexican standoff. Neither of us wanted to use our Bishops, for fear of giving the opponent free Golds.

I likely would've opened Baker/Market Square: Market Square to protect against my opponent's Bishops or Rogues, Baker because I just love Bakers. I doubt I would've let you get nine Hunting Parties... but you probably would've gotten the majority, so you probably would've beaten me.

Baker is for sure not the best opening. Of course you'll want some later, but the coin can be put to already gaining Hunting Parties. But that doesn't mean I would win :P
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.