Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possible Combo: Plaza, Counting House  (Read 2691 times)

Trogdor the Burninator

• Golem
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
Possible Combo: Plaza, Counting House
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:10:47 pm »

I just thought of a possible combo: Plaza & Counting House. You use your Plazas to discard all your Copper, and then on the last action (or if you're out of other cards, like Plaza, to play) of your turn, you play a Counting House and draw all the Coppers back.
I've never played with this strategy before, but it was just something I noticed that seemed kind of interesting. This type of strategy would be even more interesting with a source of +Buy, because all of those Coppers and extra coin tokens could be used and none of them wasted.
Dominion.games username: Jolinar of Malkshur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHF_bIjIPAE

(I did not create the Trogdor the Burninator song nor am I associated with its producers in any way.  I just think it sounds cool. :P)

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
Re: Possible Combo: Plaza, Counting House
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »

slightly on-topic: has anyone ever tried hunting party stack with counting house as the +X? 
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:26:38 pm »

I've tried Sage-Counting House a few times. Sometimes it even wins (usually with additional things going on, though -- I don't think I've tried it by itself). I would think that if HP+X is viable, it's going to be because of something better than Counting House. Too many $5s to gain.

I do think Counting House got a nice little buff with Guilds. Plaza and Sage are nice with it. No power combo or anything, but playable.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 05:11:27 pm »

HP-Counting House is a little too swingy sometimes, since you can quite easily trigger an unwanted reshuffle or end up with all the coppers at the end of your shuffle in the danger zone.  It's effective when it works, like Doctor.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

RobertJ

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 06:19:49 pm »
+1

This topic made me think of a game I've just played with some nice Counting House interactions.

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20140214/log.505dd328fca2e44e30819afd.1392419192315.txt

As well as Plaza and Sage, there's Hamlet and Vault. I'm not sure how well I played it but if nothing else the final turn was a fun one: Counting House to draw a load of Coppers, Vault them away for money, another Counting House to draw them up again giving just enough for two Provinces and the win.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.