Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Cookie Clicker?  (Read 105160 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
Re: Cookie Clicker?
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2017, 05:30:16 pm »

You can beat the game; and within a reasonable amount of time. I wish a lot more idle games were that style.
Try Paperclips, if you haven't. I usually don't care for incremental games, but this one I played all the way through.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2017, 09:58:05 pm »

You can beat the game; and within a reasonable amount of time. I wish a lot more idle games were that style.
Try Paperclips, if you haven't. I usually don't care for incremental games, but this one I played all the way through.

I think I may have broken/lost Paperclips...

In Stage 3, I had some septillion probes doing stuff, and some sextillion drifters to fight. I moved all my trust from self-replication into speed/exploration to just get through the universe. Of course, this meant before too long I had 0 probes.

So now, I try to launch more probes; with all my trust in Self-Replication / Hazard Remediation / Combat... but I can't get past the millions, because they die in combat against the sextillions of drifters before they can create more than that. Have I locked myself out completely?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2017, 03:03:45 am »

I think I may have broken/lost Paperclips...

In Stage 3, I had some septillion probes doing stuff, and some sextillion drifters to fight. I moved all my trust from self-replication into speed/exploration to just get through the universe. Of course, this meant before too long I had 0 probes.

So now, I try to launch more probes; with all my trust in Self-Replication / Hazard Remediation / Combat... but I can't get past the millions, because they die in combat against the sextillions of drifters before they can create more than that. Have I locked myself out completely?
Hm, I don't know, but there is a subreddit for the game. Maybe you can find an answer there: https://www.reddit.com/r/pAIperclip/.

There are some known ways to get stuck in the game unfortunately, though that's not one I personally know of. (But I've only played through once and don't know the mechanics well.)

Edit: Searching the subreddit for "drifters" turns up some people who got in a similar hole: https://www.reddit.com/r/pAIperclip/search?q=drifters&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all. Maybe one of those solutions will work in your situation.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 03:58:41 am by blueblimp »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2017, 09:54:14 am »

Yeah I think I basically tried the things they suggest. The people who were stuck there had trillions of drifters; I had far far more than that. I ended up using the Javascript hacking solution; just to set my number of probes back to where it was before I lost them all.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2017, 12:16:41 pm »
+1

I've played Cookie Clicker numerous times over the years but never for more than 24 hours. I have previously enabled cheats to see all the game content. With this last thread bump I'm doing it for real no cheats. Less than 1 hour away from going into Day 6 I have 2.486 Quintillion cookies and have done a few Elder Pledges but otherwise fattening wrinklers for awhile. 10.1T CPS not accounting for wrinkler withering. My oal is to get all possible upgrades and achievements and do an ascension with however many HC it takes to maybe do a neverclick run or something. I'm not sure how committed I will be after the first ascension so i am drawing it out.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2017, 01:54:18 pm »

I've played Cookie Clicker numerous times over the years but never for more than 24 hours. I have previously enabled cheats to see all the game content. With this last thread bump I'm doing it for real no cheats. Less than 1 hour away from going into Day 6 I have 2.486 Quintillion cookies and have done a few Elder Pledges but otherwise fattening wrinklers for awhile. 10.1T CPS not accounting for wrinkler withering. My oal is to get all possible upgrades and achievements and do an ascension with however many HC it takes to maybe do a neverclick run or something. I'm not sure how committed I will be after the first ascension so i am drawing it out.

One of the achievements is 100 ascensions.  And, to get all achievements you need to play for over a year (because of sugar lumps).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2017, 01:56:08 pm »

One of the achievements is 100 ascensions.  And, to get all achievements you need to play for over a year (because of sugar lumps).

There is a heavenly upgrade that reduces sugar lump growth times.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2017, 01:57:43 pm »

There is a heavenly upgrade that reduces sugar lump growth times.

To upgrade all buildings to level 10, you need 855 sugar lumps.  So, more like two years.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2017, 05:52:37 pm »

Yeah I think I basically tried the things they suggest. The people who were stuck there had trillions of drifters; I had far far more than that. I ended up using the Javascript hacking solution; just to set my number of probes back to where it was before I lost them all.
Yeah I think it's legit to sometimes use console cheats, since the game has some issues like that. In my playthrough, I had a problem with misallocation of processors vs memory that I fixed with a console cheat, although I realized later that it probably would have been possible to fix it legitimately.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2017, 09:03:38 pm »

Yeah I think it's legit to sometimes use console cheats, since the game has some issues like that. In my playthrough, I had a problem with misallocation of processors vs memory that I fixed with a console cheat, although I realized later that it probably would have been possible to fix it legitimately.

Yeah you’re screwed if you get > 30 processors before the end of stage 1.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »

Yeah you’re screwed if you get > 30 processors before the end of stage 1.
I had the opposite problem. I realized early that memory was important, so that was fine, but then I kept dumping into it after 70. Then after going to space, I had way too few processors to bank the necessary creativity, and at first I didn't realize that I could use swarm computing with the space drones.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2017, 12:38:47 pm »

So I am now 12 days in and it's pretty boring now. I've got 290, 250, 250, 250, 200, 200, 190, 150, 150, 100, 100, 100, 72, 58, 50 buildings. Obviously just going for the building number achievements.

My primary strategy has been golden cookies. I've got Lucky, Serendipity, and Get Lucky and I'm in the 900s of GC's clicked. The best is when a Frenzy stacks with one of the building multipliers, like 7x(25x) or 7x(777x). Otherwise I get the lucky cookies which used to be pretty amazing and are now just drops in the ocean of quintillions. I'm at 780 quintillion all time/0 ascensions.

I ran Grandmapocalypse for a few days but wrinklers don't seem to really compare to strings of GCs.

I'm in the mid-900s of HC's so was thinking maybe at my first Hexillion I'd ascend. Looks like the next level is the Krumblor/spells bit and the Sugar Lumps (a pre req). Alternatively I'd wait till I had about 2400 HC so I could have 2 permanent upgrades on my first ascension (along with a few others).

any critique or advice?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2017, 12:44:47 pm »

Another thing, on ascension, is there any value in selling buildings beforehand? I was definietly thinking about a sell-off to buy the last few building milestones for more mil next run.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2017, 06:48:11 pm »

Another thing, on ascension, is there any value in selling buildings beforehand? I was definietly thinking about a sell-off to buy the last few building milestones for more mil next run.

I would usually do that when I had those achievements to get.

Not sure exactly what you're planning for heavenly upgrades, but get the season switcher as soon as you possibly can.  It does wonders.

Also, wrinklers effectively multiply your CpS by six, so the grandmapocalypse is always good.  However, I would often only use One Mind so that I got the wrinklers and still 66% golden cookies.  At this point I rarely ever do anything on there so I have the full grandmapocalypse.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2017, 08:28:26 pm »

I would usually do that when I had those achievements to get.

Not sure exactly what you're planning for heavenly upgrades, but get the season switcher as soon as you possibly can.  It does wonders.

Also, wrinklers effectively multiply your CpS by six, so the grandmapocalypse is always good.  However, I would often only use One Mind so that I got the wrinklers and still 66% golden cookies.  At this point I rarely ever do anything on there so I have the full grandmapocalypse.

Yes, Grandmapocalypse makes sense at stage 1 but not at stage 3 (7x++ is strictly better than 6x). Once you go stage 3 I don't think you can get back to stage 1 without ascending.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2017, 08:30:25 pm »

For 1st ascension I was thinking Legacy, Permanent Slot, Heavenly cookies plus all 4 boxes), Starter Kit and Heavenly Luck. That's 328 HC's. I'll have over 1000 by morning. Another 2000 gets  a second permanent upgrade. Season switch should be prioritized over these?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2017, 09:05:48 pm »

For 1st ascension I was thinking Legacy, Permanent Slot, Heavenly cookies plus all 4 boxes), Starter Kit and Heavenly Luck. That's 328 HC's. I'll have over 1000 by morning. Another 2000 gets  a second permanent upgrade. Season switch should be prioritized over these?

Yes.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2017, 12:15:29 pm »

Well I got season switcher. I've popped over 200 wrinklers during a Halloween period and only found 3 of the 7 cookies. Not sure how this is really going to pay off yet. In other news, ascension CPS is incredible, I should have done this way earlier. I ascended with 1460ish HC. I'm already near 9000 HC less than a week later. Also, my first sugar lump was meaty.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2017, 01:01:17 pm »

Well I got season switcher. I've popped over 200 wrinklers during a Halloween period and only found 3 of the 7 cookies. Not sure how this is really going to pay off yet. In other news, ascension CPS is incredible, I should have done this way earlier. I ascended with 1460ish HC. I'm already near 9000 HC less than a week later. Also, my first sugar lump was meaty.

Christmas is the big one.  There's so much stuff you get from it.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2017, 02:27:31 pm »

Christmas is the big one.  There's so much stuff you get from it.

I figure real Christmas is soon enough. working through Easter atm.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2017, 12:35:12 pm »
+1

Managed to Force the Hand of Fate to String together Dragon Harvest, Frenzy, and Elder Frenzy. I went from slowly accumulating Septillions to having a few hundred Octillion very quickly. I thought I could by 200 of every building but lacked 1 Chancemaker of having it (had 350 of several). The game got very boring very fast after that so I ascended to a Born Again to get the Neverclick and Harcore achievements then ascended again with about 650K HC. It's a whole new game again with all sorts of crazy going on with already 4000 HC in less than 30 minutes run time.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2017, 08:17:52 pm »

Well, Hand of Fate is kind of a game breaker when it fires. Ascended again with millions of HC and have almost all the ascension upgrades. 4 hours and 20 minutes into this one and I already have nearly 13 million HC. Pretty sure I'll get all 350 buildings some time this week. Rapidly approaching the point the only achievements left will be building levels and golden cookie clicks and spells cast. The game definitely starts slow but snowballs quickly when you can directly manipulate the CPS multipliers.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2017, 09:37:14 pm »

Well, Hand of Fate is kind of a game breaker when it fires. Ascended again with millions of HC and have almost all the ascension upgrades. 4 hours and 20 minutes into this one and I already have nearly 13 million HC. Pretty sure I'll get all 350 buildings some time this week. Rapidly approaching the point the only achievements left will be building levels and golden cookie clicks and spells cast. The game definitely starts slow but snowballs quickly when you can directly manipulate the CPS multipliers.

You also seem to be playing actively, which speeds it up a ton.  I have everything set up to maximize cookie production when I'm not around.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2017, 07:19:27 am »

Yes lots of active play and left open running while asleep, also I save the game before trying things like hand of fate and then reload on unfavorable results.  In other news it looks like 350 Chancemakers is pretty far away, actually.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2019, 07:13:42 pm »

:)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.