Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2014 Edition  (Read 111621 times)

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2014 Edition
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2014, 09:05:42 pm »

Personally, given how long we might wait for the new expansion and how much I enjoy the card rankings, I'm fine with us doing an early 2015 ranking before the new set is released and then another afterward. The real reason not to do this is that it would double the workload for Qvist, and I'm pretty sure he has other things to do with his life than entertain us.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2014, 09:08:02 pm »

Goko leaked something, that is where the worry would come from. Jay was displeased. But obv. it's good to have the set come out online the same day. And it's hard to say just what the effect of a leak is, especially a late leak like this would presumably be.
Goko leaked something?

Yup.  Dark Ages cards.  To the beta testers.

I thought it was to everybody.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2014, 09:13:46 pm »

Goko leaked something, that is where the worry would come from. Jay was displeased. But obv. it's good to have the set come out online the same day. And it's hard to say just what the effect of a leak is, especially a late leak like this would presumably be.
Goko leaked something?

Yup.  Dark Ages cards.  To the beta testers.

I thought it was to everybody.

It wasn't released to the public then, I don't think.  I seem to remember a certain amount of clamor for me to post more screenshots.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2014, 11:25:27 pm »
+1

On the topic of the lists, I have to say I'm looking forward to the remaining entries in all the various lists that are still unfinished. I've been compiling all of them and I'm hoping to do some basic data mining to see what I can see.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2014, 12:14:12 am »

Goko leaked something?

Yah, but it was just a few days before DA officially released. I think it was about 3 days or so before Gen Con or wherever the set was released at.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2014, 02:22:51 am »

Goko leaked something?

Yah, but it was just a few days before DA officially released. I think it was about 3 days or so before Gen Con or wherever the set was released at.

There had already been previews, which had been early *because* of leak fears.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pedroluchini

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2014, 03:07:21 am »

I guess I'm being super naïve here, but could someone please explain why leaked cards are such a big deal?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2014, 04:34:00 am »

I guess I'm being super naïve here, but could someone please explain why leaked cards are such a big deal?

I guess they don't want people to know what is in the set prior to release.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2014, 08:20:22 am »

There had already been previews, which had been early *because* of leak fears.
They were just a few days early - they were the week prior to the con, with no overlap, rather than the week leading up to the con, ending the day before the con (cons typically start on Wednesdays or Thursdays). This had been because a publisher had figured, close enough, and let whatever card information out a few days early. So the last couple previews were spoiled.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2014, 08:48:35 am »
+8

It's not so clear how much it matters, depending on how far in advance it is. The smart move is probably to try to keep the sets a secret though. Wizards of the Coast's stance is, that they will drum up interest in a Magic set better themselves, via previews, than via uncontrolled leaks. And they believe this so much that they have sued people over it. I feel like, they have done this math; probably the leaks are actually bad.

It seems better to have information about a set show up right around when people can buy it. They read the spoilers, are excited over the awesome new stuff, and then there's the set, available for purchase. If the leak is way in advance, they aren't maintaining that excitement, and you have no tool for building it back up. A lot of people were buying however much of the Magic set anyway, or were buying that Dominion set anyway, but you know, I can see it having a negative effect. The new set is more exciting if you didn't read the cards 6 months ago, and if you don't buy every Dominion expansion, that could make the difference. Then too, if it's spoiled in advance, people have proxied the cards, simulated the cards, found whatever combos. You don't get to be the person on your block who found whatever obvious trick.

So anyway I personally think a Dominion set would like to be spoiled pretty close to release. If it were say two weeks early, that wouldn't matter much; it would just spoil the previews. The previews seem like a good way to promote the sets though; show up each day and find out about more cool stuff, then talk about it, turn it over in your mind, in manageable chunks. So it's probably better for us if those aren't spoiled either.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2014, 09:10:06 am »

Everyone here is speaking about beta-testers. (How) am I able to become a beta-tester for new cards?
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2014, 09:30:18 am »

Everyone here is speaking about beta-testers. (How) am I able to become a beta-tester for new cards?
If you are talking about for Dominion Online, in the past they have contacted certain users when they wanted people to test.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2014, 04:30:25 pm »
+3

I guess they don't want people to know what is in the set prior to release.

I can't tell if you're serious... or... but tautology...
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2014, 08:44:20 am »

By winning the Dominion Lottery. Thing is, I don't know how to buy tickets for it.

ketura

• Pawn
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2015, 04:48:49 pm »

Is there any reason that the Prizes do not have their own results thread?  2013 had those results posted, and Prizes are listed here as if they were going to have their own thread, but there's nothing there.  I tried googling and got nothing.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2015, 04:59:12 pm »

Is there any reason that the Prizes do not have their own results thread?  2013 had those results posted, and Prizes are listed here as if they were going to have their own thread, but there's nothing there.  I tried googling and got nothing.

Qvist never posted them; he's a busy guy.

The order is either Followers > Steed > Princess > Bag > Diadem or Followers > Princess > Steed > Bag > Diadem depending on how right the voters were when this was run.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2015, 05:01:01 pm »

The order is either Followers > Steed > Princess > Bag > Diadem or Followers > Princess > Steed > Bag > Diadem depending on how right the voters were when this was run.

I find myself getting Diadem more these days (perhaps more than Bag of Gold), mostly when nobody else revealed a Province and I want an immediate injection of cash.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2015, 05:04:57 pm »

I would guess it's the less right order.

I find myself getting Diadem more these days (perhaps more than Bag of Gold), mostly when nobody else revealed a Province and I want an immediate injection of cash.

True, I think that Diadem is definitely better than Bag of Gold. It's not a very popular opinion, though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2015, 08:48:19 am »
+3

Oops. I never noticed that I forgot that.
The order was:

1. Followers  95.5%
2. Trusty Steed  73.2%
3. Princess  55.5%
4. Diadem  14.1%
5. Bag of Gold  11.9%
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.