Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2014 Edition  (Read 111625 times)

Moneymodel

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2014 Edition
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2014, 09:33:19 am »

I've suspected 6 and above hasn't been released yet to allow more time for playing with Prince.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2014, 09:59:04 am »

I've suspected 6 and above hasn't been released yet to allow more time for playing with Prince.
The votes have been cast ages ago, though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2014, 10:15:27 am »

The votes have been cast ages ago, though.

Indeed. And none of the "missing" lists contained any new cards, since Guilds (the only new cards at the time) doesn't have $6+ cards.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2014, 11:36:25 am »
+6

Sorry, I try to post the $6, Potion and Prizes lists soon.

7string

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: 7string
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2014, 05:57:29 pm »
+1

That's great Qvist - looking forward to them!  As silverspawn noted, I did forget to mention the Knights list as well.

I cannot say enough how much the ratings and comments by the experienced players have helped me to understand the game better.  As a relatively newer player, it really highlighted for me cards which I was underutilizing and underrating - especially the strategies for some of the Dark Ages cards which were not immediately obvious to me when I first saw them.

7string

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: 7string
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2014, 06:04:50 pm »

As silverspawn noted, I did forget to mention the Knights list as well.

oops...I see that the 2014 Knights list has already been published in the Forum.  But what I see now is that the 2014 Knights list did not make it onto the website, as it still shows the 2013 ratings.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2014, 03:59:51 pm »
+1

i for one got confused because it's not in this post

Christen

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2014, 02:26:49 am »
+1

I hope this doesn't count as necro but shouldn't this topic be the one stickied instead of the outdated 2013 one?

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:07 am »

I hope this doesn't count as necro but shouldn't this topic be the one stickied instead of the outdated 2013 one?

Ban! Ban the defiler!
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2014, 06:51:16 am »

We're waiting until the new expansion to do another one of these, right?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2014, 09:42:24 am »

Sounds good to me. I think we should do it right after release so that we can see how much perceptions change over the next year.

I wonder how much the playtesters will skew the results.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2014, 12:25:07 pm »

Sounds good to me. I think we should do it right after release so that we can see how much perceptions change over the next year.

I'll rate everything a 10 to throw off the numbers
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2014, 12:32:20 pm »
+6

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »

Can we at least wait like a week after its Goko release to get some feel with the cards  :P

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2014, 03:44:50 pm »

Not sure what I should do. If we wait, we have to give also a little bit of time after the new expansion has come out to let everyone gain experience. This means probably late Summer 2015. Not sure if this is worth the wait, especially as we don't know how fast the expansion will come out on Goko.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2014, 03:53:39 pm »
+2

Not sure what I should do. If we wait, we have to give also a little bit of time after the new expansion has come out to let everyone gain experience. This means probably late Summer 2015. Not sure if this is worth the wait, especially as we don't know how fast the expansion will come out on Goko.

Guilds was out the same day on Goko, so I'm optimistic there, though obviously there's 400 cards worth of material here rather than the 150 that Guilds has.

I guess the question is, how much utility will we get from another ranking before the new cards come out?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2014, 03:55:12 pm »
+1

Guilds was out the same day on Goko, so I'm optimistic there, though obviously there's 400 cards worth of material here rather than the 150 that Guilds has.

I guess the question is, how much utility will we get from another ranking before the new cards come out?

Exactly.  Give it a week/month after it comes out on Goko.  By that time, we'll have a much better idea of Guilds cards, and we'll just be randomly guessing on the new ones, which is what always happens anyway.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2014, 07:03:16 pm »

However, Goko got Guilds in advance to work with. Donald has said that they might not get the new set early because Jay worries about leaks, so Goko might not see the cards until we see the cards which means no head start. It took them a month just to implement Prince which they did not know existed until its release.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2014, 07:49:10 pm »
+1

However, Goko got Guilds in advance to work with. Donald has said that they might not get the new set early because Jay worries about leaks, so Goko might not see the cards until we see the cards which means no head start. It took them a month just to implement Prince which they did not know existed until its release.
MF (not Goko) would like to get the cards in advance and have the new set online the same day it comes out in stores. I don't know yet if that will happen but it has yet to be ruled out.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2014, 07:55:53 pm »
+2

MF (not Goko) would like to get the cards in advance and have the new set online the same day it comes out in stores. I don't know yet if that will happen but it has yet to be ruled out.

If he's really worried about leakes he could also just tell them all the new concepts rather then actual cards (maybe with a few fake examples).
After you've got that coded it can't be more then a day to implement the actual cards, and perhaps a couple more to test it all.

(ok, that's the last assumption I'll ever make about goko code)
Join the Dominion League!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2014, 08:23:21 pm »

That was a joke, right?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2014, 08:30:05 pm »
+1

If he's really worried about leakes he could also just tell them all the new concepts rather then actual cards (maybe with a few fake examples).
After you've got that coded it can't be more then a day to implement the actual cards, and perhaps a couple more to test it all.

(ok, that's the last assumption I'll ever make about goko code)
It wouldn't possibly do the trick for the AI. I mean, let's say the set is Intrigue. You explain choose one/two and action-victory/treasure-victory and pass and name a card and cost-modifying. They can get some of the code to handle those things up and running. But that doesn't set them up to have good AI for Pawn or Great Hall or Masquerade or Wishing Well or Bridge.

I don't know if Jay is worried about leaks or not. Goko leaked something, that is where the worry would come from. Jay was displeased. But obv. it's good to have the set come out online the same day. And it's hard to say just what the effect of a leak is, especially a late leak like this would presumably be.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2014, 08:59:33 pm »

Goko leaked something, that is where the worry would come from. Jay was displeased. But obv. it's good to have the set come out online the same day. And it's hard to say just what the effect of a leak is, especially a late leak like this would presumably be.
Goko leaked something?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2014, 09:03:12 pm »
+2

Goko leaked something, that is where the worry would come from. Jay was displeased. But obv. it's good to have the set come out online the same day. And it's hard to say just what the effect of a leak is, especially a late leak like this would presumably be.
Goko leaked something?

Yup.  Dark Ages cards.  To the beta testers.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.