Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2014 Edition  (Read 111643 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2014 Edition
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2014, 04:28:59 pm »

While sorting, I realized I rate all of the $2-$4 villages at almost the same place to me...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2014, 01:59:21 pm »
+2

I can confirm that the problem with the cards reverting to random order exists without deleting a card, so the update may not entirely prevent it occurring again.  I had my lists revert to random order twice, and I never deleted a card - not a single time.  The first time I'm pretty sure it was after I tried to do a duel on a single card from the All Cards list after all my other lists were complete and I was trying to see if the duel could rearrange one card.  Afterwards, all lists from $2-$6 plus potions were out of order.  The second time I was not making any changes at all.  I was merely going into the "Switch Rank Mode" so that I could do a copy/paste of my lists into an Excel spreadsheet to preserve the order of the lists I had created.  The good news was that I made it through all of the lists but one before it happened, but the bad news was I did have to completely redo the $5 list.  The other lists I had saved the order, so was able to manually restore them within an hour or so.  But to emphasize...this time I was doing NO changes at all...I was just doing copy/paste to preserve the lists.  The one thing I might have done that perhaps I should not have was to do a go-back in the browser rather than saving each list (since I was not making any changes I didn't see why they should need to be saved again).

So I had all lists except the All Cards list complete before the 2/28 deadline, and have not touched any of them since.  Is the deadline being extended again to allow others to complete their lists, or are the lists closed now?

Wow, this sounds really strange. Not sure what might cause this. Sorry for this. I'll look into the problem and let you know when I know more.

Couldn't find the problem. It all works fine for me. If anyone encounters something like this in the future, please report in detail and I try to find out what is causing this.

I just did a backup of the database. Evaluation starts now...

7string

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: 7string
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2014, 02:14:41 pm »

I use Isotropish ranking to weight the submissions

You mentioned using the "Isotropish" ranking to weight the submissions.  I assume that you will now be using the Goko Pro ratings...is that correct?  Hopefully you have an easy way to somehow extract those Pro ratings for all the people who submitted lists, since the Goko leaderboards don't currently have a search by user name feature.  Do you know when you will be pulling the rankings?

Good luck, and thanks again for doing all this work!

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2014, 02:18:42 pm »
+2

You mentioned using the "Isotropish" ranking to weight the submissions.  I assume that you will now be using the Goko Pro ratings...is that correct?  Hopefully you have an easy way to somehow extract those Pro ratings for all the people who submitted lists, since the Goko leaderboards don't currently have a search by user name feature.  Do you know when you will be pulling the rankings?

I assume he means Isotropish

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2014, 02:20:00 pm »

This. I already assigned the users to their rankings.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2014, 02:31:09 pm »

Ack! I had an internship application due yesterday and I didn't have time to finish my list (I also wasn't sure that the feature was working based on the reports here). Please do not count my list as it makes very little sense right now. I've gotten far enough that generally strong cards are closer to the top, but for example, Minion is #1 right now...
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2014, 05:28:34 pm »

Mine is still screwed up. Discount it. (sigh)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2014, 06:42:20 pm »
+2

Mine is still screwed up. Discount it. (sigh)

I'm guessing you have problems with where that card goes too?

Also, don't count my own submission.  I didn't quite finish it.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2014, 06:46:28 pm »
+2

Mint is still screwed up. Discount it. (sigh)

FTFY

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2014, 06:54:05 pm »
+7

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile

7string

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2014, 08:04:09 pm »

Thanks!  I'm new to the forum, and I got into online Dominion with Goko, so I never played on Isotropic, and was not even aware that this Isotropish site was being maintained with different statistics.  Takes me back to college stat courses, and I could have a lot of questions about how it is compiled and used for this process, but I would rather just let folks do their work to pull together the new list.  Just interested mostly to know how much all the hours I put into my ranking will be weighted, and can't really determine that from the site since it doesn't tell me how the numbers are being applied to this effort.  If there are any quick answers that would be great...otherwise I'm content to know that some people have put a lot of time into putting the stats together.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:05:35 pm by 7string »

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2014, 08:30:45 pm »
+1

Thanks!  I'm new to the forum, and I got into online Dominion with Goko, so I never played on Isotropic, and was not even aware that this Isotropish site was being maintained with different statistics.  Takes me back to college stat courses, and I could have a lot of questions about how it is compiled and used for this process, but I would rather just let folks do their work to pull together the new list.  Just interested mostly to know how much all the hours I put into my ranking will be weighted, and can't really determine that from the site since it doesn't tell me how the numbers are being applied to this effort.  If there are any quick answers that would be great...otherwise I'm content to know that some people have put a lot of time into putting the stats together.

If you want to know how Isotropish works, check out this thread http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8900.0 It's a variation of TrueSkill.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

7string

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2014, 02:04:16 am »

If you want to know how Isotropish works, check out this thread http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8900.0 It's a variation of TrueSkill.

Thanks much!  The beginning of that dialog covers the basics of the design overview I was looking for, and I'm happy to leave the details of the number crunching to those who enjoy such things...but glad there are folks who do. ; )

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2014, 06:47:03 pm »

Wow, I'm still a level 41 on that leaderboard!  I haven't even been able to access GOKO in 2014  ;D
A man on a mission.

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2014, 07:00:04 pm »
+1

Wow, I'm still a level 41 on that leaderboard!  I haven't even been able to access GOKO in 2014  ;D

Isotropish is way less sensitive to recent changes than goko. I'm not sure if AI ever implemented gradual rating degradation.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2014, 08:51:44 pm »

Isotropish is way less sensitive to recent changes than goko. I'm not sure if AI ever implemented gradual rating degradation.
I think he purposefully didn't

allanfieldhouse

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +374
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2014, 02:53:07 pm »

Hmmm, so did my submission not get counted because I had never played a pro game? I just played one against a bot, so I'm on the "full" leaderboard now...

Also how heavily are the results weighted by your rank? Is it just a minor factor, or would a new player's ratings basically not count at all?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2014, 08:18:13 am »

Hmmm, so did my submission not get counted because I had never played a pro game? I just played one against a bot, so I'm on the "full" leaderboard now...

Also how heavily are the results weighted by your rank? Is it just a minor factor, or would a new player's ratings basically not count at all?

I posted it somewhere. I weight the votes by level+5 with a mininum level of 0. It's not the best metric, but simple and close enough to get reasonable results.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2014, 03:39:07 pm »

Bumping this thread to make the link http://www.qvist.de/dommesh/ more findable (I really like it to compare the lists to my answers).

EDIT: only now realized the link to this thread is in Qvist's signature. Oh well.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:23:43 pm by florrat »

7string

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2014, 05:38:28 pm »
+1

Maybe time to post the remaining 2014 Rating Lists??
- $6 Cards
- Potion Cards
- Prizes

I don't expect many (if any) changes in these groups, but am still interested in seeing if anything did change in player's perceptions.

Maybe next year it might be possible to think about an overall rating list for all cards regardless of price?  It would be really nice to see people's thoughts on the relative value of cards regardless of cost.  Particularly useful thinking for Potion cards.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2014, 05:45:41 pm »

- $6 Cards
- Potion Cards
- Prizes

I don't expect many (if any) changes in these groups, but am still interested in seeing if anything did change in player's perceptions.

Maybe next year it might be possible to think about an overall rating list for all cards regardless of price?  It would be really nice to see people's thoughts on the relative value of cards regardless of cost.  Particularly useful thinking for Potion cards.
you're forgetting knights. and if knights don't change, i'll lose a lot of faith in this community

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2014, 05:49:46 pm »
+6

- $6 Cards
- Potion Cards
- Prizes

you're forgetting knights. and if knights don't change, i'll lose a lot of faith in this community

Hate to tell you but the Knights don't change. Their armour is pretty sweaty and smelly right now...
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2014, 05:58:03 pm »

I think next year Doctor will go down in ranking and Urchin/Mercenary will go up.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2014, 07:18:41 am »

- $6 Cards
- Potion Cards
- Prizes

Knights have been posted long ago:

The Best Knights
[...]

I thought the other lists ($6 etc.) had also already been posted and Qvist just forgot to add links at the OP, but maybe not...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.