Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2014 Edition  (Read 111628 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2014 Edition
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 11:35:26 am »

Will you be counting partially completed lists? (Like if someone ranked the $2s but not the other costs). I logged on and ranked a couple lists just to see how the thing works and give my opinions, but since I am not really familiar with Guilds, and also haven't played a lot of Dominion since Iso went away, it's probably best if you just ignore my submissions.

Well, if you haven't played much Dominion since Iso, chances are your Goko rating (or Isotropish, more likely) will be pretty low, so your list won't have all that much influence.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 11:50:41 am »
+1

Will you be counting partially completed lists? (Like if someone ranked the $2s but not the other costs). I logged on and ranked a couple lists just to see how the thing works and give my opinions, but since I am not really familiar with Guilds, and also haven't played a lot of Dominion since Iso went away, it's probably best if you just ignore my submissions.

I'd just advise you to just click on "I don't know this card" if it is from Guilds or even Dark Ages and you can easily complete the ranking.
And Tables has also a valid point.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 12:52:13 pm »

I'd just advise you to just click on "I don't know this card" if it is from Guilds or even Dark Ages and you can easily complete the ranking.

Our list validity is based on our ranking?

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 12:55:21 pm »
+1

Our list validity is based on our ranking?

There will probably be a weighted and unweighted list as there usually is.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 04:13:13 pm »

I log into Goko using my Facebook account, so I don't have a specific Goko password.  What am I supposed to do?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 04:14:26 pm »
+1

You're not supposed to use your real password for that site. Just make something up and remember it for next time you want to log in.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 04:43:51 pm »
+4

Submitted for the first time and it feels so good!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 04:59:01 pm »

You're not supposed to use your real password for that site. Just make something up and remember it for next time you want to log in.
In fact, you probably shouldn't be using a password that you use anywhere else here, since I assume the transmission and storage of the password is probably nowhere near as secure as where you usually enter passwords.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 05:22:41 pm »

Yeah. Don't use any password you use elsewhere. That's a rule you should always follow. If it feels you safer, I don't safe your password in clear text only in hashes, so I don't know any password by myself.

I use Isotropish ranking to weight the submissions, but, as usual, will point out in the results the unweighted ranking.

tolenmar

• Bishop
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 06:09:21 pm »
+2

I'm thinking maybe that should be spelled out on the site, that will stop people coming over here to find out.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 11:24:41 pm »
+1

Submitted. Since this was my first card ranking, I decided to sort the cards without the duel comparator, WW style. Okay, I first ranked them in their cost groups and then merged them into one list.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 02:33:20 am »

Sorry, I thought this was pretty clear not to use your Goko password. I even talked about it in the OP. I've added a line on the website.
Also, if you PM me, I reset your password and you may set a new one.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2014, 03:12:21 am »

I think something is funny with thr sorting algorithm -- ranking the 2s, I always voted for chapel, yet I was told there were no rankings left to do and it was in third place. I think maybe there is a bug when the user makes contradictory ratings.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 03:53:31 am »
+1

Oh boy, Pearl Diver vs Spy, that's a tough one!

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 05:53:20 am »

I think something is funny with thr sorting algorithm -- ranking the 2s, I always voted for chapel, yet I was told there were no rankings left to do and it was in third place. I think maybe there is a bug when the user makes contradictory ratings.

I'll have a look.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2014, 06:18:30 am »

Oh boy, Pearl Diver vs Spy, that's a tough one!
Hehe...it was a fun way to rank cards. It's easy to have illogical preferences when you have battles like this because you can spend so much energy convincing yourself that OMG spy should not cost 4 dollars that the next time you see it you rank it below rats or adventurer or something. I also like when you get something like Goons vs. Transmute.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2014, 06:20:53 am »

I'll have a look.

I would not at all be surprised if there were chains of the form a>b>c>d>a in my rankings because there were so many pairings I decided on a whim. I hope the minimum number of distinct cards in such a chain was 3...

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 06:33:07 am »
+1

I'll have a look.

I would not at all be surprised if there were chains of the form a>b>c>d>a in my rankings because there were so many pairings I decided on a whim. I hope the minimum number of distinct cards in such a chain was 3...

I deal with circles, that's not the problem. I found the problem though and tried to fix it. Those darn edge cases, I hate you, Dominion. I had a wrong end condition when you sort all cards and the normal lists at the same time, that might have been the same problem Mic Qsenoch had. I hope that it works now. I haven't tested the fix a lot, but it should work now.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 06:39:57 am »

Lists like these can also surprise you.

Apparently, I think Altar is a pretty strong card.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 07:21:14 am »

does it even make sense to use the duel mode? i understand its appeal, but it's so tedius. you need at least n log(n) duels, that's about 400 duels for the 5$ cards. in the alternative mode, i find myself using something similiar to insertion sort, which in theory takes a lot longer, but it doesn't really take long, because you just look at f.e. igg and you instantly know it needs to be somehwere near the top. you just have to find the perfect spot.

circles will also happen a lot more often in the duel mode. it's still cool though.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2014, 07:30:19 am »
+1

does it even make sense to use the duel mode? i understand its appeal, but it's so tedius. you need at least n log(n) duels, that's about 400 duels for the 5$ cards. in the alternative mode, i find myself using something similiar to insertion sort, which in theory takes a lot longer, but it doesn't really take long, because you just look at f.e. igg and you instantly know it needs to be somehwere near the top. you just have to find the perfect spot.

circles will also happen a lot more often in the duel mode. it's still cool though.
I used the duel mode, that way you don't have to spend too much time thinking and at least I got lists that I was perfectly happy with; I think it would take a lot longer to put the cards in the correct order manually and even then, I might not be completely satisfied with any list.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2014, 07:39:14 am »

I used the duel mode, that way you don't have to spend too much time thinking and at least I got lists that I was perfectly happy with; I think it would take a lot longer to put the cards in the correct order manually and even then, I might not be completely satisfied with any list.

Agreed. It's not perfect but it allows you to do it in a kind of intuitive way that feels satisfying.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2014, 07:47:14 am »

I did the full list thing. Even though I was just copying what I had on a spreadsheet, it still took me about 30 minutes to do the sort.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2014, 08:13:21 am »

I'll have a look.

I deal with circles, that's not the problem. I found the problem though and tried to fix it. Those darn edge cases, I hate you, Dominion. I had a wrong end condition when you sort all cards and the normal lists at the same time, that might have been the same problem Mic Qsenoch had. I hope that it works now. I haven't tested the fix a lot, but it should work now.

When I first logged on I sorted in the All Cards list for a while and then I got bored and switched to the separate lists, so this is almost certainly the issue I had. Good to know I wasn't crazy though.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2014, 08:33:46 am »

I did the full list thing. Even though I was just copying what I had on a spreadsheet, it still took me about 30 minutes to do the sort.

getting through all cards with duel mode equals ~ 200*ld(256) = 1600 duels. if you spend 5 sec thinking for each duel, that's 8000 sec ~ two and a half hour. and that's assuming ld(n)*n, when in reality all sorting algorithms need more than that.

unless you already sorted all individual lists and it takes that into accout. don't know how much that would change.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:36:47 am by silverspawn »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.