Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Beating Beggar/Gardens  (Read 1114 times)

achmed_sender

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: achmedsender
  • Respect: +202
    • View Profile
Beating Beggar/Gardens
« on: February 08, 2014, 08:24:49 am »
+2

Log:http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20140208/log.505d72d7a2e6fa3316de089e.1391865022341.txt

Just a thing I wanted to share.
I immediately saw Beggar/Gardens, but as 2nd player, my winning chances in a mirror were a little worse, so I went for contesting Gardens via Bishops (knew they are big counter against alt VP) and then adapting into a Governor thing. I was very surprised that this strategy could compete even if played not at all optimally (should have keeped that Loan longer for example) But of course, I don't know if I could have won if my opponent didn't miss Gardens t5, which was very unfortunately.
The funny thing is that here, Governor for cards is just very good because it helps your opponent only marginally and the otherwise superior Gold-gaining is very dangerous.

Do you guys think this was just a lucky shot or is Beggar/Gardens just the wrong choice?

Monsieur X

• Bishop
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
Re: Beating Beggar/Gardens
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 11:23:03 am »
+3

Thats very interesting to see your strategies and thats not very easy to know which one was better.

I like yours because thats unlimited points with bishop.
Considering the gardens 5/3 seems to be honest. He was unlucky to have 3 on turn 5 but it doesnt matter considering the fact he had the last one. On turn 7 you could have taken garden for 4/4 but was it better than apprentice?

Did he make mistakes? thats very hard to say. Maybe i would have taken a beggar on turn 9 instead of tunnel. He needs absolutely to 3 piles ending to win, probably duchy-garden-coppers?
Things would have been different with that 4th beggar???

I agree with you, thinking about keeping loan more turns

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.