Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61  All

Author Topic: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Serial Killer wins!)  (Read 130081 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (D1 starts!)
« Reply #700 on: April 08, 2014, 09:50:27 am »

So I say "I don't know how to argue against gut feelings" and people switch their votes to me, and Scott says it and he's townie for it?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 08, 2014, 09:54:24 am »

5 minutes for someone to hammer !
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 08, 2014, 09:54:51 am »

ADK, do you think S_P is scum ? I know you're voting for him but that doesn't mean anything in your position of course.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 08, 2014, 09:55:35 am »

Not overwhelmingly but better than null. I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped scum.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 08, 2014, 09:59:03 am »

mcmc I see you're online. You should hammer if you don't have a town read on ADK. If you do that's fine, but I think it's better to lynch a null read than no lynch.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 08, 2014, 09:59:22 am »

vote: Adk

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 08, 2014, 09:59:53 am »

Yea just got on the bus and no lynch is really bad.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 08, 2014, 10:02:48 am »

Well, I guess this is better than nothing. We need a lynch.
vote: ADK

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 08, 2014, 10:08:12 am »

Let's make D2 more interesting guys. Clowns? Elephants? Maybe fireworks?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:02 am »

Dare I say Ozle?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 08, 2014, 10:35:28 am »

THREAD LOCKED

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 08, 2014, 10:42:45 am »

Day 1 Final Vote

XerxesPraelor (1): sudgy
A Drowned Kernel (eight): Teproc, AndrewisFTTW, Voltaire, scott_pilgrim, yuma, jotheonah, mail-mi, mcmcsalot
scott_pilgrim (5): theorel, XerxesPraelor, Axxle, ashersky, A Drowned Kernel
mail-mi (1): Robz888

Not voting (0)

With 15 alive, it took 8 to lynch

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:13 am »

The situation in the conference room was chaotic, even worse than before John Rawls' proposal. Everyone was accusing one another to have committed the evil deed. "I'm sure it's one of René Descartes and Voltaire!", exclaimed Aristotle, but he was given little attention.

In all the noise, some of the philosophers remained oddly quiet. "Why aren't they talking?" asked Slavoj Žižek. "Aren't they upset? I always talk a lot when I'm upset!"

"Yes, what about Hegel and Spinoza? Don't you have something to say?", asked Schopenhauer. Now the attention was on them, but it was already getting late. "Quick, we need a decision", called Plato.

"Let's just lynch Spinoza", said Judith Butler. "I never trusted people from the other gender anyways."

With that, they grabbed Spinoza, pinned him to the conference table and stabbed his throat with a knife. As the veil of ignorance was slowly lifted upon his death, it became clear that he was not who they thought he was...

A Drowned Kernel has been lynched. He was Thomas Hobbes, the Naturalist Jailkeeper!

Night 1 has begun! Night actions are due within 24 hours. All players need to check in with the mods during the night, even if they do not have a Night action. Day 2 will start in 48 hours.

THREAD STILL LOCKED!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:26:08 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 09, 2014, 01:50:12 pm »

There was a typo in the previous post, sorry. Day 2 starts in ~22 hours. Night actions are locked. Not all players have checked in yet. If you have not, please do so until Day 2 starts.

THREAD STILL LOCKED!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 10, 2014, 10:51:50 am »

As they woke up the next morning and gathered in the conference room, they noticed that some of the attendees were missing.

„Where are Descartes and Aristotle?“, wondered Kant. The philosophers decided to search their rooms.

Voltaire knocked at Descartes' door. „René, are you in?“ But noone answered. „We need to break down the door“, said Peter Singer, and with one strong kick, he opened the door. Inside, they found René Descartes, his throat slit, lying on his bed. Above him on the wall, some words were written in his own blood: NON SUM, ERGO NON COGITO.

Horrified, they closed the door. The sight in Aristotle's chamber was no better. They found the old man beside his bed, apparently strangled from behind with a rope.

Teproc has been killed in the night. He was René Descartes, the Town-aligned 1-shot Watcher.

yuma has been killed in the night. He was Aristotle, the Vanilla Townie.

Day 2 has started!

Vote Count 2.0

Not Voting (12): XerxesPraelor, Robz888, Voltaire, jotheonah, sudgy, Axxle, mail-mi, theorel, AndrewisFTTW, scott_pilgrim, mcmcsalot, ashersky

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Day 2 ends on April 20 at noon.

THREAD UNLOCKED!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #715 on: April 10, 2014, 11:02:26 am »

So stoked about the Day 1 scum lynch, which means statistically we have this in the bag. I'm really glad I switched my vote at the last minute.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 10, 2014, 11:03:09 am »

ooh, 2 kills means we have an SK or a vig. probably good to look back at the D1 SK discussion in that light.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 10, 2014, 11:10:14 am »

Su-weet! I need a re-read.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 10, 2014, 11:19:53 am »

NON SUM, ERGO NON COGITO.

I am not, therefor I do not think?

Loving the flavor.

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 10, 2014, 11:21:35 am »

Oh, and this guaranteed not to be a Vig shot, there's no N1 Vig. It can't be PGO, can't be Hider, and those are all the ways for alternate deaths - a SK is 100% confirmed.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: April 10, 2014, 11:23:00 am »

Um, there's no possibility of vig in this game (except N3 vig).

It is possible that Teproc was killed by a 1-shot PGO, if he tried to watch them.

But, the most probable case seems to me to be that we have a SK.  But, hunting mafia seems generally more beneficial, especially when we've lynched one already.

So, to me one of the biggest question-marks is whether scott is town.  If he's town, then that pretty much clears joth to my mind, because he switched from the most viable town-wagon to his partner.  Also Voltaire and AndrewisFTTW are very likely town for choosing ADK over scott.
I found yuma and teproc super-townie after the flip also, but they're both dead...so that's unhelpful.

The last-minute switches/votes of mail-mi, mcmcsalot, and XP are not as strongly town as the others.  But still they get some town-points for it.

off-scum we have: me, Axxle, ashersky, Robz, and sudgy.  So, I'm looking at Axxle, ashersky, Robz and sudgy as the potential partners.  Given how yesterday went, Axxle, ash, and sudgy all come off pretty scummy (as I still lean towards lurkers being scum, and they were all infrequent posters).  ashersky seems especially scummy given how little presence he's had in the game (which is so very not town-ash).  But then again, Robz is self-admittedly duplicating his scum-meta.

I dunno, let's just start off with a vote on one of them, I'm going with vote: ashersky

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 10, 2014, 11:23:10 am »

Oh, and this guaranteed not to be a Vig shot, there's no N1 Vig. It can't be PGO, can't be Hider, and those are all the ways for alternate deaths - a SK is 100% confirmed.
Why can't it be PGO?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 10, 2014, 11:25:08 am »

Why can't it be PGO?

It can, you're right. I made a mistake.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 10, 2014, 11:28:25 am »

Looking back over this, I'm feeling

Town: Robz, theorel
Null: mc, yuma
Slightly scummy: teproc
scummy: Voltaire

Vote: Voltaire

ADK reads list. He seemed to be pushing Voltaire a lot but it could just be bussing. I was scum with Voltaire in ZM18 where he intentionally lurked. I'm sure you guys know scum! Voltaire better than me but I don't think he'd lurk through another game so soon after that one ended, scum or not, so I'm null but could be convinced with further knowledge of his meta. What do you guys think about that?

Before this there was a vote on Axxle. Here it is:

So it seems like people have stopped talking about theory and have are now talking about whether people should be lynched for wanting to talk about theory or not wanting to
As to who's scummy or not: it's hard to tell since most of the talk has been theory talk (besides the random wagon on Andrew) or people arguing over whether theory talk is good or not, and I have no real experience with that matter- I've never been in a game where a mass claim happened early on. I do find Axxle a little scummy for his repeated "I'll be back when theory talk is over", you can talk about stuff while other people are talking you know, or even try to stop them from doing it. Making excuses to lurk at the very least seems anti-town.

Vote: Axxle

This was ADK's first vote after a random sudgy vote. It was completely ignored which could've been the intention.

ADK reads list #2:

I don't see how I haven't "gotten much attention", there are four people voting for me, and that isn't a new thing.

Scott: lurking is within his meta as I'm familiar with it, but he could be using that to his advantage. Reading his posts, I can see the possibility for scum there, he's fairly noncommittal.

Voltaire: his posts during the Teproc/Yuma fight still seem a little scummy to me. The bit where he freaked out and drunk posted I wouldn't take as evidence either way, that's something town would do and scum would fake.

Axxle: I don't like his latest posts, or how absent he's been today (pot calling the kettle black, I know), I feel like axxle's generally more present than this. Here he shows up and says "not much to say, scott is lurking, I vote scott."

ash: is posting a lot less than he usually does as well, though he's regularly gone on the weekend and maybe he just doesn't see anything since it's day one.

People who I'm feeling towny about: Robz, theorel. They're doing a way better job of contributing to discussion than I am. After a reread Yuma looks townier than before, I get a decent vibe from his posts. joth looks fairly town after he jumps in. Not like 100% but definitely wouldn't lynch today.

XP is a lurky lurker. Is sudgy in this game? What's going on with him?

FTTW seems like normal, but I don't know what he looks like as scum.

My reread here was more of a skim, I'll admit, and I think I'll have to do a more focused one when I can early next week. People I would lynch right now would probably be scott or voltaire. I'm going to keep my vote on Voltaire, because even if he does flip town, I think we'll have a lot of interaction to look at.

And finally there's Robz, who was the first one to vote ADK, jumped off pretty early, voted joth for lurking, scott for lurking and forced posts, and finally mail-mi (huh?). Furthermore, whenever Robz says something like this:

I'm definitely playing much closer to my scum meta than my town meta, I'll say that much.

I'm inclined to think he's scum. So I think I'm gonna

vote: Robz888

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 10, 2014, 11:32:38 am »

I'm leaning scum!Robz, but that's my bias before re-reading. With a D1 scum lynch, things should be much much clearer than a gut read based off rememberances.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.