Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61  All

Author Topic: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Serial Killer wins!)  (Read 131054 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (D1 starts!)
« Reply #400 on: April 03, 2014, 05:24:03 pm »

Aw man, the wagon on me is dying before it gets really going? It's been a long time since a good ol' fashioned D1 Voltaire wagon.

whoop whoop scum alert scum alert
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 03, 2014, 05:26:34 pm »

Aw man, the wagon on me is dying before it gets really going? It's been a long time since a good ol' fashioned D1 Voltaire wagon.

Why? It's very amusing to me how people see this "obviously" scummy thing.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 03, 2014, 05:34:14 pm »

Request a prod on jotheonah

I really don't like the "lynch a lurker" thing. The problem is it gives everyone on the wagon an excuse in the lurker flips town and thus robs us of the info we would normally get from the flip. I think lynching active people can actually be very good, because it gives us info, and nature hates emptiness : ie when you lynch the most active people, other will become more active.

And I'm not too worried about this game being a bit slow anyway, I think a lot of that is RMM13.
In my experience, this just isn't true though.  When you lynch the most active people, you end up with a game where no one posts, and non-posting scum coast to victory.

When "Lynch all Lurkers, Literally" was a thing, it was because this kind of thing happened.

This is so true. For a recent example, see Super Mario Mafia
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 03, 2014, 05:35:22 pm »

I guess what interests me is why are people voting for Teproc, I still don't really get it.  Are all four of those votes actually serious?

Oh, well at least theorel has moved his vote since then.  But I was wondering theorel why did you vote for Teproc when you gave Robz a higher scum score.  Do you base your vote off of like a product of scum score and number of votes that person already has?  (Well plus a constant or something because otherwise you would automatically not lynch anyone who doesn't have any votes.)

Wait the four count is still right because yuma has voted Teproc since the last vote count, I confused myself.  4+1-1=4.  Okay I'm done talking to myself now.
Since when did scott become me?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 03, 2014, 05:37:35 pm »

It's like ... So basically you're ironically posting that you want to have a wagon on you. That's not the kind of thing town does. That's the kind of thing scum does, because scum thinks it will seem like the kind of thing scum doesn't do. It's like "look how easy and casual I am about the idea of getting lynched D1." It's a very scummy posting style.

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:59 pm »

It's like ... So basically you're ironically posting that you want to have a wagon on you. That's not the kind of thing town does. That's the kind of thing scum does, because scum thinks it will seem like the kind of thing scum doesn't do. It's like "look how easy and casual I am about the idea of getting lynched D1." It's a very scummy posting style.
I do it as town.
I've never played with Voltaire so don't know if he's the type to as well.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 03, 2014, 05:40:13 pm »

I guess what interests me is why are people voting for Teproc, I still don't really get it.  Are all four of those votes actually serious?

Oh, well at least theorel has moved his vote since then.  But I was wondering theorel why did you vote for Teproc when you gave Robz a higher scum score.  Do you base your vote off of like a product of scum score and number of votes that person already has?  (Well plus a constant or something because otherwise you would automatically not lynch anyone who doesn't have any votes.)

Wait the four count is still right because yuma has voted Teproc since the last vote count, I confused myself.  4+1-1=4.  Okay I'm done talking to myself now.
Since when did scott become me?

Since this was philosopher's mafia!  Is it getting solipsistic in here or is it just me?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 03, 2014, 05:41:36 pm »

I believe you do, because I know you and I know your meta. Coming from Voltaire up there, it felt forced and I didn't like it.

But I'm not like voting him over it or anything. Let's talk about mail-mi. I mean, having one of your 5 posts be voting someone else for lurking? Does anyone else find that a bit gross?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 03, 2014, 05:41:54 pm »

(the you above was Axxle)

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 03, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »

scott_pilgrim wasn't much better with his "I'm lurking, but joth's lurking more so vote him." Survivalist much? If you don't want to get lynched for lurking, post more. Don't point the finger of blame at the next biggest lurker.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm shocked by the lack of lurker solidarity here.

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 03, 2014, 05:45:30 pm »

Townread on Joth at this point.  This is basically exactly the same joth that got called out for lurking and then starting posting a lot in Super Mario.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 03, 2014, 05:45:43 pm »

I believe you do, because I know you and I know your meta. Coming from Voltaire up there, it felt forced and I didn't like it.

But I'm not like voting him over it or anything. Let's talk about mail-mi. I mean, having one of your 5 posts be voting someone else for lurking? Does anyone else find that a bit gross?
maybe. I'm thinking of voting Andrew though since his play here (nonexistent) is so much different than Adventure Time (trying to figure things out, and doing a damn good job at it).

I'm only at about post 250 on a full read so i'm holding off.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 03, 2014, 05:46:07 pm »

There was a flavor claim! I'm my favorite philosopher, Soren Kierkegaard. :)

Soren is the best. Soren quotes are so great. Lucky you!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 03, 2014, 05:46:34 pm »

Isn't sorin a vampire?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 03, 2014, 05:47:00 pm »

I think I want to vote for Scotty. Vote: Scott Pilgrim

He's sort of lurky and his contributions read scummy to me. Forced, maybe.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 03, 2014, 05:50:52 pm »

I don't know how many of the new players have played with multiple scumteams before, but both scum will be scumhunting at least a bit, mafia is going to try to find sk and sk is going to try to find mafia. Don't necessarily townread someone because they look like they're genuinely scumhunting. I mean they have other objectives too but that's a wrench we need to work around.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 03, 2014, 05:56:37 pm »

Town read on Axxle for trying the IC thing.

I don't think it's townie at all.  If I were scum I would totally try to bring up something like that for towncred (especially if I knew it wasn't going to work anyway, which I think Axxle would have if he were scum).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 03, 2014, 05:58:42 pm »

Town read on Axxle for trying the IC thing.

I don't think it's townie at all.  If I were scum I would totally try to bring up something like that for towncred (especially if I knew it wasn't going to work anyway, which I think Axxle would have if he were scum).

I actually think scum doesn't know that, unless they were one of the three green ones.  Then yeah, they definitely bring it up.

So slight scum read on this post from Scott.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 03, 2014, 08:13:55 pm »

maybe. I'm thinking of voting Andrew though since his play here (nonexistent) is so much different than Adventure Time (trying to figure things out, and doing a damn good job at it).

Yeah I know I'm fully aware. I was in three games at one point (ZM18 just ended so I'm in two now), and I've just been busy anyway. I'm on my way down to FL right now. Also Adventure Time was my first game (and best game? Did I peak?) and my play has changed a lot since then. I definitely don't want to lurk though, so hopefully I can get back into this one soon.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 03, 2014, 09:55:09 pm »

He should stop because he's wrong though !

Who were you mad at it Star Wars yuma ? Because I don't think it was me or XP was it ?

Where are mail-mi and sudgy ? I think joth and ash are V/LA, and Axxle will apparently be posting soon, so these two seem to be the big lurkers in this game.
Ha, fooled you!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 03, 2014, 09:55:30 pm »

Yeah I know I'm fully aware. I was in three games at one point (ZM18 just ended so I'm in two now), and I've just been busy anyway. I'm on my way down to FL right now. Also Adventure Time was my first game (and best game? Did I peak?) and my play has changed a lot since then. I definitely don't want to lurk though, so hopefully I can get back into this one soon.
You're getting better around 300. Still reserving judgement though.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 03, 2014, 10:05:40 pm »

Yeah, that sounds like town-joth. unvote

y'know lurking mail-mi reminds me of MXXX.  I'm going to join my new town-read and vote: mail-mi

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 03, 2014, 10:59:32 pm »

Okay okay I'm here for a little bit.

Let's see what is there, oooh two votes on me, that's fun, yeah I'm lurking but I'll try to be more active now.

Joth reads townier to me now that he's back, unvote.

I think I want to vote for Scotty. Vote: Scott Pilgrim

He's sort of lurky and his contributions read scummy to me. Forced, maybe.

And he seems different from his past town games. vote: scotty
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 03, 2014, 11:16:50 pm »

y'know lurking mail-mi reminds me of MXXX.  I'm going to join my new town-read and vote: mail-mi

Mail-mi has been EXTREMELY lurky as town lately.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 03, 2014, 11:23:57 pm »

Mail-mi has been EXTREMELY lurky as town lately.

Fixed.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.