Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61  All

Author Topic: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Serial Killer wins!)  (Read 131141 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (D1 starts!)
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2014, 02:20:02 pm »

"Mark this well, you proud men of action! You are, after all, nothing but unconscious instruments of the men of thought."
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

Vote Count 1.6

Teproc (2): Axxle, XerxesPraelor
XerxesPraelor (1): sudgy
yuma (1): Voltaire
jotheonah (1): mail-mi
A Drowned Kernel (4): Robz888, mcmcsalot, Teproc, AndrewisFTTW
Voltaire (3): theorel, yuma, A Drowned Kernel

Not voting (3): ashersky, jothenoah, scott_pilgrim

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Day 1 ends at 10:00 a.m. on April 8, 2014
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 01, 2014, 02:21:35 pm »

unvote

I can get to this in an hour or so.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 01, 2014, 02:37:26 pm »

Robz doesn't want me to try so hard, so sheeping seems like the way to do it... Plus it is a very good point!

Oh, still catching up. These sort of posts with an undertone of petulance* are what I am talking about.

*please understand this is not meant to be personal, I am scumhunting, and that is the most accurately descriptive word I can think of for what I believe I am seeing

I am being petulant. I will fully admit to that. Why? Because I think I am right. I feel really good about my read on Teproc, but Robz basically doesn't want me to continue having the discussion... so yeah, I am annoyed. You know the last time I got into a big fight with someone and we called each other scum all day long... Diffusion of Power with Robz. And I WAS RIGHT!

I didn't say I don't want you to continue having the discussion. I think you're blowing several different things a bit out of proportion. But yeah, I think this is pretty par for the course for town you. I'm not saying you should stop. You're fine. It's all fine.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 01, 2014, 03:25:47 pm »

He should stop because he's wrong though !

Who were you mad at it Star Wars yuma ? Because I don't think it was me or XP was it ?

Where are mail-mi and sudgy ? I think joth and ash are V/LA, and Axxle will apparently be posting soon, so these two seem to be the big lurkers in this game.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 01, 2014, 03:29:29 pm »

Who were you mad at it Star Wars yuma ? Because I don't think it was me or XP was it ?

Where are mail-mi and sudgy ? I think joth and ash are V/LA, and Axxle will apparently be posting soon, so these two seem to be the big lurkers in this game.

Sorry, I haven't been reading much as RMM13 has been taking up most of my mafia time.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2014, 03:34:23 pm »

It was efhw mostly... but the point isn't that i was frustrated with scum, but rather that i was frustrated and expressed emotion...something tha voltaire seems to think is an exclusive scum!yuma trait when it is obviously a frustrated!yuma trait...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2014, 03:35:48 pm »

I am saying something much more subtle than that, yuma.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2014, 03:38:23 pm »

I am saying something much more subtle than that, yuma.

i know and i am sorry, i am typing with one hand and cant easily go back to pull up exact quotes due to fatherly duties, but i am trying to get the general gist across now while i can

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2014, 03:39:39 pm »

That's fair, take your time.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 01, 2014, 03:51:26 pm »

Oh! This is what I get for catching up on things after replying to posts. I see I drew a yuma vote with no explanation! How scummy is that, theorel?

(answer: not very, actually.)
That was my thought.  I thought I had a good point, and he agreed with it.

I didn't read your posts as so much as agreeing with Teproc as confirming him.

For example, he said (paraphrasing here and going from memory, I'm not looking them up because I'm lazy)
"does anyone else think this is scummy from anti-claim yuma?" and you said "yes, scum-yuma."

Then, sometime later, he accused yuma of discrediting him, and OMGUS, and you said "Oh, uh this is a scum-yuma trait"

Oh uh. This is actually a scum!yuma trait.

What is ?

What you also said/pointed out. scum!yuma throws up his hands and says things that have a subtext of "then I quit" or "I'm taking my ball and going home". town!yuma gets frustrated too but I feel like they are very very different and not so hard to tell apart.

I know yuma likes to say "but I would do that as town too" about things he's done when scum but man it doesn't work that way.

Honestly, I'm still a bit confused by this because you claim Teproc had said/pointed that out...But he didn't.  Teproc never commented on yuma's petulance.
Which is pretty much what I'm finding you scummy for, it seems like you're confirming Teproc's suspicions without actually considering the basis of those suspicions.  I mean, no one else agreed with (particularly) yuma being scummy for advancing a plan for a potential SK-townie convert.  So it really felt like you just prodding Teproc into continued suspicions.

Also, why did you comment about your wagon dying?  Given that no one who has voted for you has voted elsewhere, that looks a bit survivalist to me.  Trying to convince everyone your wagon died when nothing's changed.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2014, 04:00:00 pm »

Ah, I see the source of the confusion here! I wasn't actually referring to Teproc - the "uh-oh" was after yuma's post in which he commits the scum-tell (in my opinion), and that's what I was referring to. Then, for some reason, I thought Teproc had pointed this out. but I was the first to do so.

For this confusion/mistake, I assume I will rocket up your scum-meter and several other people's.

I commented about my wagon dying off because votes came in that weren't on me by the time I caught up. I was surprised to see it was still as big as it was when the post count came in.

And why did I talk about it in the first place? Nostalgia.

Tiny scum read on you for bringing this up, because it is the textbook sort of thing scum uses to drive mislynches. But town does it too.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 01, 2014, 04:03:41 pm »

Ah, I see the source of the confusion here! I wasn't actually referring to Teproc - the "uh-oh" was after yuma's post in which he commits the scum-tell (in my opinion), and that's what I was referring to. Then, for some reason, I thought Teproc had pointed this out. but I was the first to do so.

For this confusion/mistake, I assume I will rocket up your scum-meter and several other people's.

I commented about my wagon dying off because votes came in that weren't on me by the time I caught up. I was surprised to see it was still as big as it was when the post count came in.

And why did I talk about it in the first place? Nostalgia.

Tiny scum read on you for bringing this up, because it is the textbook sort of thing scum uses to drive mislynches. But town does it too.

Mistakes are townie. I agree about the last part. I actually have a very mild scum read on theorel. I think he's referenced his scum o meter one too many times.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2014, 04:35:24 pm »

It doesn't influence my scum-read from the last post.  I mean, I've just trained myself to say "I'm confused" instead of "you made a mistake", because y'know maybe I made the mistake.  From what you're saying, I didn't make the mistake, so the rest of my post holds.

Thinking about it, I've had scum-reads on you in other games we've played (maybe all of them?), and through reasoned discourse, they always dissipate.

Anyways, Robz drops in scumminess as he likes to town-read me as scum I think (though maybe he's gotten over that?)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2014, 04:42:50 pm »

I also have an increasing town-read on Robz.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2014, 04:44:24 pm »

I sure am looking at a tough Day 3.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 01, 2014, 04:46:01 pm »

"Why are you still alive Robz ?"
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »

Think you're getting Vig-ed as an IC?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2014, 05:05:07 pm »

Three mafia games at once is really kicking my ass. I'm going to especially dedicate some time to this one tomorrow.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2014, 05:09:17 pm »

Think you're getting Vig-ed as an IC?

I'm thinking, good thing I'm not scum!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2014, 05:19:52 pm »

I can get to this in an hour or so.
April Fools!

We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 01, 2014, 05:48:10 pm »

That's fair, take your time.

Ok getting back to this and I'll try not to get into another super argument about this:

So to start in the past I think it was Adventure time speccy you made the comment that for me frustration was a scum tell. You stated this based off two games I believe... AdventureTime and DWII... both were games where I was frustrated.  I later stated that this just isn't true... after I was lynched and no longer had a motivation to lie.

I maintain that this isn't true and have used examples from games where I was town and frustrated to back this up.

Now this game: you say this:
Oh uh. This is actually a scum!yuma trait.

Followed by this:
What you also said/pointed out. scum!yuma throws up his hands and says things that have a subtext of "then I quit" or "I'm taking my ball and going home". town!yuma gets frustrated too but I feel like they are very very different and not so hard to tell apart.

I know yuma likes to say "but I would do that as town too" about things he's done when scum but man it doesn't work that way.

You don't show how they are so different or easy to tell apart. If you can, tell us why... because you are obviously wrong here from my perspective--and from the perspective of quite a few players who find me townie atm.

You then bring up petulance, which I respond to and Teproc asks me a question about it which I answer bringing up Diffusion of Power and Star Wars two games where I was frustrated and had similar reactions I think of petulance.

Thus you can see how I see what you saying being something that you have maintained in the past--regardless of alignment--that is false about myself--as you are basing it off only a subset of games that you have been in with me rather than the entire whole of it--and potentially using that predetermined idea about me as a shield to vote for me here, perhaps as scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 01, 2014, 06:18:17 pm »

You don't show how they are so different or easy to tell apart. If you can, tell us why... because you are obviously wrong here from my perspective--and from the perspective of quite a few players who find me townie atm.

Why bring this up ? Why is it relevant how many people have a town read on you ?

As far as the frustration = scum!yuma thing, I do think it has been true in past games, however I don't see this kind of frustration here at all : in fact I don't see you being frustrated at all so I'm not entirely sure what Voltaire is talking about.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 01, 2014, 06:21:03 pm »

Why bring this up ? Why is it relevant how many people have a town read on you ?

As far as the frustration = scum!yuma thing, I do think it has been true in past games, however I don't see this kind of frustration here at all : in fact I don't see you being frustrated at all so I'm not entirely sure what Voltaire is talking about.

I am bringing it up because Voltaire is the only one I think who believes I abide by this meta. Obviously others don't think this way otherwise they would be voting for me if this meta analysis were true and always accurate. So I am saying to Voltaire that he is alone in this assumption because he is alone in basing this meta assignment to me after seeing two games but is ignoring (or wasn't around to see) the other games in such a way as other players were.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 01, 2014, 06:39:22 pm »

Ive been at school. And writing a 10 page paper.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 01, 2014, 07:30:17 pm »

Let me get to this later. I will but with several ongoing games this one is the youngest so I need to drop it down.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.