Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Goko Is Games That No One Can Play  (Read 55423 times)

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Is Games That No One Can Play
« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2015, 07:43:21 pm »
+1

Exactly. It's good to get someone from MF coming in here and tell us what's going on.

On the bright side, it does seem like the new version will be much better. I just hope I can also play it on my laptop. I don't want to buy a tablet just to play Dominion.

All of my experience with stuff done in Unity is that it works most easily on non-mobile OS, then gets ported to mobile (see: Hearthstone).

If they had started with a mobile app, then mobile-only might have been a viable marketing strategy.
But you can't start with (essentially) a desktop-based implementation, then dump support for desktops to focus on mobile-only.
At least not without losing a huge chunk of whatever market you've already established.

Personally, if they can make a version that works well on Android, I will play online a whole lot more than I currently do.
There is zero talk of not supporting computers.
Sorry, I didn't mean for that comment to sound like a complaint.
I was trying to reiterate that there's no way they would dump support for desktop, because it would be suicidal.
On the other hand, a native mobile app would be a huge win, IMO.
And I would argue that, oh never mind.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2015, 01:26:45 pm »

So I play mostly casual games with a friend from university who's currently working in China - except I usually don't, because MF fails to load a game for him about half the time and it takes about 4+ minutes to load a game when it does succeed. Conversely, I load the game almost instantly

Does anyone know why this kind of problem occurs? It happens regardless if my friend is on VPN, so the Great Firewall doesn't seem to be the problem.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2015, 02:07:33 pm »

So I play mostly casual games with a friend from university who's currently working in China - except I usually don't, because MF fails to load a game for him about half the time and it takes about 4+ minutes to load a game when it does succeed. Conversely, I load the game almost instantly

Does anyone know why this kind of problem occurs? It happens regardless if my friend is on VPN, so the Great Firewall doesn't seem to be the problem.

China probably has worse routers and stuff. Have you seen their cheap knockoffs of our products and cars?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2015, 02:09:34 pm »

He doesn't have problem loading random webpages, it's just MF that's being an MF...

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2015, 02:13:39 pm »

China probably has worse routers and stuff. Have you seen their cheap knockoffs of our products and cars?

...not sure if serious or sarcasm
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2015, 02:23:02 pm »

...not sure if serious or sarcasm

Sarcasm.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.