Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion videos by markusin  (Read 3839 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Dominion videos by markusin
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:59:20 pm »
+4

There have been so many times where I wished that I recorded the game of Dominion I just played with my commentary on why I made certain choices. I mean, I enjoy watching videos of other people playing Dominion with their commentary.

With Gokodom III coming up, I finally decided to try my hand at making Dominion videos of my own. A big thank you to jsh357 for his tutorial on how one can go about this, which you can find here. I took things one step at a time, and soon enough I succeeded at recording a Dominion video.

I used Livestream Procaster to record. My biggest issue was having the video be of a high enough quality when uploaded to youtube. I ended up being satisfied with a 16:9, 1280pxx720px resolution with a target bitrate of 1200bps, with the video cropped to fit the Goko interface as best as possible at that resolution.

Anyway, here's the link to my current test video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ApheajqWU
And my channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/markusincot/videos

This is far from being the first video I uploaded, but I took the others down due to unsatisfactory video quality.

I must say, it's pretty insightful to watch your own videos. You find all sorts of places where you played sub-optimally or where you made assumptions that don't necessarily apply to the current situation.

I am aware that I speak a bit fast at times and that I sometimes slur my words because of that. You can also hear the mouse clicks while I'm recording. Any feedback on how to improve the video, both in regards to technical issues and content, are welcome.

I will of course ask for consent from my opponent if I decide to record a game. For now, I'm just hoping to record some of my games during GokoDom III for those that might be interested in catching the action.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion videos by markusin
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:05:22 pm »

I've officially begun the process of adding videos of me playing Dominion against human opponents on Goko. I had some issues with the recording software interface blocking the chat, but I have since learned I can minimize the interface and just use hotkeys.

Stay tuned.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 03:07:55 pm »

On gokodom III round 7 game 2 a herald was trap and alchemist stack was correct, but your opponent misplayed that.

There are several problems with herald, one that it is too slow, An alchemist/throne room/ambassador will sooner start drawing a deck and playing two throned ambassadors per turn which completely jams heralds.

And second problem are rats. Once opponent buys rats and returns you two good luck with avoiding them with herald.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »

On gokodom III round 7 game 2 a herald was trap and alchemist stack was correct, but your opponent misplayed that.

There are several problems with herald, one that it is too slow, An alchemist/throne room/ambassador will sooner start drawing a deck and playing two throned ambassadors per turn which completely jams heralds.

And second problem are rats. Once opponent buys rats and returns you two good luck with avoiding them with herald.
I know which game you're talking about, Ambassador/Hears + Herald/Alchemist (not a GokoDom game). You're absolutely right about the Herald, and having even a single Herald was throwing me off, what with hitting an ambassador at the wrong time. Still not sure about Alchemist. You spend a lot of time getting the alchemists when you could be getting other stuff and hitting 3p, but then again the game will go on for a long time. I guess there's nothing better to do than alchemists in the end.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 10:33:18 pm »

Here is the link to my stream of a best of 6-7 (Dominion Online Championship 2017 rules) against SamE, who wanted some practice matches before his Quarterfinals match against LazyDog for the Dominion Online Championship 2017.

Edit: Higher quality version.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 06:35:52 am by markusin »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.