Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: 206th card  (Read 60325 times)

itchiko

• Baron
  • Hear me roar
  • Respect: +81
    • View Profile
Re: 206th card
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 04:09:30 pm »

I think the best promo ever would be either a corrected version of either scout or rebuild but i would not count on that.

So instead i will bet the new promo will be an alternate victory card.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 04:16:52 pm »

I think the best promo ever would be either a corrected version of either scout or rebuild but i would not count on that.

You correct those cards by making them more powerful and weaker, respectively, so if they got corrected, the original versions would get even worse.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

itchiko

• Baron
  • Hear me roar
  • Respect: +81
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 05:45:56 pm »

You correct those cards by making them more powerful and weaker, respectively, so if they got corrected, the original versions would get even worse.

I really was thinking new card named Scout and/Or Rebuild with the same previous art. So a real Errata to replace the previous cards completely and not just new cards with the same kind of idea but at a correct power level/ price (there have been already several of those for scout already)

But yes i know we will not see actual errata of cards that really would need them (even if there's only very few of those). But one can dream ^^

manthos88

• Bishop
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 07:35:07 am »

Seeing the various posts makes me think that Donald could perhaps publish that Hybrid Victory Card he was talking about in the Guilds' Secret History:

For a bit I kind of wanted a new action-victory card, and tried +1 Action, reveal a card from your hand for the corresponding Ironworks bonus, 2 VP, for $4. It was fine but I mostly just liked that it was an action-victory card.

But i'm thinking that the concept is quite simple to make for a promo card, so i don't think we will ever see this (at least not as a promo).

I'd LOVE to see the Balcony, though...
Just give me a mega-turn engine and take my soul...

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 08:10:40 am »

The thing about promo cards is that they are designed as promotional tools.  I don't know the history on the existing promos, but wasn't Stash published to commemorate Dominion winning the SdJ?  And Governor and Walled Village for anniversaries of Puerto Rico and Carcassonne?

What is happening this year that would prompt a promo?  My guess is that this will be the online-only promo intended to promote Goko.
Well you *do* need a signature...

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 08:57:43 am »

The thing about promo cards is that they are designed as promotional tools.  I don't know the history on the existing promos, but wasn't Stash published to commemorate Dominion winning the SdJ?  And Governor and Walled Village for anniversaries of Puerto Rico and Carcassonne?

What is happening this year that would prompt a promo?  My guess is that this will be the online-only promo intended to promote Goko.

No, that's separate. I believe it's been made clear that this is a physical promo.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 09:14:25 am »

No, that's separate. I believe it's been made clear that this is a physical promo.

When/where was this?  The only info I have is from that BGG thread.
Well you *do* need a signature...

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 09:18:15 am »
+1

When/where was this?  The only info I have is from that BGG thread.

Huh, you may be right that it wasn't made clear. Perhaps I misremembered. Sorry about that. I think he would have specified if he meant online-only promo, though. Otherwise people will be upset when they expected a physical one. Someone can ask Donald to confirm.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 11:29:34 am »
+4

We already have a corrected Scout.  It's called Cartographer.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 02:38:39 pm »
+2

We already have a corrected Scout.  It's called Cartographer.

They are called Cartographer and Vagrant.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 03:25:51 pm »
+9

My guess is that this will be the online-only promo intended to promote Goko.

It'll be a card to celebrate the return of isotropic.

;)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2014, 03:58:19 pm »

I would weep tears of joy into a Duchess's shoulder.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2014, 04:59:19 pm »

Aren't promos usually related to another game, like Governor -> Puerto Rico? And the mechanics try to draw on the mehcanics of that game

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2014, 05:14:54 pm »

Aren't promos usually related to another game, like Governor -> Puerto Rico? And the mechanics try to draw on the mehcanics of that game

Of the five released Promos, only Governor really matches that description.  Walled Village was a Carcassonne tie-in, but it's not visible in the mechanics.  Black Market and Stash are card ideas that would have been tricky to fit into an expansion.  Envoy is dead to me because Goko refuse to take my money.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 05:20:10 pm »

Of the five released Promos, only Governor really matches that description.  Walled Village was a Carcassonne tie-in, but it's not visible in the mechanics.  Black Market and Stash are card ideas that would have been tricky to fit into an expansion.  Envoy is dead to me because Goko refuse to take my money.

I got Envoy. I seem to be the only person in all of goko to have it.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2014, 05:40:37 pm »

I have it!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2014, 05:45:45 pm »
+2

I have it!
I read this as "I hate it!" as first.

EDIT:
I have Envoy as well (got 300 shields before Stash and Black Market were available, so went for other 3 promos).
I also read this as "I hate Envoy as well" first.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:11:51 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2014, 05:50:31 pm »

I have Envoy as well (got 300 shields before Stash and Black Market were available, so went for other 3 promos).

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2014, 09:21:23 pm »

I just got it, too!   :)

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2014, 10:13:58 pm »
+6

Goko
Action - $3

+2 Coins. Each player trashes the top card of their deck, representing their favorite online gaming platform, and gains a sucky card of supposedly equal value that you choose.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2014, 01:27:34 am »
+5

Goko
Action - $3

+2 Coins. Each player trashes the top card of their deck, representing their favorite online gaming platform, and gains a sucky card of supposedly equal value that you choose.

Hmm…

Goko
Action - $4

Trash a card costing $0 from your hand. If you do, the player to your left chooses a card in the supply costing $3 or more. Gain that.

elahrairah13

• Spy
  • Respect: +73
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2014, 08:53:33 pm »

Goko
Action - $3

Hmm…

Goko
Action - $4

Trash a card costing $0 from your hand. If you do, the player to your left chooses a card in the supply costing $3 or more. Gain that.

This only works if you used Highway or Bridge to make Grand Market cost $0, then you trash it and Reverse Highway/Bridge to make Copper cost $3 (although I suppose one could argue that Goko has worked its way up to Silver level, when you use the extension)

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2014, 05:27:45 am »
+2

This only works if you used Highway or Bridge to make Grand Market cost $0, then you trash it and Reverse Highway/Bridge to make Copper cost $3 (although I suppose one could argue that Goko has worked its way up to Silver level, when you use the extension)
so Salvager isn´t a Salvager but a Coppersmith  ;D

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2014, 09:09:10 am »
+2

Goko
Action - $3

Hmm…

Goko
Action - $4

Why hasn't this got any upvotes? Not only is it funny, it's also not that bad as a card concept to work with.

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: serakfalcon
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2014, 10:23:50 am »
+2

Goko
Action - $3

Hmm…

Goko
Action - $4

More like:

Goko
Action - $4
Each Player reveals the top two cards of their deck. If the first card costs 5 or more, that player must leave the table for at least as many minutes as the cost in coins of the second card. (The player may get a drink, preferably something strong). Each player may trash a card. If a player that is not the active player trashes a card costing more than the most expensive card the player revealed, the player must play the remainder of their turn with their hand facing away from them. Their turn does not end if they attempt to play a card that cannot be played (for example, Estate) but the buy phase will be triggered if they play a treasure.
---
Setup Instructions:
If you do not have Goko Salvager, you must hop around your house/apartment/building visiting each occupied room in the house/apartment/building you are playing in at least once and possibly twice before you can start a game. Goko is a required part of the supply. You may not play dominion without it. It does not take up a kingdom slot however, add it to the game in the same manner you add potions/platinums/colonies.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:27:06 am by serakfalcon »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.