Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Reactions are confusing, man  (Read 27688 times)

buggibum

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Re: Reactions are confusing, man
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2012, 09:08:12 am »

This might be a BUG report, im not sure:

I don't know if it's a bug or it's the right way it is implemented in iso.
Secret Chamber was on the board as the bane card for the Young Witch.

I just played a game where my opponent attacked me with an Oracle.

Now it asked me to reveal Secret Chamber. I said yes and drew 2 cards and put back 2 cards.
Now it asked me again. I said again yes and drew 2 cards and put back 2 cards again.
Now it asked me again. Ok i thought it was repetive, so i leaved it by that, so nothing else happended.

Some rounds later my opponent attacked me with Torturer.
I revealed SC. Drew 2 cards and put back 2 cards.
It asked me again then... After the 3rd time i decided to select none this time and the attack went through.
So i have to decide if a want a curse in hand or discard 2 cards. BUG?

Next time my opponent played Young with.
This time i decided to reveal my SC every time and see how long it takes.
After the 4th time of revealing, drawing and put back 2 cards the event stopped.

Ok i don't know if it's the right way to be played like that, but if yes, i don't understand why it asked me 4 times. And if i don't reveal it 4 times the attack goes through. Can't reach the game report right now. Will post it if there is need for tomorrow, when its on councilroom.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2012, 09:46:42 am »
+1

It asks you multiple times because you're allowed to reveal Secret Chamber multiple times. That is, if someone plays an Attack and you have a Secret Chamber in hand, you're allowed to swap out the top cards of your deck as many times as you want, as long as the Secret Chamber stays in your hand. (Occasionally this makes a difference.) Once you've swapped out your top cards as many times as you want, you can stop revealing Secret Chamber.

Secret Chamber never stops attacks from going through, except when it's the Bane for Young Witch. If someone plays Torturer and you have Secret Chamber in hand, you're going to be discarding or taking a curse no matter what.

buggibum

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2012, 09:55:46 am »

Ahhh thanks. It was so confusing because the oracel makes a similar thing and all cases went nuts here. :D But i guess its a good test for the uses of SC in multiple cases. :D

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2012, 05:11:16 pm »

I believe that for Secret Chamber as the bane for Young Witch, it should ask you separately whether you want to reveal it as a response to an attack (to flip around the top cards of your deck) and whether to reveal it as a Bane for Young Witch? Or something?

Secret chamber is weird. In general, reactions CAN be revealed multiple times, but in virtually all cases there's no benefit to doing so; in the case of Young Witch/Secret Chamber, you DO have to reveal it twice, for different reasons. So  you might have to say 'yes, no, yes' to the isotropic prompts if you want to reveal it for its ability, then not reveal it again for its ability, and then reveal it for the bane.

I don't know why it asked you four times. Maybe Doug put in a thing where it only lets you reveal four times, because even though you COULD reveal it more according to the rules, that's just stupid and you should cut people off so they don't stall.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +596
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2012, 05:18:38 pm »

It asks you multiple times because you're allowed to reveal Secret Chamber multiple times. That is, if someone plays an Attack and you have a Secret Chamber in hand, you're allowed to swap out the top cards of your deck as many times as you want, as long as the Secret Chamber stays in your hand. (Occasionally this makes a difference.)

Now I'm curious.  When does it make a difference to reveal Secret Chamber multiple times in response to the same attack, thereby swapping cards around from your decktop/hand multiple times?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 05:26:10 pm »
+1

Reveal a secret chamber. Draw a moat, put two cards back. Reveal the moat. Reveal the secret chamber, put the moat back on top of the deck.

I have never seen it actually happen, but it theoretically could. There might be other equally weird cases, which would equally never actually happen. (I don't even know whether ISO would handle that case properly, with multiple reactions like that...)

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
  • Highest Rank/Rating: 58/5600
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2015, 12:53:53 am »

Who told you that you can reveal a reaction card multiple times, in response to the same event?
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." - William Lyon Phelps

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2015, 12:59:51 am »
+1

Who told you that you can reveal a reaction card multiple times, in response to the same event?

I believe the Intrigue rulebook says it. And it's been discussed a lot here and answered by Donald X more than once.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2015, 01:46:49 am »
+4

You can reveal Secret Chamber multiple times for the same attack (whether or not you put another reaction in-between). It's still the window of time for revealing reactions in response to the attack, and we don't know if your Secret Chamber is the same one you revealed before or not. So you just get to keep doing it. This is spelled out in the Intrigue rulebook.

The main set rulebook doesn't talk about revealing Moat multiple times, because it's redundant. Secret Chamber possibly matters though (e.g. Secret Chamber, getting Moat from the top, then Moat, then Secret Chamber again to put the Moat back on top).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.