Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!  (Read 100248 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:23:05 pm »

RMM14: Arrested Development Mafia

Mods: yuma PPS

This is a Role Madness Game designed specifically for 9 players.

Players:
1. Voltaire
2. Walrus - Steve Holt!, the Good, Dumb Jock lynched Day3 and George Michael Bluth, the Partial Deathproof Remover
3. faust
4. jotheonah - Carl Weathers, the Day Rolestealing Vigilante Lynched Day2 and Tobias Fumke, the Analrapist killed Night2
5. ashersky - Lucille Austero, the Vertigo Redirector Lynched Day1 and Lucille Bluth, the Aid-Required Vigilante Killed Night1
6. EFHW
7. xeiron
8. Archetype
9. Eevee - Annyong, the Temporary Vanillaizer Killed Day2 and Buster Bluth, the Paranoid Hook Owning Babysitter Killed Night2

Spectators Tagged: TwistedArcher, Jimmmmm, liopoil, Teproc, 2.7

f.ds Mafia Ruleset

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for this game. If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play here.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable, check with the mod if you need clarifications.
2. Personal communication outside of the forum postings is NOT ALLOWED unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to all mods by the posted deadline (generally 24 hours from Night start. If we do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used. Generally, one team member may submit the Night Actions for all team members. See rule 7 under miscellaneous below if you anticipate being VLA while having a PR.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage), unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase, unless your Action is compulsory. If you have an action that is compulsive you action will be determined randomly.
6. As a general rule you should aim for more than one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. Please treat this game as a commitment. If you can't commit to this game because of outside activities/responsibilities, other forum games or other contributing factors please /out before the start of the game.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics, except for twilight. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent, but will be invited to the Spectator Quicktopic.
8. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others. If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.
9. This game will have 8 day deadlines and 2 days nights.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game. In the event of an incorrect vote count the mod has the right to revert the game state back to the state before the erroneous vote count. This means that any votes cast in the meantime will become void. Any time that was lost during this even will be added back onto for deadlines. Please note that if a mistake is not caught before a flip, the erroneous vote count will become binding.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 24 hours of no activity (VLA posts in the official VLA thread negate automatic prods). A prodded player has 24 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement or being mod killed, if the game has progressed too far to sub in a new player, without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, or beyond.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
If you have a Power Role and go on VLA for longer than 2 days (the time period of a Night) please submit a temporary Night Action before leaving on VLA. This will be a placeholder action in the event that you will be absent during the night. Failure to submit an action before leaving will result in a "no action" that night.
8. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread. A request to /out must only be done via a PM to the moderator. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique. (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players will only be replaced through Night2. Any players that /out after that point will be mod-killed. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed.

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:53:14 pm by yuma »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Signups Open Now!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:23:18 pm »

Game Setup

This is a Role Madness Game designed specifically for 9 players. In designing this game balance has been sought, but is not guaranteed. There are roles that have been created, adapted and altered from their original purpose. No roles are considered exclusively bastard. There will be no cults, jesters and only one mafia team (for clarification a SK is not considered to be a mafia team). This game will hopefully be wacky, fun and balanced. But as with many RMM games it has the potential to be very swingy depending on how players use their night actions and how players vote during the day.

Flavor is not indicative of alignment in any form. Roles were instead created around the flavor, so flavor is very important for the roles, but again, not specifically for the alignment of characters. There is one facet of the game that some may consider to be bastard, however the mod ensures you that it has been accounted for and has been designed in such a way to make it not bastard. This game will feature of myriad of roles, some of these roles will be subject to or create misinformation. However there will be no mod lying.

This game will have 8 day long days and 2 day long nights, with the deadline for night actions being 1 day. This game will not always appear to be what it seems and due to game mechanics may be longer than some of you are expecting a 9-player game to be.

No copying of any private mod text, fabricated or real is allowed in any form, including in f.ds quotes in quotation marks or without quotation marks. Each player will receive a youtube video in conjunction to their role for fun. This may not be shared in any shape or form, nor may it be "paraphrased" if you think you can somehow paraphrase a video clip. Please paraphrase everything except for 1. role names, 2. flavor names, 3. alignment. PM the mod if you are unsure about something and want to see if it is acceptable to post. This will be strictly enforced and there will be little tolerance of any such activity. As such I will repeat this warning a few times to make sure that everyone playing is fully aware of the rule.

Win conditions are stated here:

Town: Your win condition is to eliminate all threats to the Bluth Family.

Non-Town: Your win condition is to eliminate all other players and only have your faction be alive at the end of the game or reach a game state where nothing can prevent it.

I will also note that while not specifically mentioned pre-game, the mafia will be aware of the alignment faction name that town will have.

Please PM the mod with question regarding your role. I will be hopefully publishing a Night Action resolution chart here in the next few days. As some of these roles in the game have been created and modified some roles may not fit into the slot which you or others may expect, but there will be a clear established order from the outset for roles and their interactions with each other.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:55:19 pm by yuma »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 12:24:41 pm »

The following players expressed interest in the game beforehand and may get priority seating depending on a myriad of factors:

Eevee, archetype, Dsell, Voltaire, Robz, ashersky

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:27:13 pm »

Confirming still /in if there's space. (I think it was only ash who was doing the "sign up by PM" thing?)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:29:22 pm »

Confirming still /in if there's space. (I think it was only ash who was doing the "sign up by PM" thing?)

To clarify, this will be done via conventional /inning into the thread. The above players were just players who mentioned when I announced that this would be running (in other threads) that they would be greatly interested in playing this.

No one has /inned via PM, nor do I expect people to /in in that format.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 12:41:36 pm »

/in if space
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 01:20:46 pm »

A nice quick RMM game sounds good. I don't have any idea about the flavor, though.

/in
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 01:22:22 pm »

No copying of any mod text, fabricated or real is allowed in any form

I hope this does not mean we're not allowed to quote your posts in this thread. If so, I fear I have just violated the rules and have to be modkilled pre-game.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 01:52:31 pm »

Hmm. I really feel like I'm quickly getting bogged down in Forum stuff, and I can barely keep up in the games I AM in...

Ah, screw it. Can't pass it up. /in
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 02:06:51 pm »

Tag

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 02:38:11 pm »

Auto /in for yumagames.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:55 pm »

/in

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 03:26:17 pm »

/tag

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 03:29:05 pm »

No copying of any mod text, fabricated or real is allowed in any form

I hope this does not mean we're not allowed to quote your posts in this thread. If so, I fear I have just violated the rules and have to be modkilled pre-game.

that should say "private mod text"

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 03:33:36 pm »

Tag

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 04:12:31 pm »

As awesome as this sounds, I cannot commit to mafia right now. I appreciate the consideration, though, and I'll eagerly follow along if I'm able!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 04:18:16 pm »

Someone should make Diet Mafia where the days are 5 days long and the nights are 2 days!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 04:27:45 pm »

/tag
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 05:24:46 pm »

/in! AM I TOO LATE?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 05:30:17 pm »

/in

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 06:17:21 pm »

So..... that filled up extraordinarily quick... Now I feel a lot of pressure for this to be awesome...

Everyone that had a desire to play beforehand has contacted me or /inned. So I guess at this point I'll be accepting potential subs--but I hope we don't have any secretly...

PMs will be going out shortly if everyone is ok with starting in the next little bit. I would like to get Day1 started before Diffusion of Power starts Day2.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 06:56:58 pm »

You know what, I really should /out. I'm sorry, I just do not have the time.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 07:14:21 pm »

wow. gee thanks for the vote of confidence guys :P

if you wanted to be in this, but its full, you can still be in wheel of time mafia!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 07:58:48 pm »

PMs will be going out shortly if everyone is ok with starting in the next little bit. I would like to get Day1 started before Diffusion of Power starts Day2.

Oh hmm that seems strange. I was hoping this would start a touch later so that there weren't two games in the early stages at once. I'll stay /in either way.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 07:59:10 pm »

Bolded Purple Text.... 8)

and an edited post...

I actually had to wait so I could get the satisfaction of having the forum report the post edited.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:00:31 pm by pingpongsam »
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 19 queries.