Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Live Streaming for GokoDom III!  (Read 84442 times)

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: Live Streaming for GokoDom III!
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2014, 08:21:58 am »
+2

it looks to me like it is scrolled up, and new chat messages (that are in sync with the video), are appearing well below the screen, and we only see them once they are pushed up by even newer chat messages.

Ah, okay.  I think I know what the problem is then.

Dear AI,

are you going to announce it somewhere when you have re-uploaded the video with your audio commentary? I am looking forward to seeing it.

Yes.

Improved versions of the videos for my match with JOG are up on my GokoDom III Finals youtube playlist.

I mostly fixed the game-vs-chat sync problem with games 7 and 8.  It can't be perfectly fixed because the recording itself is flawed, but I was able to get reasonably close.

I've uploaded games 9 and 10 with SCSN and Mic Q doing live their commentary.  Unfortunately, my secondary OBS recording that was supposed to capture the twitch chat room didn't work right.

JOG and I did post-game audio commentary for games 1, 2, and 5.  After doing the 36-minute-long game 5, we decided that we just didn't have enough to talk about during all that time to warrant doing to same for games 3,4,6,7,8.

One solution would be to strategically accelerate those games so that they run for 10-15 minutes instead of 25-40.  It probably wouldn't work all that well to just 3x the whole video though, so it really would require some effort to identify and selectively accelerate through the parts where I'm apparently just sitting there meditating.  And I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, so while I'd be happy to participate in more post-game commentary, someone else would have to do the video editing to accelerate the games.  Any volunteers?
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2014, 04:54:04 am »

One solution would be to strategically accelerate those games so that they run for 10-15 minutes instead of 25-40.  It probably wouldn't work all that well to just 3x the whole video though, so it really would require some effort to identify and selectively accelerate through the parts where I'm apparently just sitting there meditating.  And I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, so while I'd be happy to participate in more post-game commentary, someone else would have to do the video editing to accelerate the games.  Any volunteers?
I could do that if nobody else is willing, though with my connection, getting the edited files back to you might take a while.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2014, 05:15:38 am »

I could do that if nobody else is willing, though with my connection, getting the edited files back to you might take a while.

Thanks!  And please don't feel obligated if you start doing it and decide the task is just too intolerably boring.  :P

As encoded, it's about 300 MB for games 3,4,6,7,8 all combined.  So depending on how aggressively you accelerate and your settings for reencoding, it might not be more than 100 MB or so that you'd have to upload back.

I'm uploading them to a public Google Drive folder right now: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0XpKAqh3XUTam14ZC1adkkyODA&usp=sharing

I can't imagine all this reencoding is good for the video quality, but we'll see what we get.  Right now it's at 250kpbs, 10 fps, and a very low keyframe rate (1/30s, i think).  That last is very important to getting good quality Dominion at a low bitrate.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2014, 06:15:04 pm »

If this gets done could someone post here about it? I may find myself with some time this week and I might go ahead and do this if nobody else has.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2014, 07:32:12 am »
+2

michaeljb and I will be playing the rest of the KDC finalists tonight for fun at 7:30PM Eastern (UTC-4) and I'll be streaming it.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2014, 07:25:14 pm »
+1

michaeljb and I will be playing the rest of the KDC finalists tonight for fun at 7:30PM Eastern (UTC-4) and I'll be streaming it.

Going live now!

http://www.twitch.tv/adamhorton

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2014, 08:52:40 pm »

Thanks!  And please don't feel obligated if you start doing it and decide the task is just too intolerably boring.  :P

As encoded, it's about 300 MB for games 3,4,6,7,8 all combined.  So depending on how aggressively you accelerate and your settings for reencoding, it might not be more than 100 MB or so that you'd have to upload back.

I'm uploading them to a public Google Drive folder right now: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0XpKAqh3XUTam14ZC1adkkyODA&usp=sharing

I can't imagine all this reencoding is good for the video quality, but we'll see what we get.  Right now it's at 250kpbs, 10 fps, and a very low keyframe rate (1/30s, i think).  That last is very important to getting good quality Dominion at a low bitrate.
Oh, right, I was supposed to do this too. I'm going to start tomorrow.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2014, 05:35:22 am »

When the audio is being added, there is no reason to re-encode again, right? So I should just try to make the optimal compromise between quality and file size here. EDIT: I can get them down to ~10MB per video with a tolerable (and I'm really picky) quality.

Also, I tried doing this with AviSynth, which would've been pretty nice since uploading the script would have been enough, but alas, for some reason, AvsPmod doesn't want to show the preview of the video for these files even though it works fine on others :(. And it's just too much of a hassle to do it with Notepad and MPC-HC.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:54:18 am by Awaclus »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2014, 05:49:47 am »

So, I forgot about this again. Are people still interested in this?

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2014, 06:08:06 am »

You are right. I honestly dont know.
Greetings,
SirDagen
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.