Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Live Streaming for GokoDom III!  (Read 84443 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Live Streaming for GokoDom III!
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2014, 09:39:56 pm »
+1

Congratulations, Adam.

It is so nice that "our last streamer" is still part of the match.
Go, do it, and beat AI, regardless of any chances suggested by any leaderboards.

Thanks, I'm glad people are enjoying watching this amazing run.  ;D

My semifinal match with AI will be on Wednesday night at 9PM Eastern (GMT-4). This is a rematch of my round 3 game where I was crushed, hopefully I'll do better this time!
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Monsieur X

• Bishop
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2014, 11:06:25 am »

oh nooooooooooooooo.... i thougth it was now... but thats 3am for me!!!
can we have a link to look at the match next?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2014, 11:08:59 am »

oh nooooooooooooooo.... i thougth it was now... but thats 3am for me!!!
can we have a link to look at the match next?

Sure, when I'm done streaming I'll put a link in this thread for those who don't want any spoilers

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2014, 08:57:12 pm »

My semifinal match with AI will be on Wednesday night at 9PM Eastern (GMT-4). This is a rematch of my round 3 game where I was crushed, hopefully I'll do better this time!

Going live shortly!

http://www.twitch.tv/adamhorton

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2014, 12:54:03 am »

Going live shortly!

Here's the stream (no spoilers!), 3 hours and 45 minutes long http://www.twitch.tv/adamhorton/b/526808555
First game starts at about 17 minutes in.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2014, 07:37:26 am »

Going live shortly!

3AM for me, too bad. Will watch it today or tomorrow evening
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2014, 08:13:10 am »
+7

The for-funsies third place match between michaeljb and myself will be on Tuesday, May 20 at 7PM Eastern (UTC-4) and I'll be streaming it!

After the finals match tonight I'll be shutting my eyes and ears to the forums so that I can remain unspoiled about the kingdoms we'll be playing, since we'll be using the same ones as in the finals. It will be exciting!

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2014, 07:14:33 pm »
+3

Streaming the GokoDom III final at http://www.twitch.tv/ragingduckd.  Starting at 5 PM PDT (45 min from now).
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2014, 02:21:41 am »
+3

Streaming the GokoDom III final at http://www.twitch.tv/ragingduckd.  Starting at 5 PM PDT (45 min from now).

The raw video of the games is available on the twitch.tv page.

I'd also like to upload the recording I made of the twitch.tv page itself.  That includes the spectators' comments in the twitch chat rooom.  Is there a way to upload that video to twitch also, or do I have to host it somewhere else?

Match Result: Not yet decided!  So far it's tied at 4-4.  We'll be heading into extra innings on Saturday or Sunday (tbd).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:37:14 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2014, 05:33:03 pm »

The video isn't loading for me. Are the logs posted somewhere?

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »

The video isn't loading for me. Are the logs posted somewhere?

http://www.twitch.tv/ragingduckd/b/529150366

And yes, just look up the unrated games between me and JOG.

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2014, 06:21:58 am »
+2

I'd also like to upload the recording I made of the twitch.tv page itself.  That includes the spectators' comments in the twitch chat rooom.  Is there a way to upload that video to twitch also, or do I have to host it somewhere else?

It turns out that any braindead monkey can upload to YouTube.  I guess I could have inferred that. Edit: Nope.  Apparently I'm not quite qualified.  Some of my videos just got rejected for being too long.

This playlist has the games along with the twitch.tv chat room.  So you can watch me play while reading about how I should be playing differently.  Still no audio.  JOG and I are planning to do a voice-over discussion this evening (Saturday), so I'll upload that version after.

GokoDom III Final - with observer chat
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:31:14 am by ragingduckd »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2014, 06:36:23 am »

Viewer discretion is advised, in case you didn't censor my characteristic bluntness.

MarkowKette

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2014, 06:41:14 am »

any word on when you two will finish the final of epicness?

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2014, 07:02:52 am »
+5

any word on when you two will finish the final of epicness?

Tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon/evening, depending on your time zone.  Probably 2 PM PDT, but that's not set in stone yet.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2014, 08:10:22 pm »

Thanks for doing this as I was not able to watch it live. I probably wouldn't have rewatched it without sound, but with twitch chat it's really interesting.
I just want you to know that the chat in game 7 is out of sync. I haven't watched game 8 yet, but after the first few seconds it seems that there is the same problem.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2014, 08:32:57 pm »

Thanks for doing this as I was not able to watch it live. I probably wouldn't have rewatched it without sound, but with twitch chat it's really interesting.
I just want you to know that the chat in game 7 is out of sync. I haven't watched game 8 yet, but after the first few seconds it seems that there is the same problem.
The fact that you have to use spoiler tags for those games spoils it already.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2014, 09:43:23 pm »
+1

How can you tell about the chat sync?  Is it way off?  I can probably fix it with a little video editing magic if I know how far off it is.

FYI, JOG and I just created audio commentary for games 1,2, and 5.  So I'll add that to the existing files sometime this evening.

Game 5 lasts 36 minutes, and games 4,6,7, and 8 are equally slow (mostly my fault).  JOG and I quickly realized that we just didn't have 36 minutes worth of stuff to say about the game, so I'm going to try strategically accelerating the other games before we add commentary to those.

We'll see if any of this works out at all well, but you may want to hold off on watching until I upload the new versions, particularly on the slower games.

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2014, 10:27:42 pm »
+2

Game 5 lasts 36 minutes, and games 4,6,7, and 8 are equally slow (mostly my fault).  JOG and I quickly realized that we just didn't have 36 minutes worth of stuff to say about the game, so I'm going to try strategically accelerating the other games before we add commentary to those.

Don't accelerate the game; just slow down the audio commentary so it sounds like you've both recently inhaled xenon gas.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2014, 07:40:36 am »

How can you tell about the chat sync?  Is it way off?  I can probably fix it with a little video editing magic if I know how far off it is.

It's about 5mins off, probably exactly the stream delay!?

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2014, 07:45:14 am »

It's about 5mins off, probably exactly the stream delay!?

Hmm... it might be off by 5 min, but it's definitely not because of the stream delay.  That affects both the broadcast and the chat itself.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2014, 08:29:23 am »
+2

it looks to me like it is scrolled up, and new chat messages (that are in sync with the video), are appearing well below the screen, and we only see them once they are pushed up by even newer chat messages.

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2014, 11:46:31 am »

Dear AI,

are you going to announce it somewhere when you have re-uploaded the video with your audio commentary? I am looking forward to seeing it.
Greetings,
SirDagen

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2014, 01:39:40 pm »

it looks to me like it is scrolled up, and new chat messages (that are in sync with the video), are appearing well below the screen, and we only see them once they are pushed up by even newer chat messages.

Ah, okay.  I think I know what the problem is then.

Dear AI,

are you going to announce it somewhere when you have re-uploaded the video with your audio commentary? I am looking forward to seeing it.

Yes.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2014, 06:58:54 pm »
+2

The for-funsies third place match between michaeljb and myself will be on Tuesday, May 20 at 7PM Eastern (UTC-4) and I'll be streaming it!

Going live now!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.