Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: BOXED, a new website for boardgamers  (Read 3359 times)

mariane_sm

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
    • BOXED
BOXED, a new website for boardgamers
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:12:52 pm »

Hello guys!

The startup I work for has just released BOXED (www.getboxed.co): it is a way to show your boardgame collection to your friends, check statistics about it (this feature is very cool), add friends, create wishlists, etc

It is still in Beta, but many new features are coming.

I would appreciate if you could give any feedback : )

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
Re: BOXED, a new website for boardgamers
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:34:50 pm »

It shows me five games and each has a button to remove them from my collection, though I'm not sure why. It has box-back blurb for the games but the text does line-wraps in the middle of words li
ke this. I don't see the point, but I suppose it's not aimed at me.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 06:37:16 pm »

It shows me five games and each has a button to remove them from my collection, though I'm not sure why. It has box-back blurb for the games but the text does line-wraps in the middle of words li

I clicked it. I think you need to sign up to make your own collection. The great thing about board games is that you need to play with real people, so making them go to a site isn't really that practical.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 06:51:02 pm »
+3

I clicked it. I think you need to sign up to make your own collection. The great thing about board games is that you need to play with real people, so making them go to a site isn't really that practical.

Someone should tell the people over at Boardgamegeek!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 08:17:46 pm »

Hello guys!

The startup I work for has just released BOXED (www.getboxed.co): it is a way to show your boardgame collection to your friends, check statistics about it (this feature is very cool), add friends, create wishlists, etc

So, you have duplicated about 10% of the functionality of BoardGameGeek, except 14 years later.

I certainly hope your startup has another product in the works, since it failed to do the market research on this one.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:21:28 pm »

Someone should tell the people over at Boardgamegeek!

I meant for the collection part. Boardgamegeek has many other good things, but if usually if someone wants to see my collection it's because we're about to play one of the games.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 10:38:50 pm »

Hello guys!

So, you have duplicated about 10% of the functionality of BoardGameGeek, except 14 years later.

I certainly hope your startup has another product in the works, since it failed to do the market research on this one.

They know about BGG -- there's an option to import your collection. ._.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:14:46 pm »

Hello guys!

Oh wow, that takes some serious balls.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:58:43 am »
+2

Hello guys!

Oh wow, that takes some serious balls.

Boxes, Shirley?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.