Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Why is Tichu so popular?  (Read 14104 times)

Ratsia

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +113
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Tichu so popular?
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 10:52:43 am »

You can add/remove rounds with wacky rules to your liking.
Related to this, a few games go really wacky with the rules while still not falling to the "completely chaotic" category.

Friese's (the guy who designed Power Grid, and a bunch of bad board games) Stich-Meister has separate rules deck and cards from that deck also dealt for the players. Before every hand all players simultaneously play one of their rules, and these rules specify various things for that hand, such as the trump(s) and scoring (plus or minus points for various categories), but also a bit more weird things like "the 2nd largest card wins", "the winner of the trick gives the cards to the player on the left", or "before the hand, everyone passes three cards to the right" etc. It naturally becomes very chaotic, but there's still strategy.

Ebbes specifies trump and scoring (which suits are positive/negative points) in the middle of the hand, based on the order cards of a certain number are played during the hand.

I also had a third game in mind when starting to write this, but I already forgot what it was. :)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 02:04:00 am »

Sounds interesting. How is the trump determined in rounds 1 - 6 (sorry, if I'm missing something)?
Sorry for being incomplete, but there is no trump in rounds 1 - 6, the leading card is the suit for that trick and no other suit can trump it, although other suits may be played if you can't follow suit. So if you lead with the Ace of whatever, you automatically win the trick.

Trumping in rounds 7 - X is NOT required, I forgot to mention that! You may play any suit if you can't follow, not just trump.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Reyk

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 03:52:42 am »

Thx. It might be an interesting option in round 7 if you were allowed to declare "No trump"?!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.366 seconds with 21 queries.