Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ooooh that emargo...  (Read 1631 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Ooooh that emargo...
« on: January 15, 2014, 03:57:57 pm »

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
Re: Ooooh that emargo...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:28:18 pm »

i really want fairgrounds to be winning here, but I just don't think so.  it's possible but very difficult to get it up to 8 points (you need a madman and embargo that you can never play, and a curse), but still 8 points for $6 might be ok.  If you multiply embargo the colonies relatively early it may be possible.  So yeah, embargo the crap out of colonies while making sure to hold on to at least one curse.

but with colonies and provinces available, the 9 curses you get probably won't be enough to stop the colony/province player, especially with the hermit and the jack to clean them up.  That trashing really puts it over the edge.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 04:31:19 pm »

i really want fairgrounds to be winning here, but I just don't think so.  it's possible but very difficult to get it up to 8 points (you need a madman and embargo that you can never play, and a curse), but still 8 points for $6 might be ok.  If you multiply embargo the colonies relatively early it may be possible.  So yeah, embargo the crap out of colonies while making sure to hold on to at least one curse.

but with colonies and provinces available, the 9 curses you get probably won't be enough to stop the colony/province player, especially with the hermit and the jack to clean them up.  That trashing really puts it over the edge.

Yeah, Fairgrounds isn't really possible here. I just thought it was very funny that he embargo'd the Colonies just once thinking it would slow me down, then proceeds to buy Colonies before me.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 05:16:36 pm »
+2

aha.  whoosh goes the air over my head.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 06:48:18 pm »

Emargo: Action, $2

+$2
Trash this.
Place an emargo token on a letter on the emargo mat.
覧覧覧覧覧
When a player plays a card, for each letter on that card the player takes an emargo token per emargo token on that letter on the emargo mat. When a player takes their tenth emargo token, they gain a curse and return all of their emargo tokens.

Hopefully that wording is comprehendible.

(note that there is one of each letter on the emargo mat)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.