Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Weird "Adventure" Mode  (Read 10942 times)

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
Re: Weird "Adventure" Mode
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 05:23:42 am »

It seems like they have introduced some other-expansion cards into some adventures now, but in such a way that you therefore can't play them if you don't have those cards as well!
I think this is just, no-one got there before except people who owned everything and were grinding through for the promos.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +466
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 08:57:09 am »

It seems like they have introduced some other-expansion cards into some adventures now, but in such a way that you therefore can't play them if you don't have those cards as well!

Which adventures are you refering to? I've just checked most of the Base Act 2 and 3 adventures and don't see any expansion cards in there, although I have several expansions.
The only adventures I know that occasionally have another expansion's card are Cornucopia games with Young Witch (the bane is apparently randomly chosen among all cards I own), but that's been true for (at least) months.

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2014, 09:25:38 am »

PS:
They have not implemented the proposed slightly more exciting adventures yet, but they did change the starting hands to 7 Coppers 3 Estates (except Dark Ages where you get both Shelters and Estates and well no doubt they will fix that).

Thanks for the info; now I can finally finish Hinterlands adventures without hundreds of zaps and with more interesting kingdoms.

It's great that they FINALLY fixed most of the starting hands. But Dark Ages is now worse than before - 13 starting cards, out of which 6 are (essentially) dead cards, might be an interesting rule change for one or two adventures, but not for all 80. >:(
I don't understand how this could have happened unintentionally - previously, there were mostly only 3 dead cards (a mix of Shelters and Curses) in most DA adventures; they could have just replaced the Curses by Estates or by Shelters. I hope they won't take another 6 months to fix this new bug...

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 12:09:07 pm »
+6

Which adventures are you refering to?

This is from Hinterlands Act 3:15 (not a Bible verse!).

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 03:15:54 pm »

Which adventures are you refering to?

This is from Hinterlands Act 3:15 (not a Bible verse!).

That's just... goko-esque. When will they ever test their updates before releasing them?

So apparently they've only added Donald's suggested changes for Hinterlands, not for Base.
At least now I have another motivation to start playing Hinterlands Act 3, since I do own Feodum and Procession :P (I hope they haven't introduced cards from other expansions that I don't have)

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 07:22:42 pm »

That's just... goko-esque. When will they ever test their updates before releasing them?

So apparently they've only added Donald's suggested changes for Hinterlands, not for Base.
At least now I have another motivation to start playing Hinterlands Act 3, since I do own Feodum and Procession :P (I hope they haven't introduced cards from other expansions that I don't have)
It's not an update - the Hinterlands campaign *always* had cards from other expansions in it (all other large expansions). At the time I made the list, it sounded like this was a thing we were going to be able to do, so I did it. And they put it up, back then.

It hasn't come up previously because the only people playing those campaigns have been people who owned everything and were grinding through the "bot starts with 3 Provinces" levels to get the promos. Now that you can actually play the campaigns, there it is.

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 09:25:47 am »

It's not an update - the Hinterlands campaign *always* had cards from other expansions in it (all other large expansions). At the time I made the list, it sounded like this was a thing we were going to be able to do, so I did it. And they put it up, back then.

It hasn't come up previously because the only people playing those campaigns have been people who owned everything and were grinding through the "bot starts with 3 Provinces" levels to get the promos. Now that you can actually play the campaigns, there it is.

I see; so the bug was also there before, presumably? Then I am lucky not to have spent thousands of "coins" on zaps for a literally unplayable Hinterlands Act before, which I was seriously considering in order to get my 2nd promo card.  ???
Is the Hinterlands campaign already in the "final" form which you'd like it to have, or are there further unimplemented card changes (or rules changes?) still missing?

I suppose there are no other adventures which already have "foreign" cards?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »
+1

I see; so the bug was also there before, presumably? Then I am lucky not to have spent thousands of "coins" on zaps for a literally unplayable Hinterlands Act before, which I was seriously considering in order to get my 2nd promo card.  ???
Is the Hinterlands campaign already in the "final" form which you'd like it to have, or are there further unimplemented card changes (or rules changes?) still missing?

I suppose there are no other adventures which already have "foreign" cards?
Hinterlands always had the cards, and they never had the intended "let them play with these cards even if they don't have them."

The expansions are not in their final form, including that one. Act 3's are intended to get game-modifying rules; some levels sprinkled around involve players starting with particular cards.

The Guilds campaign that they never put in also had cards from other sets.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.