Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Network Connection  (Read 3422 times)

YoDrummer

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Network Connection
« on: January 05, 2014, 12:27:00 am »

Okay, so it appears goko's site is having problems.  It's been on-again/off-again for some time now.  I want to know if I can get my money back.  I have paid to play and it's not working.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:02:02 pm by YoDrummer »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Network Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 12:31:22 am »

This is what appears to have happened:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10149.0

Goko's servers aren't able to handle the stress.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:33:00 am »
+2

Keep getting error message: "lost network connection".  My online friends are having the same problem.  I can play any online game except dominion right now.  What's going on?

First, welcome to the forums!

Second, this should go in the Dominion Online section of Dominion General Discussion.

Third, to answer your question, Goko has slowly been deteriorating in quality.  This has been happening for a couple months.  Right when Goko launched, some people thought this would happen at some point (especially because it was a lot worse then).  See this thread for other people talking about it.

PPE: Or, what Kirian said.  I'm not sure.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Confused/Kathy

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 10:12:05 am »
+2

I seem to be blocked from GOKO since this morning.  I don't know if it is because I have been complaining a lot about how often the game breaks lately or if using Chrome to clear my cookies and cache accidentally messed up something.  I cleared everything a little after 1 am this morning in an effort to possibly help the problems that I have been having with Dominion.  I am no computer whiz, so I hope that I didn't accidentally do something to cause them to bar me from the site.  I don't use profanity or act really rude when complaining about how often the game has been breaking lately.  I don't really understand why they would bar me from the site.  The game was totally broke last night before I cleared the cookies and cache.  I have bought all of the Dominion cards, so I am a paying customer.  Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?  I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 10:22:36 am »
+1

I seem to be blocked from GOKO since this morning.  I don't know if it is because I have been complaining a lot about how often the game breaks lately or if using Chrome to clear my cookies and cache accidentally messed up something.  I cleared everything a little after 1 am this morning in an effort to possibly help the problems that I have been having with Dominion.  I am no computer whiz, so I hope that I didn't accidentally do something to cause them to bar me from the site.  I don't use profanity or act really rude when complaining about how often the game has been breaking lately.  I don't really understand why they would bar me from the site.  The game was totally broke last night before I cleared the cookies and cache.  I have bought all of the Dominion cards, so I am a paying customer.  Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?  I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

You aren't blocked.  The site is down for everyone.  They have not given any word on when it will be back up, but it seems it crashed due to lots of traffic from an internet celebrity's video.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Confused/Kathy

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 10:40:46 am »

The thing is the game is just not down.  I am totally blocked from Goko since this morning, period, not just Dominion.  I can't even access the Goko website.  I really only play Dominion, but this seems totally strange to me.  There is no message that the site is down or anything.  When I try to access the GOKO web page it tells me that it is unavailable.  Is that what is happening to everyone.  I noticed one poster said that he can play all of the other games, just not Dominion, so he must at least be able to get on the GOKO website.  I understand if the website is down.  Maybe they are fixing some of the problems, but I was wondering about being totally blocked from GOKO.  That seems a little weird.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 10:49:28 am »
+1

The thing is the game is just not down.  I am totally blocked from Goko since this morning, period, not just Dominion.  I can't even access the Goko website.

True for everyone. The whole site is down.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 10:50:30 am »
+3

The thing is the game is just not down.  I am totally blocked from Goko since this morning, period, not just Dominion.  I can't even access the Goko website.  I really only play Dominion, but this seems totally strange to me.  There is no message that the site is down or anything.  When I try to access the GOKO web page it tells me that it is unavailable.  Is that what is happening to everyone.  I noticed one poster said that he can play all of the other games, just not Dominion, so he must at least be able to get on the GOKO website.  I understand if the website is down.  Maybe they are fixing some of the problems, but I was wondering about being totally blocked from GOKO.  That seems a little weird.

Their main site is up but barely functioning for me.  In any case, to be honest with you, Goko doesn't seem to pay much attention to their userbase at all so it's unlikely you would have been banned for anything.  I'm not even sure if they have the capability of blocking someone considering various cheaters are still using the site.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Confused/Kathy

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 11:03:22 am »

Thanks everyone for your feedback.  I feel a little better about it now.  Lets hope they get their site up and running smoothly soon.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 12:43:01 pm »
+4

Lets hope they get their site up and running smoothly soon.
Most of us have been hoping that for a year or so now, still hasn't happened....
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.