Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: TotalBiscuit on Goko  (Read 24949 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: TotalBiscuit on Goko
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 04:19:00 pm »
+3

pingpongsam is now the apologist meme apologist.

See, that's funny because in order for me to be the apologist meme apologist there had to first exist an apologist meme and I had to, on some level, defend it...
This is funny, because it's explaining a joke. A while ago, on f.ds, a joke that many users didn't understand was posted, and this resulted in discussing the effects of explaining a joke. After that, explaining jokes became a running inside joke on the Dominion Strategy forum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 04:20:25 pm »
+3

We need to go deeper:

See, that's funny because in order for me to be the apologist meme apologist there had to first exist an apologist meme and I had to, on some level, defend it...
This is funny, because it's explaining a joke. A while ago, on f.ds, a joke that many users didn't understand was posted, and this resulted in discussing the effects of explaining a joke. After that, explaining jokes became a running inside joke on the Dominion Strategy forum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 04:36:11 pm »
+3

Deeper still:

We need to go deeper:

This is funny, because it's explaining a joke. A whil......wait a second
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 04:46:00 pm »

Deeper still:

We need to go deeper:

I think this is relevant here: http://xkcd.com/1313/.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 04:46:16 pm »
+16

Guys, be serious please and on topic please!

Sorry about these crazies Mr TotalBiscuit, I try to keep this place respectable and proper, but every now and again they go all silly and go off at wild tangents about things that don't really make sense.

Quite frankly its a bit embarrassing.

Ozle
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 04:49:26 pm »
+2

Sorry about these crazies Mr TotalBiscuit, I try to keep this place respectable and proper, but every now and again they go all silly and go off at wild tangents about things that don't really make sense.

Ozle

Uh...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 04:55:25 pm »
+1

they go all silly and go off at wild tangents about things that don't really make sense
Is this the "we are all the same person" joke?

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 05:01:48 pm »
+1

Deeper still:

We need to go deeper:

I think this is relevant here: http://xkcd.com/1313/.

I would have gone with this one instead.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 05:22:24 pm »
+3

Deeper still:

We need to go deeper:

This is funny, because Awaclus and e have exaggerated the personality type of many f.ds posters to assume that they think so algorithmically that they are unable to identify that they have entered a non-terminating loop, and will therefore post this same message indefinitely.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 05:26:11 pm »
+6

Actually, it's not funny at all.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 05:30:58 pm »
+6

You're right, it's not funny because I just played my coin token.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 05:49:52 pm »
+5

Deeper still:

We need to go deeper:

This is funny, because Awaclus and e have exaggerated the personality type of many f.ds posters to assume that they think so algorithmically that they are unable to identify that they have entered a non-terminating loop, and will therefore post this same message indefinitely.

There's not such a things such a non-terminating loop on f.ds, as any such loop would have an edge case.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 05:51:16 pm »
+6

Deeper still:

We need to go deeper:

There's not such a things such a non-terminating loop on f.ds, as any such loop would have an edge case.

You're just sore because you didn't realize Baker was on the board.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 05:55:49 pm »
+1

Deeper still:

We need to go deeper:

That depends on the kingdom.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 05:57:07 pm »
+7

Welcome to forum.dominionstrategry.com.  We are happy you have joined the forums.  Please allow us to completely derail this thread and confuse you.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 06:00:03 pm »

Welcome to forum.dominionstrategry.com.  We are happy you have joined the forums.  Please allow us to completely derail this thread and confuse you.

See, this wanderingweaver guy gets it!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2014, 06:27:24 pm »

You're right, it's not funny because I just played my coin token.

Fixed that for you.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »
+6

Also, we have forum games.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2014, 12:28:01 am »
+1

Deeper still:

We need to go deeper:

That depends on the kingdom.

Oh yeah? Well goko won't let me even make a kingdom!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2014, 02:35:45 am »
+3

Ozle

To go a bit back on topic, seems like Goko owes TotalBiscuit some gocoins...
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7455.0

matste

• Scout
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 07:46:14 am »

That's a huge rise if you take into account that on January 5th it was impossible to create a game and on 4th the servers were extremelly laggy. Can you send us the numbers for these days?

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 08:09:21 am »

That's a huge rise if you take into account that on January 5th it was impossible to create a game and on 4th the servers were extremelly laggy. Can you send us the numbers for these days?

So there must have been lots of newcomers who went there because of the TotalBiscuit review who turned away because they couldn't play. Only very few of them will come back I guess, so it's a really big loss for Goko to turn away all those people who could have become customers.

I haven't seen the review, but as I understood it from what TotalBiscuit wrote in this thread it was primarily a review of the game Dominion, and only secondarily about Goko Dominion Online. Thinking about it like that this is really a big loss for RGG as way, since the probability that those who watched the review would buy the (physical) game also decreases after a bad first experience.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2014, 08:52:41 am »

That's insane. You can't eben see the day when Goko was completely unavailable for quite a long time

AngryRockaSaur

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2014, 09:53:32 pm »
+1

That's insane. You can't eben see the day when Goko was completely unavailable for quite a long time

Blame TB for creating a video about Goko/Dominion, causing his viewers to DDoS Goko and making it unplayable and unavailable.

TL:DR TotalBiscuit broke goko
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:56:17 pm by AngryRockaSaur »

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: serakfalcon
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2014, 10:00:02 pm »
+2

Blame TB for creating a video about Goko/Dominion, causing his viewers to DDoS Goko and making it unplayable and unavailable.

TL:DR TotalBiscuit broke goko

Goko was already broken, TotalBiscuit just made it painfully obvious
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.