Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What is the audience for this?  (Read 15633 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
Re: What is the audience for this?
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 09:27:58 pm »

You should play a game where both people record it, and then edit it into one video so you can show both perspectives.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 09:54:03 pm »
+3

You should play a game where both people record it, and then edit it into one video so you can show both perspectives.

Qvist and I have several videos like that, if this is what you want...
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 02:32:17 pm »
+2

Hello Adam,

I love watching Dominion videos and the more skilled the player, the better. Also I like explanations, why this is better than this or why this strategy will not work. I am to get really good in playing Dominion, but I sometimes are not in the mood of playing myself.

I very much appreciate watching videos since I understand that they it takes some time to create them and I especially enjoy your experimental format where you see both players card at the same time. Love it!

If there are no videos to see, I will watch streams or recorded stream since I understand that they are much easier to create.

I just watched the beginning of your first streamed video. Great! The quality is so much better without the whole browser window. I now understand that you didn't like youtube.

Enjoy yourself
SirD
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:36:54 pm by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 10:46:49 am »

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you like it.  ;D

Qvist and I will be streaming for a bit starting now.

My channel: http://www.twitch.tv/adamhorton

His channel: http://www.twitch.tv/davqvist

Multitwitch: http://www.multitwitch.tv/adamhorton/davqvist

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 12:54:02 pm »
+1

I currently have 148 subscribers on YT. If I get 150 subscribers, I'll reveal something for the 2014 edition of the "Best Cards List" in our stream.  ;)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 05:26:48 pm »

I continue streaming for a little bit if anyone wants to listen...

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 05:55:46 am »

Can anyone explain the difference between streaming and streaming to me? I mean, I'm using (read: I haven't used for a long time) livestream procaster and that's streamed, which is how the f.ds championship bronze medal match against OWB was streamed life, and I know at least some people were watching it.

For content: So far, most people have made videos and shown their approach to the actual game and talked about their strategies, but I've already encountered some criticism saying that some viewers regarded that as boring and preferred more of a popcorn dominion approach - whatever that exactly means - but your videos, AdamH, seemed to meet their taste. I must admit that I haven't watched many videos lately, so I don't really know what people tell when they record/stream (I will fix this.).

Maybe it's worth to consider a channel where several people contribute? Like someone taking over videos where the main focus is strategy (break that down into strategy for beginners, strategy for advanced etc.), others meeting the popcorn dominion audience, others meet the *insert other funny categories here* guys.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2014, 07:14:38 am »

Maybe it's worth to consider a channel where several people contribute? Like someone taking over videos where the main focus is strategy (break that down into strategy for beginners, strategy for advanced etc.), others meeting the popcorn dominion audience, others meet the *insert other funny categories here* guys.

Interesting idea. I'm interested in some comments on this.
I found streaming a lot harder than making YT videos because there will be gaps - either between games or when there are boring games or, when I play with Adam, while he is muting me - and then I have a hard time knowing what to talk about. I'd appreciate some ideas to make this more interesting.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2014, 08:44:00 am »

streaming a little bit again...

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2014, 10:57:17 am »

Can anyone explain the difference between streaming and streaming to me?

Did you misspeak here? I'm not sure what you're asking. When I talk about streaming, it means that people are watching what I do and say live (with about a 20 second delay) and I can interact with them through the chat.

For content: So far, most people have made videos and shown their approach to the actual game and talked about their strategies, but I've already encountered some criticism saying that some viewers regarded that as boring and preferred more of a popcorn dominion approach - whatever that exactly means - but your videos, AdamH, seemed to meet their taste. I must admit that I haven't watched many videos lately, so I don't really know what people tell when they record/stream (I will fix this.).

"Popcorn Dominion" videos. What that means to me is a video that's entertaining to watch, even for someone who isn't watching the video just to get better at the game. To make a contrast, WanderingWinder is really really good at the game and when I watch his videos I learn things, but a more casual player might not. If he gets an unfortunate draw, he rarely shows much emotion in the process. I'd like to think I'm OK at the game, so casual players may certainly get better watching my videos. But I try to make my videos somewhat entertaining by showing my sense of humor (which I realize isn't for everyone). I talk a lot more to the video so maybe it's a little more accessible, and if I get a bad draw I'll whine about it, which some people might think is funny. These are at least my thoughts.

Is that what this was intended to be?

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2014, 04:54:00 am »

Can anyone explain the difference between streaming and streaming to me?

Did you misspeak here? I'm not sure what you're asking. When I talk about streaming, it means that people are watching what I do and say live (with about a 20 second delay) and I can interact with them through the chat.

"Popcorn Dominion" videos. What that means to me is a video that's entertaining to watch, even for someone who isn't watching the video just to get better at the game. To make a contrast, WanderingWinder is really really good at the game and when I watch his videos I learn things, but a more casual player might not. If he gets an unfortunate draw, he rarely shows much emotion in the process. I'd like to think I'm OK at the game, so casual players may certainly get better watching my videos. But I try to make my videos somewhat entertaining by showing my sense of humor (which I realize isn't for everyone). I talk a lot more to the video so maybe it's a little more accessible, and if I get a bad draw I'll whine about it, which some people might think is funny. These are at least my thoughts.

Is that what this was intended to be?

I didn't misspeak. I meant that when I record for putting videos up on youtube, it's streamed anyway because the software I use for recording is a streaming software as well.
The link you gave is probably something of that kind. My idea was just that it might be hard for a single player to fill a whole channel unless you're on a gap year or physically ill but not handicapped in any way preventing you from playing dominion and streaming it. And that a number of different approaches ( a) popcorn, b) strategy, c) discuss NBA/Bundesliga/Australian Open results while playing dominion, ...) within one channel would attract a wider audience.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2014, 07:36:40 am »

Ah, well there's some software out there that's capable of streaming live and/or saving video files. When I stream, I stream to Twitch.tv and others can watch it there and chat with each other and me while I'm playing. If that isn't done then the end result is pretty much the same as just putting the video up on YouTube, only there you get a chance to edit it first.

I wonder who put together the DS YouTube channel, and if they can make the settings such that it just pushes what other channels put out to its subscribers. I don't know if that's possible but it seems to me like that's what the point of that channel is. Maybe not and I'm just clueless...

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2014, 10:55:38 am »

the difference between streaming and streaming is streaming.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2014, 10:57:32 am »

I currently have 148 subscribers on YT. If I get 150 subscribers, I'll reveal something for the 2014 edition of the "Best Cards List" in our stream.  ;)
I'd buy that for a dollar! (I mean, i'm your fiftieth subscriber.  gimme reveals. gimme gimme.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:04:50 pm by flies »
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2014, 02:22:08 pm »

I'd buy that for a dollar! (I mean, i'm your fiftieth subscriber.  gimme reveals. gimme gimme.)

Sure, but unfortunately not before Saturday when I get back home.

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, 03:43:39 pm »

i will wail, gnash my teeth, and pull at my hair until then.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.