Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Treasure Chest Compilation Thread  (Read 10197 times)

LastFootnote

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Treasure Chest Compilation Thread
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:18:02 am »
+15

Guys, I promise I will make this a for-reals thread soon, but for now I am very tired and am having trouble making Prefecture, so please have these four card images.

EDIT: Now that mith is reviving this contest, the least I can do is try to mock up the winning cards using my latest template. Here's Diviner; I will attempt to do the rest soonish.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:21:41 pm by LastFootnote »

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Chest Compilation Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 07:42:58 pm »

Wow, these are all very cool card ideas, and obviously well thought out. I know I'm yet but a little wight in this forum, but I'll give you my opinion on these cards anyway^^

Tithe: At first I thought, this was too good because a Silver with + buy and the option of gaining 2 VPs for buying a card that is no total junk card is quite strong. But I can see this collide often with the decision to buy a province and then you'd probably not have enough money for that other card that gives you + 2 VPs. So you'd take the province anyway... but then you would think "so I bought an expensive treasure and just use it as a regular Silver?" You'd be really tempted to buy the card the other player chose, anyway. This offers some really cute non-attack player interaction which is always great :D Is that what you had in mind for this?

Diviner: Not much to say to that. Definitely a useful card and reasonably priced. A good idea that's hasn't been there before in that form.

Mortuary: Trash for benefit that doesn't particularly care about Copper, Curses or Ruins. The "while in play"-effect seems mediocre at first, but it offers some potential for crazy combos with cards like, let's say, Embassy and Fortress: Play Fortress and Embassy, discard Fortresses from your hand. Play Mortuary, trash Fortress from discard pile, draw a card and put the Fortress into your hand. Play another Mortuary, trash another Fortress, draw a card, play the Fortress, play Embassy, go on until draw your whole deck^^

Refit: Another card with so much potential for interesting decisions and tactics. It's a Remodel and a flexible Upgrade in one package, but can also be an Expand if you use it on the same card twice (though this requires an intermediate $2-step). Great idea!

By the way, they all look nice. Have the pictures been drawn specifically for these cards?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:44:21 pm by Co0kieL0rd »
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 10:42:40 pm »
+2

By the way, they all look nice. Have the pictures been drawn specifically for these cards?
Probably not, unless LFN somehow convinced Edvard Munch to return from the dead just to draw something for Mortuary. Like the thread for rinkwork's cards, these would all be freely-available images apropriated for the cards.

mith

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 01:14:53 pm »
+1

Did we ever get a final list of winners for this contest? (I know the images never got finished, but I would also be interested in any which were completed.)

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 05:57:40 pm »
+1

Went through and compiled things; it looks like there was never a runoff in the Alchemy, Guilds, and Prizes contests; and Hinterlands had a tie for second (pre-runoff).

Prosperity

27 votes:

Quote from: SirPeebles
Indulgence
Types: Treasure
Cost: $5
Worth $2. +1 Buy. When you play this, the player to your left chooses a card in the Supply costing between $3 and $6. When you buy a copy of that card this turn, +2VP.

17 votes:

Quote from: Schneau
Metropolis
Types: Action
Cost: $7
+1 Card. +2 Actions. Treasure cards other than Copper produce an extra $1 this turn.

Hinterlands

11 votes:

Quote from: jamespotter
Diviner
Cost: $3
+2 Cards. +1 Buy.

While this is in play, when you buy a card, reveal the top 2 cards of your deck, discard any number, and put the rest back on top in any order.

10 votes:

Quote from: markusin
Mountain Dwellers
+1 Card. +1 Action. Reveal your hand. If you revealed 3 or more Treasure cards, +$1.

When you buy this, you may trash a Treasure card you have in play. Gain a Treasure card costing exactly $3 more than it.

Quote from: ChocophileBenj
Troglodyte Caves
+1 Card. +1 Action. Discard any number of cards. +1 Card per card discarded.

When you gain this, you may reveal a card from your hand costing less than this. Gain a copy of it.

Dark Ages

14 votes:

Mortuary
+1 Action. Look through your discard pile. You may trash a card from your discard pile or hand.

While this is in play, when you trash a card costing $2 or more, +1 Card.

13 votes:

Quote from: Robz888
Renovate
Type: Action
Cost: $4
Trash a card from your hand. You may gain a card costing up to $1 more than the trashed card, putting it into your hand. If it is an Action card, play it.

Seaside

10 votes:

Quote from: yuma
Recycle
Types: Action – Duration
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $2 more than the trashed card, setting it aside face down. At the start of your next turn, return the gained card to your hand and trash a card from your hand, gaining a card costing up to $1 more than that trashed card.

Quote from: Archetype
Observatory
Cost: $2
+1 Action. Trash a card from your hand. Look at one card from your deck per $ in its cost. You may put one of them into your hand and discard any number of the others. Put the rest back in any order.

Intrigue

13, 19 votes:

Quote from: Fragasnap
Prefecture
Types: Action – Victory
Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a Victory card. If you do, put it and one other revealed card into your hand. Discard the rest.

Worth 2 VP.

16, 15 votes:

Quote from: HeavyD
Landlord
Types: Action – Victory
+2 Cards. You may discard a Victory card. If you do, +1 Action.

Worth 1 VP per empty Supply pile.

Cornucopia

10, 12 votes:

Quote from: eHalcyon
Storyteller
+1 Card. If this is the first time you played a Storyteller this turn, +1 Action.

While this is in play, when you play an Action card that you don't already have a copy of in play, +1 Action.

Clarification: The first Storyteller you play only gives you +1 Action, not +2 Actions, because it wasn't in play when you played it.

Alchemy Finalists

12 votes:

Incantation
Cost: $3P
+1 Card. +1 Action. Trash a card from your hand. If you do, reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a card that costs more than it and shares a type with it. Put it into your hand and discard the rest.

Research
Cost: $1P
Trash 2 cards from your hand. Gain a card costing exactly $2 or $1P more than the total cost of the trashed cards in coins.

When you gain this, gain an Action costing up to $4.

8 votes:

Druid
Cost: $4P
+1 Card. +1 Action. Choose one: +$2; or +P.

When you buy this, trash all Treasure cards you have in play.

Elixir (C)
Cost: $3P
+1 Action. +1 Buy. +$1. Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a Potion or a card costing at least P. Put that card into your hand and discard the rest.

Enclave
Cost: $2P
+2 Actions. You may discard your hand. If you do, +1 Card per Action card you have in play.

Guilds Finalists

11 votes:

Barber
+1 Action. Choose one: Discard any number of cards and take a Coin token per card discarded; or pay any number of Coin tokens and +1 Card per token paid.

Porter
Cost: $2+
+1 Card. +1 Action. You may put any number of cards from your hand on top of your deck.

When you buy this, you may overpay for it. For each $1 you overpaid, set aside the top card of your deck, putting it into your hand at the start of your next turn.

10 votes:
Dancer
+1 Card. Take a Coin token. You may pay any number of Coin tokens. For each token you paid, +1 Action.

When you gain this, take a Coin token.

8 votes:

Royal Guard
Types: Action – Reaction
Cost: $3
+1 Action. Choose one: Take a Coin token; or pay any number of Coin tokens and +$2 per token paid.

When any player (including you) plays an Attack card, you may discard this from your hand. If you do, take 2 Coin tokens.

Town Hall
Cost: $2+
+3 Actions.

When you buy this, you may overpay for it. For each $1 you overpaid, choose a card you have in play. If you discard that card this turn, put it on top of your deck.

Prize Finalists

13 votes:

Magic Lamp
Types: Action – Prize
Cost: $0*
Gain an Action card costing up to $4. Play it.

Stalwart Mule
+4 Actions. Gain a card costing up to $1 per unused Action you have (Action, not Action card).

11 votes:

Servicemen
+1 Action. Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $3 more than the trashed card, putting it into your hand.

9 votes:

Golden Hammer
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $4 more than it.

Wizard
If this is the first Action card you played this turn, +3 Cards and +1 Action. Otherwise, +1 Card and +3 Actions.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:27:49 pm by mith »

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 10:33:45 pm »
+2

Reposted below.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:02:49 pm by mith »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 10:41:07 pm »
+2

That reminds me, Storyteller needs a new name.  My best ideas right now are Playing Company or Travelling Players, which are different but thematically related.  Alternatively, it could be more of a synonym, like Raconteur.  Any suggestions?

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 11:31:31 pm »

For my printout of the Storyteller card, I called it  Bard.

BTW, I've tested several of these already and like most of them, although I was rather disappointed with how Mortuary played after I liked the looks of it. I'm thinking it could probably cost $4, but then it might be overpowered in those few games where it's good.

Another note: Observatory is very similar to Raze, so it's kindof outdated as a fan card (although very cool for Archetype that his card was so similar to one Donald published a year later).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:33:31 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 11:46:42 pm »

We could always have a poll for renaming Storyteller... I figure final say is eHalcyon's, though.

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 04:13:09 pm »

Still no baby. Induction scheduled for tomorrow morning, so there will likely be a short delay in updating results this week.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 04:16:47 pm »

We could always have a poll for renaming Storyteller... I figure final say is eHalcyon's, though.

I would not mind a poll, but that would require submissions, and open discussion would work as well if only people gave some ideas. :P

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 04:18:52 pm »

I quite like Raconteur and Bard, for what it's worth.

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 02:24:00 pm »
+14

Weird place to put this, but:

Our son was born Wednesday at 10pm. We've been in the hospital a little longer than anticipated, but should be going home today. Baby and mommy are both doing well, and we're getting into a good pattern of feeding and sleeping. I should start to catch up on things here in a few days.

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 01:02:29 pm »
+3

Updated compliation, reformatted. Still trying to figure out how I can force a fixed width without the lorem ipsum...

Intrigue
2014 Thread

Prefecture

Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a Victory card. If you do, put it and one other revealed card into your hand. Discard the rest.

Worth 2VP

$5      Action – Victory
Intrigue
2016 Thread

Quote from: Beyond Awesome
Royal Tutor

You may play an action card from your hand. If you do, play another action from the supply costing up to the cost of the first played card.

$5      Action

Clarification: The second card remains in the supply.
Seaside
2014 Thread

Quote from: yuma
Shipyard

Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $2 more than the trashed card, setting it aside face down. At the start of your next turn, return the gained card to your hand and trash a card from your hand, gaining a card costing up to $1 more than that trashed card.

$5      Action – Duration

Note: Previously named "Recycle"

Card Art
Seaside
2016 Thread

Quote from: mith
Prawn Shop

+1 Buy
+$1

At the start of your next turn, +1 Card, +1 Action.

$4      Action – Duration
Prosperity
2014 Thread

Quote from: SirPeebles
Indulgence

Worth $2
+1 Buy

When you play this, the player to your left chooses a card in the Supply costing between $3 and $6. When you buy a copy of that card this turn, +2VP.

$5      Treasure
Prosperity
2016 Thread

Quote from: trivialknot
Collector

+1 Action

You may play a Treasure card from your hand.
Draw until you have 4 cards in hand.
Each other player may discard a card.

$4      Action

Card Art

Hinterlands
2014 Thread

Quote from: jamespotter
Diviner

+2 Cards
+1 Buy

While this is in play, when you buy a card, reveal the top 2 cards of your deck, discard any number, and put the rest back on top in any order.

$3      Action

Card Art
Hinterlands
2016 Thread

Quote from: King Leon
Tinker

+1 Buy
+$1

When you buy this or play it, you may trash a Copper from your hand. If you do, gain a Silver.

$3      Action
Dark Ages
2014 Thread

Mortuary

+1 Action
Look through your discard pile. You may trash a card from your discard pile or hand.

While this is in play, when you trash a card costing $2 or more, +1 Card.

$5      Action

Card Art
Dark Ages
2016 Thread

TBD
Alchemy
2014 Thread, 2016 Runoff

Elixir

+1 Action
+1 Buy
+$1

Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a Potion or a card costing at least P. Put that card into your hand and discard the rest.

$3P      Action
Guilds
2014 Thread, 2016 Runoff

Quote from: RobertJ
Barber

+1 Action
Choose one: Discard any number of cards and take a Coin token per card discarded; or pay any number of Coin tokens and +1 Card per token paid.

$4      Action

Cornucopia
2014 Thread

Storyteller

+1 Card
If this is the first time you played a Storyteller this turn, +1 Action.

While this is in play, when you play an Action card that you don't already have a copy of in play, +1 Action.

$4      Action

Clarification: The first Storyteller you play only gives you +1 Action, not +2 Actions, because it wasn't in play when you played it.
Prize
2014 Thread

Golden Hammer

Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $4 more than it.

(This is not in the Supply.)

$0*      Action – Prize
Prize
2014 Thread

Magic Lamp

Gain an Action card costing up to $4. Play it.

$0*      Action – Prize
Prize
2014 Thread

Servicemen

+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $3 more than the trashed card, putting it into your hand.

$0*      Action – Prize
Prize
2014 Thread

Stalwart Mule

+4 Actions
Gain a card costing up to $1 per unused Action you have (Action, not Action card).

$0*      Action – Prize
Prize
2014 Thread

Wizard

If this is the first Action card you played this turn, +3 Cards and +1 Action. Otherwise, +1 Card and +3 Actions.

$0*      Action – Prize

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Adventures
2016 Thread 1

Circus

+1 Card
+1 Action

Turn your Journey token over (it starts face up). If it's face up, swap one of your tokens on the Circus pile.

At the start of the game, each player puts his -$2 and +1 Buy tokens on this pile.

$6      Action

Clarification: Swap means to remove one of your tokens from the pile and replace it with a different one. Valid tokens are those that go on the Action Supply piles, i.e. the vanilla bonus tokens, the trashing token and the -$2 token.
Traveller
2016 Thread

TBD
Traveller
2016 Thread

TBD
Traveller
2016 Thread

TBD
Traveller
2016 Thread

TBD
Traveller
2016 Thread

TBD

Base
2016 Thread 1

Florist

+1 Card
+1 Action

If you have an even number of cards in play (counting this), +$1.

$3      Action

Card Art
Empires
2016 Thread 1

TBD
Empires
2016 Thread 2

TBD
Promo
2016 Thread

TBD
Cross-Set
2016 Thread

TBD
Cross-Set
2016 Thread

TBD

Event
2016 Thread 1

Quote from: scott_pilgrim
Odyssey

The player to your left moves your +1 Card and +1 Action tokens to an Action Supply pile (when you play a card from that pile, you first get +1 Card, +1 Action).

$4      Event
Event
2016 Thread 2

Quote from: scott_pilgrim
Recruit

The player to your left names two cards. Gain a card costing up to $6 that he did not name.

$4      Event
Event
2016 Thread 3

TBD
Event
2016 Thread 4

TBD
Event
2016 Thread 5

TBD

Landmark
2016 Thread 1

Quote from: spiralstaircase
Ossuary

When scoring, the most common card in the trash is worth +1 VP. (If it's a tie, all tied cards are.)

Setup: Trash a Duchy.

Landmark
Landmark
2016 Thread 2

TBD
Landmark
2016 Thread 3

TBD
Landmark
2016 Thread 4

TBD
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:14:22 pm by mith »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 08:20:58 am »
+1

I just now noticed you added some of my art to this.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 02:33:59 pm »

For some reason the forum isn't letting me edit the post above (maybe it finally has too much stuff in it). Here's the Event 3 winner:

Event
2016 Thread 3

Renovate

Trash a card you have in play. Gain a card costing exactly $2 more, putting it on top of your deck.

$3      Event
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.