Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: games that keep you coming back  (Read 717 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
games that keep you coming back
« on: December 23, 2013, 12:43:25 am »
+4

I was playing a bunch of games with SCSN, and he was winning most of them.  I was feeling unlucky and down, then this game comes around.  A very interesting game.

log: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20131222/log.515f2508e4b09ee2d2aa5c19.1387773315707.txt

Code: [Select]
Herbalist, Pawn, Stonemason, Hermit, Village, Ironmonger, Thief, Festival, Horn of Plenty, Border Village
We both trash all estates through hermit, and SCSN noticed the opportunity to use madman to have a mega-HoP turn and win while I failed to notice it until after he was well ahead of me on that engine.  An ironmonger rush has drained that pile, and hermits are low.  T11, SCSN is able to play 3 hermits and a HoP to gain a village, pawn, another hermit, and another HoP while trashing the three hermits for madmen.  There are now 0 ironworks, 4 HoPs, and 1 hermit remaining.  I know the end is near.  All he has to do is play a madman or two and he wins.  I only have 2 HoPs, 2 pawns, and a single hermit in my deck so I don't have very much power to empty the piles quickly.  I get the perfect draw.  Ironmongers, then my only madman.  I use it and end up with my 2 HoPs, 1 pawn already played for +buy, my hermit in hand, and 11 coin to spend. 

I gain the last hermit with my hermit, gain two HoPs with my HoPs, then purchase stonemason, overpaying by 6 to gain two Border Villages which gain the final two HoPs emptying the third pile.  I then have $3 to buy an estate for a 1 VP win.

As I said in the title, it is games like this that make me love Dominion and keep coming back.  SCSN is always fun to play with, and because he always wins most of our games, any time I can steal one like this is awesome.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 2.978 seconds with 20 queries.